Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Japs do everything better

The Japanese control the RPG business

• Yes

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • Larian will save us

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
PC gamers are thieving lying niggers, always have been. They blame consoles but people who own consoles pay money. The PC gamer was and always will be the decline.

"If only dey put it on da PC I woont steals it"

*game releases on PC*

"Oh denuVO, i stealin dis bitch"

Fuck your whore mom. YOU, are the decline.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
You got me wrong there.
I totally love the way that the JRPGs of old, which SoS and Chained Echoes attribute but "don't get", enriched the player's time with endless amounts of exposition, dialogue and cutscenes.
Truly, I wish those new games would've done that as well.

Octopath Traveler 1+2 are much better in this regard. About 50% of the time you aren't even playing, just reading.
And the rest of the time you play the classic jRPG combat with a "deep" system that is completely wasted because all encounters are way too easy.
I dig it. No innovation necessary.

Thesheep points out the problems with JRPGS since maybe PS1 Generation?

Deep system that is completely wasted because all encounters are too easy,
except for the optional LAST SECRET FINAL BOSS, who to have any hope of beating you have to run around fighting random battles for 40 hours.

With little inbetween "too easy" and "complete time-waste".

Last edited:

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
PC gamers are thieving lying niggers, always have been. They blame consoles but people who own consoles pay money. The PC gamer was and always will be the decline.

"If only dey put it on da PC I woont steals it"

*game releases on PC*

"Oh denuVO, i stealin dis bitch"

Fuck your whore mom. YOU, are the decline.
A controller is for the untermensch, you become a slave to it's inputs and are forced to twiddle it's awkward knobs. A mouse on the other hand is the patrician's choice. It is a kind of digital wand and you only have one button to press.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Did PC niggers ever stop to think that maybe the reason denuvo exists in the first place is because of PC niggers? It wasn't invented to stop console gamers from buying games. PC niggers confused why dis evil awful ting exist. I have no idea.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
You got me wrong there.
I totally love the way that the JRPGs of old, which SoS and Chained Echoes attribute but "don't get", enriched the player's time with endless amounts of exposition, dialogue and cutscenes.

Octopath Traveler 1+2 are much better in this regard. About 50% of the time you aren't even playing, just reading.
And the rest of the time you play the classic jRPG combat with a "deep" system that is completely wasted because all encounters are way too easy.

except for the optional LAST SECRET FINAL BOSS, who to have any hope of beating you have to run around fighting random battles for 40 hours.

That's the thing. To me they all seem filled with stupid amounts of grinding.

Readher

Savant
Did PC niggers ever stop to think that maybe the reason denuvo exists in the first place is because of PC niggers? It wasn't invented to stop console gamers from buying games. PC niggers confused why dis evil awful ting exist. I have no idea.
No need for Denuvo on consoles since daddy corporation has one hand on the box and fully controls everything you can do on it. The other hand is holding your consolesissy leash as you bark your nonsense.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
No need for Denuvo on consoles since daddy corporation has one hand on the box and fully controls everything you can do on it. The other hand is holding your consolesissy leash as you bark your nonsense.
There is no excuse for your theft, nigger.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://www.thedailymeal.com/1268086/ultimate-guide-japanese-alcohol/
l-intro-1682363665.jpg

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I vote in favor of more restrictions on PC gamers. Little wimpy faggots have the largest gaming library in history and they still find ways to piss and moan. I pray for further restrictions.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
I vote in favor of more restrictions on PC gamers. Little wimpy faggots have the largest gaming library in history and they still find ways to piss and moan. I pray for further restrictions.
Also with the use of emulators it includes almost all of console gaming. :yeah:

The Japanese have found their voice with the ARPG. Far better than the FF tripe that previously defined the JRPG. They're making the natural successors to Diablo, and that's fine. Open world action games with good exploration, tight gameplay, and good art. The iteration of the Dark Souls and now Elden Ring seem to create continuous improvement. Dragon's Dogma, and now DD2 also show they can also do conventional fantasy and not just grimdark surrealism.

The narratives are threadbare and weak where they exist, but that's still preferable to the degenerate and thematic failures of current year WRPGs. JRPGs also tend to be technically proficient and free of bugs. The Asian ARPGs are still primarily games. An object if amusement. The major studios in the West have been producing something else for awhile now.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
On the contrary, it is a necessity to keep GRPG mouthbreathers segregated and away from the prestigious JRPG subforum
I was so blinded by rage, because of the thieving spoiled cunts, that I didn't even consider this viewpoint. You are absolutely right Mpu. We are better. They're stewing in misery while we thrive. Yes, we are the main forum.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Btw the thread ended up here because Infinitron was immediately threatened. He moved the thread seconds after I posted it, out of FEAR!

I will get my Nikki Rhodes avatar god damit.
Realistically you'd get to interact with soulslop topics in some beat em up sub sub thread.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Mmmmmm I smell... butthurt.
Yes that's you. You're butthurt which is why you made this thread, where you impotently demanded everyone submit, on the basis that you like anime.
I'm convinced niggerman is either having or on the verge of a psychotic episode. He's been at this for weeks now.
codex likes to pretend it loves some ugly ancient shit like gothic or morrowind but in reality obsydian subforum has x10 more posts than piranha.
Counter point : Am I more likely to be playing a game I like or discussing it on a forum? Like many things, the majority of people doing something aren't discussing it constantly online. One terminally online faggot can bump threads forever and post every tiny bit of news while a way more popular game is mostly ignored.
Also with the use of emulators it includes almost all of console gaming. :yeah:
And Demon's souls runs better on emulation and had additional cut content. So PC version is superior to all other versions.
The iteration of the Dark Souls and now Elden Ring seem to create continuous improvement
Hard to say From games improve. They have big issues still not fixed in Elden Ring. Virgin's hitting you through walls was a problem in Dark souls 3 with the lizards and they knew this and made those enemies any way.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
On the contrary, it is a necessity to keep GRPG mouthbreathers segregated and away from the prestigious JRPG subforum
I was so blinded by rage, because of the thieving spoiled cunts, that I didn't even consider this viewpoint. You are absolutely right Mpu. We are better. They're stewing in misery while we thrive. Yes, we are the main forum.
This just shows the poverty of your mindset. The fact you feel the need to be better than people who prefer Western RPGs. Most people who prefer CRPGS don't give a shit about JRPGS or the player base.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You got me wrong there.

and in crpg you don't even have super secret final boss. just "left click" or "select all+left click" if it's party based all the way to the end. and if mouthbreathers manage to somehow still struggle with tutorial wolves - they will be nerfed in first patch.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This just shows the poverty of your mindset. The fact you feel the need to be better than people who prefer Western RPGs. Most people who prefer CRPGS don't give a shit about JRPGS or the player base.
Don't speak to me about poverty, faggoid. Go bitch about consoles ruining gaming while stealing shit, nigger. Fuck your whore mom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom