Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn - remaster based on 2010 release

Repressed Homosexual
People's voices have no relationship to their personalities and dub actors are chosen essentially at random from an extremely small pool of union actors. Believing this to be some sort of ideological decision based on the date is insane.

Voice acting is a marginal activity in the anglosphere because most of the content people want to see is already in English, and it shows in the quality of the voice actors you get.

In France for instance voice actor is a huge and well-respected position because they dub almost everything. Your voice actor in French can have decades of experience and have taken part in hundreds of TV shows and Hollywood movies.

The guy who moonlights by voicing some anime and video games and who doesn't really like it because he's not well paid will never even come close.

S.torch

Arbiter
People's voices have no relationship to their personalities and dub actors are chosen essentially at random from an extremely small pool of union actors. Believing this to be some sort of ideological decision based on the date is insane.

I was talking about seiyus.

A mediocre English dub isn't surprising. This is Square Enix we're talking about. How do they treat their flagship franchise? By churning out dozens and dozens of crappy ports that require fans to create fix patches, and so-called "remasters" that botch the aesthetics of what were once beautiful games.

Ent

Savant
The new Pincer skill seems really strong. Having a heavy weapon unit flank an enemy and setting up for multiple out of turn attacks is a nice new niche for melees.

deuxhero

Arcane
New Star Ocean was hit by Square Enix's "ethics department" (removed at least a skinship scene), so they're still at it. Any bets on what's going to be removed from this?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Not gonna lie, pretty stoked for this. Playing this with life improvements like mouse support is gonna be a blast.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
Looks like the embargo was lifted should be getting some more info past chap 1 one now.

Thorakitai

Learned
New Star Ocean was hit by Square Enix's "ethics department" (removed at least a skinship scene), so they're still at it. Any bets on what's going to be removed from this?
In the psp version, they decided to soften Cerya's death scene in the Law path where Oz gives to her to his Dark Knight troops to be used as a sex slave and killed while she begs them to stop. Instead, she defiantly tells them to try and the game implies she fought to the death instead.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
I have a feeling that the embargo may have been an old date. None of the content creators that got early access release anything and not even Famitsu has anything out yet.

Amurada

Educated
Smudge filter is beyond aggravating, especially when the mobile release of FFT enhanced the sprites -- not to my liking, but better than leaving them raw; or worse, smearing them. The issue is made even worse considering that the rest of the visuals look great. Even the environments look significantly enhanced. It would have been a lot of work, but hand drawn units (in the style of FFT:WotL's cutscenes) would have been a much better fit.

Whatever, all this means is the PC version is the definitive edition, as always.

manifest

Educated
As my dear, beloved, now departed grandpappy used to tell me, it takes all sorts in this world of ours. The ken of another lies beyond the threshold of my own, and it is neither my part nor duty to dictate its formation. As for myself, I'll take my sprites pre-op.
image.png

image.png

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'll take blurry over pixelated any day. I wonder how much of the bitching is because of nostalgia. I doubt any of the people complaining about the new spites complain about how much AA blurs everything in any other game they play. I bet they never turn it off either.

S.torch

Arbiter
I doubt any of the people complaining about the new spites complain about how much AA blurs everything in any other game they play.

Stop talking to the strawman in your head, brainlet.

Most popular games in 2D don't have blur. Obvious examples of 2D games but no-pixel art are: Hollow Knight and Cuphead.
Examples on Pixel-Art: Stardew Valley, Undertale, Blasphemous. All with no blur and highly praised.

The only people who think blur looks good are brainlets like you and the dinosaurs on nu-Square.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom