Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tamriel Rebuilt keeps chugging along

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
If they get that far, and their current philosophy to meddle in completed content takes it's natural course, then they'll decide to add Dres and Indoril cantons to Vivec. There is no concept art cementing the number of cantons, only the paper map, and its only the concept art that really directs the mod.

dreughjiggers

Maidenhaver
So this mod now truly became the biggest waste of time in the modding community of any game.
Just think, it would've taken less than half of this time to remake Morrowind in proper scale instead.
What's it like to live in a world where you need to constantly bitch about things you only have an outsider's perspective over? If you aren't happy with it, play something else.

Gerrard

Arcane
So this mod now truly became the biggest waste of time in the modding community of any game.
Just think, it would've taken less than half of this time to remake Morrowind in proper scale instead.
What's it like to live in a world where you need to constantly bitch about things you only have an outsider's perspective over? If you aren't happy with it, play something else.
So which one of those trannies are you?

Tenebris

Scholar
Jokes aside I really don't think they'll go that crazy with remaking zones. I've only seen a couple members wanting to redo areas and unless they somehow get more support it's not happening. The amount of infighting I've seen in the faction discussion does worry me a bit though. I don't know why some members are so obessed with having the Mage's Guild everywhere.

hello friend

Arcane
Frankly what's the point of recreating exactly the same gameworld in another engine? They're doing the same boring Oblivionic Cyrodiil whereas they could have tried to implement more interesting stuff. These imperial cult chapels still look like standard european churches, and not very impressive ones at that.

Not even doing the jungle thing. Cyrodiil could have been so cool.

None

Scholar
Some news on the upcoming update. Click the title for the rest.

Andaram Expansion Teaser

Submitted by Sultan of Rum on Mon, 2023-05-01 07:20
Banner image
Tamriel Rebuilt is a massive community mod that adds the mainland of the Morrowind province to TES III: Morrowind. The mod is released as a series of fully-realized expansions that players can already enjoy – the currently released lands contain roughly half of the mainland, thousands of interior locations and NPCs, and several hundred quests.

Only a couple months after our last major content expansion, we are making rapid progress on finalizing the next one, tentatively called Andaram (previously referred to as Hlan Oek). Now is high time to give you a teaser preview of what we have in store for it. This upcoming expansion will, predictably, centre around Lake Andaram, just south of the Aanthirin region in central Morrowind. The two main centers of interest in Andaram will be the sleazy Hlaalu port town of Hlan Oek, and the updated and expanded Temple fortress of Almas Thirr.

Also, with it being the first of May, the Modathon started with plenty of releases already. Check out the nexus if that sort of thing interests you.

None

Scholar
tranny mod don't care
News update for your favorite tranny mod:

July 2023 Progress Update

Banner image
This post will cover most of what the implementation team – that is, exterior and interior level designers and quest developers – has been doing in the past nine months (asset development has a separate progress report). For a Too Long; Didn’t Read edition:

• release of Dominions of Dust and Embers of Empire expansions (duh)
  • completion of more than a hundred new quests for the Andaram expansion
  • a major expansion and update to Almas Thirr’s exterior, interiors, and quests
  • interior work on the Narsis expansion is close to conclusion, and the first quests are now being worked on
  • several exterior claims of the new Sundered Scar and all the interiors of the remade town of Darvonis are now finished
  • the first exteriors for the Othreleth Woods expansions are finished, and interior development has begun
  • the Tamriel Rebuilt version of the island of Firemoth is very close to being finalized, and a few new islands have been created on the fringes of Morrowind
Read on for a more detailed breakdown of this progress, divided between the different expansions which we mean to release in succession.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Loving the Thieves Guild quest line in Old Ebonheart. It's giving me the same feeling as in 2005 when the Thieves vs Fighters Guild rivalry in vanilla was still fresh and new for me. Only now with much more dynamic quests. Things like infiltrating a party are very well executed. There are multiple solutions. You have to think, but it's not insanely difficult. You can do it at any level, within reason: if you don't have the skills, you'll need to compensate with your brain, or vice-versa. It's the kind of quest line where it's actually useful to be a high Personality agent type, preferably with good thieving skills. Either that, or git gud at Alteration and Illusion.

It seems there is an evil path as well, but I didn't try it this time, since the leader of the evil gang seems to be the kind of bad guy who will just betray you anyway, like Sjoring in vanilla. But maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I gave him his comeuppance in the most poetic way possible. I like how the quest line often gives you different means of entering and exiting places. A Thieves Guild job just feels much better when you can escape through the roof if you don't have Mysticism developed and don't have any teleportation scrolls handy.

I think it's already 2018 content, but I never played it before. Even if I played a rogue-style character, I just never got to this content. But it's a great example of the direction of TR in recent years. Medium Armor is shit? Bam, here's a whole bunch of Medium Armor. Thief/Agent class characters are useless? Bam, here's a whole quest line for the Thieves Guild where you need to be good at either thieving or schmoozing (or buy a lifetime supply of Telvanni Bug Musk to get your foot in the door, I guess).

thesecret1

Arcane
Devs set internal deadline to push out the new update in 2 months. Will feature the new landmass, but also lots of content for older areas, primarily the ones from "new TR", but even a couple from old TR. Seems they used the fact that the new landmass is relatively small to clean the kettle on stuff that's been stinking up the backlog.

deuxhero

Arcane
My understanding is that a large chunk of new content was stuff that didn't quite make the last release and the reason this release is only a year later (and so small) was to get all it out so they could clean up and focus on Necrom Narsis, one of the largest cities in Tamriel.

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
My understanding is that a large chunk of new content was stuff that didn't quite make the last release and the reason this release is only a year later (and so small) was to get all it out so they could clean up and focus on Necrom, one of the largest cities in Tamriel.
Not Necrom, Narsis. Perhaps more important than the size of the city is the size of the landmass they plan to release though – it's as big as the Dominions of Dust. As for the old stuff, the main work was on expanding and redesigning Almas Thirr, something they've wanted to do since 2019. Finishing stuff that didn't make it into DoD was more of a bonus and wasn't where bulk of the effort went.

thesecret1

Arcane
teaser_2.png

Andaram expansion is coming October 31st (unless they miss deadlines, etc. but it's scheduled to then, at least)

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What is your guys opinion on COHESION in TR? Any places that jump out in a bad way?

So many different people worked on this for so many decades, it must be hard to keep everything on the same vibe

thesecret1

Arcane
What is your guys opinion on COHESION in TR? Any places that jump out in a bad way?

So many different people worked on this for so many decades, it must be hard to keep everything on the same vibe
Anything east of Aanthirin (region where old Ebonheart is) is old TR and subject to a future remake. Old TR is also not maintained beyond making sure it runs, and will thus feel very different from new TR

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom