Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Team Ninja's Rise of the Ronin

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
No PC no interest. Not even watching the trailer.
Same. I was hyped then saw Playstation exclusive. Hard pass. I ain't buying a new console to play one game when I already have an expensive PC at home that can play games and do other things.

Jinn

Arcane
Probably because an open-world action RPG in this setting with Nioh-style combat and Team Ninja's overall design sensibilities sounds fucking amazing.

ADL

Prophet
I'm fine with the "exclusivity" if it's anything like the Nioh games. When we eventually got them, they came at a discount with all the DLC and were incredibly polished PC ports.

Suicidal

Arcane
On one hand, it's Team Ninja and they've been doing good recently. On the other hand, looks like an open world Ubisoft-like + PS exclusive, even if temporary. Not terribly excited, but maybe it will be good/decent.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pinch of salt, and all that.
Link to rumor.
-Game is a mix of Assassin’s Creed, Ghost of Tsushima, and Dark Souls

-Many item descriptions are used to make the lore bigger and better (E.G: "(...)It was produced in the craftsmanship style associated with a renowned blacksmith named Okisato Nagasone, who lived in Musashi during the 17th century and was also known as Kotetsu.(...)")

-Numerous side-quests that are more like Ubisoft side-quest designs

-Difficulty options

-Skill and technique trees

-Performance and quality modes (trying to improve fidelity before launch)

-Planned romance options

-Planned Q1 2024

1688415897130.png
1688416183126.png
1688416196873.png

Jinn

Arcane
Will probably be good as long as they don't lean too hard into that Ubishit influence. My confidence in Team Ninja has been somewhat shaken by Wo Long, however, so I don't know anymore.

cruel

Cipher
All of this looks like huge decline, if true. Difficulty options, mission level, Ubisoft-like quest design, seriously? I can't believe there are any companies who look at Ubisoft for any rules on game design. It seems they are hoping for big $$$ by making the game more accessible, unfortunately.

What's even worse, the leak looks pretty realistic. Team Ninja likes to release all their games in Q1 (Nioh, Nioh 2, Wo Long), and I wouldn't be surprised if menu / map looked just like they were presented.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
grafix look last gen which I take as a promising sign that theyve focused on gameplay

Suicidal

Arcane
I think that combat against humans is where Nioh's mechanics truly shine, unfortunately the devs put the least amount of effort into designing human enemies in the games - little variety, human bosses are very easily cheesed, etc. So a game with Nioh-like combat that focuses on fighting humans could be very fun. Open world is a huge red flag however and it's PS5 exclusive at least temporarily, so I'll just wait and see.

cruel

Cipher
D1P as usual for me with all Team Ninja games. They disappointed me a little bit with Wo Long, but will give them another chance. What worries me is that I smell some 'popamole' vibes from this one, let's hope I'm wrong.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
These guys are never gonna make another Ninja Gaiden game.

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom