Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Let's hope it was honest. Maybe it was the one who pulled his 5K already once, and decided to come back.
Or he trolls us back and forth to keep us on the edge :roll:

"trollolol"

Kz3r0

Arcane
What's this witchery, Fargo is managing to get funded on a weekend with above average pledges per day too, the social offensive seems to have worked.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Yeah, almost unbelievable it's only 5K left. Brian Fargo is a real magician... gives the game magic touch.

Kz3r0

Arcane
6f6657b2e36f8b3e12260e63be904005_original.jpg

These are always my favorite updates... we did it!

Nearly 30,000 of you have put your belief in us once more, and we are forever grateful. You've heard me wax poetic on the subject of crowdfunding enough, but truly we would not be able to make these games without your support every step of the way. Your social media love you have given over the course of the campaign has been invaluable, and your continued support will let us make The Bard's Tale IV bigger and better than ever.

But for now let's just enjoy the moment of reaching our goal!

The Bard is back!

Brian Fargo
Leader inXile

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"The Bard's Tale IV -- the hardest RPG of the recent years in the making?" wtf is wrong with them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NEW CHEEVOS:

0276269d75d884458dff70db15a84e16_original.jpg

c3af894bb8e5e153a9a22e67201141fe_original.jpg

Room 8 [UNLOCKED]: We will add old-school premium graph paper to physical box tiers at $95 or above. Digital tiers will receive a digital version of the graph paper!

Room 12: We will add actual, REAL Red Boots DLC to The Bard's Tale IV... FREE to all backers $20 or above! Yes, it was a joke back in Wasteland 2, but this time, with your help, the boots really will be red.

:greatjob:

Also Paypal unlocked: https://bardstale.inxile-entertainment.com/kickstarter/paypal.htm

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Story update:

Room 8 Unlocked: This room is knee deep in rusted weapons and human bones, and wading though them is a man in Einarr armor, picking up skulls and jeweled finger bones, then casting them aside. "Which of you is Mangar?” he mutters. “Which of you knows…” Suddenly he cries out and digs deep into the bones, then holds high a silver crown. “Is this the Crown of Mangar? Have I–”

He spots you and gasps, then drops the crown and bolts for the far door. “Hugin! Graef! They found us!”

Impossibly, the crown does not fall when the Einarr lets it go. It hangs in the air and an ethereal form coalesces beneath it, while all around it the bones begin to rattle and rise.

Before you can react, the room is full of skeletons, all hefting ancient swords and spears. Behind them, the wraith hisses and points at you, and they all clatter forward.

It is a desperate battle, but eventually, choking on bone dust and bleeding from rust flecked cuts, you defeat the army of the dead while Anders vanquishes the wraith with a spell of banishment.

There is no treasure chest in this room, but the wraith’s silver crown and the rings on the fingers of the skeletons are ample reward.

Room 9 Unlocked: There is nothing in this room but a door on the far wall, and a hole in the floor the size of a gold coin. Thinking the hole might be the catch for a secret door, Shanko probes it with his dagger. There’s a click and greenish liquid starts to well from the hole.

“Oops.” Shanko pulls his dagger out. The blade dissolves before his eyes. “Uh-oh.”

You flee to the door. There appears no way to move it.

“Open it, Trow!” growls Galli. “You started this. Now get us out of it.

As Shanko starts poking and prodding the door, looking for a lever, the rest of you look uneasily at the ever spreading pool of acid.

Room 10 Unlocked: Just as the acid is lapping at your boot heels, Shanko touches five points on the door one after the other and it slides open. You stumble into the next room and it slams closed behind you. You are in a treasure room beyond the dreams of avarice. Chests full of gold, gems, cups of crystal, and swords with jeweled pommels glitter in every corner of the room.

"Oooh!” says Shanko.

“Stop!” shouts Anders. “All is illusion! Look beyond it.”

His words make you look again, and you see through the shimmer to discover that where the chests stand, there is actually no floor. You look down into the traps. They go down forever.

“Don’t suppose we’re lucky enough that the Einarr fell down those holes,” says Fiona.

Lioslaith points to foot prints on the floor the go through the far door. “They are still ahead of us.”

Room 11 Unlocked: This room is half the height of the others, and has an iron grate for a floor. You hurry across it, afraid that at any moment you will be crushed between them.

That fear becomes panic as the ceiling begins to creak.

This game needs more attention. With everbody goggling Fallout 4 at E3, I wonder how much hope they have in commercial marketing & funding. They made most of their money the first few days, and things have slowed down considerably. :(

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Unbelievable how people shit pants. It's clear, that inXile won't implement a punishing save system. It was also clear that automap will be integrated. Fargo already hinted that in the interviews before the kickstarter. What's up with the people nowadays... they hear an isolated phrase, take it completely out of context, and rage about it.

:facepalm²

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom