Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Screen looks like them 1c/akella rpgs- Hard to be a god, way of the cossack etc. somehow.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Atomboy How many genders, my friend? How. Many? I hope you haven't gone insane. Literally almost every other RPG Developer has. I'll have to make my own RPGs so I could play something new at this pace of mindvirus' spread. My character type sees what body types in place of sex selection exactly is. WOKE! ZEIG HEIL

German for: sucking cock of Ideology. Ideology that hates you even while you're on your knees

ArchAngel

Arcane
Atomboy How many genders, my friend? How. Many? I hope you haven't gone insane. Literally almost every other RPG Developer has. I'll have to make my own RPGs so I could play something new at this pace of mindvirus' spread. My character type sees what body types in place of sex selection exactly is. WOKE! ZEIG HEIL

German for: sucking cock of Ideology. Ideology that hates you even while you're on your knees
Unfortunately gaming is lagging behind films and tv due to more cucks not wanting to boycott things. Probably also because more younger people in gaming that do not care about woke shit being pushed on all of us.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Hello, friends!

It's been a while, hasn't it? But here we are, with a brand new screenshot from our current project! What do you think is happening here?
At the moment, the demo is 80% done, so we'll be sharing more news here soon.

Please help us promote the game by liking and sharing this post! It might seem like a small thing to do, but it would mean the world to us and would help much more than you think!

Keep on rockin'
Yours truly,
Atom Team
4hI5eLn.jpg

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Greetings! I'm back to answer in bulk!

This cover is awesome. Runic writing, three coat of arms, and the hawk looks cool (dog looks too derpy, reminds me of me). Looking forward to the game!
Thanks dude!
Screen looks like them 1c/akella rpgs- Hard to be a god, way of the cossack etc. somehow.
I like the comparisson, though I'm not sure whether it will be accurate in the end.
of course its slavshit...
you have a saber, an often mongol-associated falcon, a knights sword, pes patron, moon runes straight out of Повість временних літ

https://i.imgur.com/6t8rAOH.png
Did it really have moon runes though? The arsenal will be a bit more robust, I can promise that, I'm making it kind of!
of course its slavshit...
you have a saber, an often mongol-associated falcon, a knights sword, pes patron, moon runes straight out of Повість временних літ

https://i.imgur.com/6t8rAOH.png
Wtf is this pic even?
It looks to be a landmine.

You can chose one of two Sexes in the game.
Hello, friends!

It's been a while, hasn't it? But here we are, with a brand new screenshot from our current project! What do you think is happening here?

Please help us promote the game by liking and sharing this post! It might seem like a small thing to do, but it would mean the world to us and would help much more than you think!

Keep on rockin'
Yours truly,
Atom Team
4hI5eLn.jpg
And thank you for the repost! Love the look of it outside the editor, everything has shaders on.

Well that's it for now, can't wait for you guys to check out the demo I guess. It will be several hours long if testing data is a proper metric.

PlayerEmers

Novice
Hello, friends!

Keep on rockin'
Yours truly,
Atom Team
4hI5eLn.jpg
i hope they make some changes to the rendering
make it look less "default Unity settings"

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Well that's it for now, can't wait for you guys to check out the demo I guess
Any idea when that's coming?
Well that's it for now, can't wait for you guys to check out the demo I guess
Any idea when that's coming?
Soon™
Well I think I can safely say that a demo with several hours of content will be up in a few months time. We'll keep everyone posted till then. For example here's the hammer I test combat with.
1701825642457.png

is it related to the game's lore? Not really. Is it a nod towards and even later pig-centric project? Also no.
Hello, friends!

Keep on rockin'
Yours truly,
Atom Team
4hI5eLn.jpg
Depends on what fancy settings you'll be able to turn on! We're going to add a few of those new ones young people tend to enjoy.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Hello, friends!

Keep on rockin'
Yours truly,
Atom Team
4hI5eLn.jpg
Bestiality confirmed?

PlayerEmers

Novice
Depends on what fancy settings you'll be able to turn on! We're going to add a few of those new ones young people tend to enjoy.
Its less about adding all the latest fancy lightning and rendering techniques that zoomers seem to enjoy just for the sake of adding them all and more about fine tuning everything to make the game aesthetics feels just right and less of the samey look compared to your average Unity game.

You know that feeling when you are scoping for new indie games and in 90% of the cases (mostly 3d games) you can almost tell they are using unity or unreal? Thats what im talking about... Most indie/amateur devs usually never mess around with rendering/shaders nor they try to make uniform looking assets that make the game aesthetics feel cohesive.
I can't quite explain the "Unity look" but the "Unreal look" is quite easy to spot with those blurry ass plastic looking assets

When I played Atom a while ago, I remember thinking the same thing. I really liked the game but the visuals definitely had the Unity feel on them (Trudograd is on my backlog to play, but from the screenshots I can tell there is not much difference from Atom).
If the gameplay is good, this "problem" does not matter much. But it feels like wasted potential when devs overlook the aesthetics that could enhace their vision of the game... the so called "soul" some people talk about.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
biggest no-no for me when it comes to no magic is lack of enemy variety. Foreseeing lots of stupidly aggressive animals where it makes no sense.

Also, all combat sums up to choosing between "whack quick" and "whack hard". Yawn.

Assuming it's TB like Atom and not some action roll-playing soulslike.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom