Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Terminator: Dark Fate - Defiance - Future Wars Terminator RTS

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
So this turned out decent? I can't get over the fact that it takes place in the "Dark Fate" timeline. How pronounced is this actually in the game?

lightbane

Arcane
Gave it a very quick spin. Seems to work, although I would wait a little until it's patched up as the pathfinding is clearly bad. Also: Terminator dogs!!???

PsihoKekec

Novice
You are going to be waiting for a while I guess, bad pathfinding was already an issue in Warfare and Syrian Warfare, never to be really fixed.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Games seem to have Russian difficulty, even on normal. Get the impression you need to save scum a lot to make any form of progress, which means getting casualties is a big no-no. Too old for that kind of gameplay.

this game is hard, but it is fun. I honestly have no idea how anybody plays on the hard level and completes it. Congratulation, maybe I will get there, but I can't be re-loading that much...lol

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
this game is hard, but it is fun. I honestly have no idea how anybody plays on the hard level and completes it. Congratulation, maybe I will get there, but I can't be re-loading that much...lol
I will be more amazed if someone completes this ironman without loosing their mind.

REhorror

Educated
So this turned out decent? I can't get over the fact that it takes place in the "Dark Fate" timeline. How pronounced is this actually in the game?
Eh, just substitute anything Skynet with Legion.
And the termies look a bit different.
If anything, the game takes more from Terminator Salvation with all the alum termies, termie-dogs and drones.

Considering there's also ANOTHER Terminator game in the work in the classic timeline, I wonder why Slytherine hasn't gone with the classic, maybe it's a copyright issue?

PanteraNera

Arcane
I can't get over the fact that it takes place in the "Dark Fate" timeline. How pronounced is this actually in the game?
I finished the campaign and it isn't pronounced at all. The only real connection is in the last two to three missions, regarding the hybrid tech, augmenting humans.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Games seem to have Russian difficulty, even on normal. Get the impression you need to save scum a lot to make any form of progress, which means getting casualties is a big no-no. Too old for that kind of gameplay.
It does have a step learning curve.

I restarted my first run when I had finished the first half of the game, mainly because of a script failing which didn't gave me a (for me critical unit) in one of the earlier missions.

By the time I finished the game, I learned so much that I wanted to restart right away, but didn't as I learned that they have planned DLC's that add to the main campaign.

Also they are re-balancing the supplies system because of all the cry babies on steam.
To be fair, if you do not know how to, supplies can be though!
But if you know how to, you can end up like me with 5 Abraham's, 8 Bradley's and 5 self-propelled howitzer

Even if you barely manage to survive, usually you have enough resources to hire new units & get more units in the next mission to keep going.
But having veteran units does make it a lot easier!

PanteraNera

Arcane
Must be the Integrators right?
No.

The last mission is to destroy a Legion factory that is specialized on augmenting humans, your superior wants the tech for the Founder's. In the movie, Grace was a augmented human.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Technically, the guy from the Terminator Salvation was also that right, or was he a prototype?
No Marcus was something else, he was a hybrid, a Terminator with human organs, most notably his heart and brain besides others.

Grace is a soldier sent back from the future to protect, uhm ... that mexican chick, that will be the John Connor of the Legion timeline.
Grace is a human enhanced with Legion technology, she has a energy core, some form of under-skin-armor, she is quicker and stronger than a human, but still is a human that is "only" enhanced.

After I finished the game I rewatched all Terminator movies, that is how I know.

Anyway, the Integrators got some 'eavy 40K Tech Priest style.
Integrators weren't part of the movie, as wasn't the Cartel, Movers & Founder's.

I think besides the Terminator being called Legion and the mission about human augmentation there actually is no real connection to the movie. Also there were no Terminator dogs in Dark Fate, nor other units seen in the game I do not want to spoil. They even do not have the Rev-9 which is featured in the Future Wars of Dark Fate.

I wonder if they have chosen the Legion timeline for more creative freedom.

REhorror

Educated
Technically, the guy from the Terminator Salvation was also that right, or was he a prototype?
No Marcus was something else, he was a hybrid, a Terminator with human organs, most notably his heart and brain besides others.

Grace is a soldier sent back from the future to protect, uhm ... that mexican chick, that will be the John Connor of the Legion timeline.
Grace is a human enhanced with Legion technology, she has a energy core, some form of under-skin-armor, she is quicker and stronger than a human, but still is a human that is "only" enhanced.

After I finished the game I rewatched all Terminator movies, that is how I know.

Anyway, the Integrators got some 'eavy 40K Tech Priest style.
Integrators weren't part of the movie, as wasn't the Cartel, Movers & Founder's.

I think besides the Terminator being called Legion and the mission about human augmentation there actually is no real connection to the movie. Also there were no Terminator dogs in Dark Fate, nor other units seen in the game I do not want to spoil. They even do not have the Rev-9 which is featured in the Future Wars of Dark Fate.

I wonder if they have chosen the Legion timeline for more creative freedom.
Yeah I know, I said that the game take mores from Terminator Salvation (which I deem good enough for a Termie movie, that movie was underrated).
But anyway, it's not a deal-breaker to me, I think Cats Who Play make the future wars in Termie-verse even more interesting with all the new factions.

PanteraNera

Arcane
I said that the game take mores from Terminator Salvation
As I just rewatched it I have no idea why you think so.

The movie added a bunch of (in my eyes crap), like the Hydro-Bot and the Moto-Terminator, also that Harvester that to me felt like something straight out of Transformers. There was the T-600 which was okay. And of course the T-H, the Hybrid (Marcus).
None of these are units in the game.

REhorror

Educated
I said that the game take mores from Terminator Salvation
As I just rewatched it I have no idea why you think so.

The movie added a bunch of (in my eyes crap), like the Hydro-Bot and the Moto-Terminator, also that Harvester that to me felt like something straight out of Transformers. There was the T-600 which was okay. And of course the T-H, the Hybrid (Marcus).
None of these are units in the game.
There was the Termie dogs no? Or that was the Termie-bikes?

I can't tell the difference, but I am not some sort of Terminator Lore nut. Of course I know Sky Net etc, but the game seems like its in the same ol' universe as the original Terminator Movies really...

REhorror

Educated
Getting back to this, I'm getting my ass kicked in the Santa Fe mission, maybe I should bring along ATGM soldiers everywhere I go.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Plus add ATGM launchers on all Bradley´s if you dont have them already - makes them 100% more effective.

REhorror

Educated
Actually I think I'm gonna replay the Santa Fe mission now I realize both the Rangers and Technican can lay mine.

REhorror

Educated
Just past the Novo Tortuga mission.
y8SJexD.jpeg

Man, I can't imagine playing this game Ironman on Realistic, I savescum like a bum.

On Realistic, I think infantries are actually the secret MVP because they are strong and can be replaced unlike the tanks (manpower is dirt cheap).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom