Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Storm of Zehir first impressions

fastpunk

Arbiter
Black said:
So, can you do with the giant floating skull/demilich downstairs in that tower?

You can't initiate combat with it but since it's encased in the same type of portal as the one from the Zecorian's room, I'm guessing the skull is some sort of camera. The Zecorian was probably watching you through it.

felicity

Scholar
Atari/Obsidian should develop a new title and stop raping the NWN title. Aurora engine focus on modability for end-users and multiplayer, it sacrifices optimization to arhieve this goal. If they want to make BG2 Lite or IWD Lite, instead of hacking the NWN engine which is not designed for squad-control, they should instead adopt a new engine that is designed for it. NWN2 engine is horrible btw, graphics are too ugly if you zoom in, excessively detailed hence too wasteful on resources if you zoom out which players will be doing most of the time. I suggest them to fix the NWN2 toolset, clients, functionality and multiplayer which were the promise of NWN title, instead of releasing half arse SP module.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Just got to the Sword Coast.
I get the impression the game and trading stuff improves a lot at this point. Better be true, because I'm definitely not impressed so far. Some nice ideas, but poor implementation, and I've yet to see more than one or two skill options in dialogue that aren't given the same stock response the normal choices would give.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Admiral jimbob said:
I get the impression the game and trading stuff improves a lot at this point.

Well, unfortunately, trading is actually underdeveloped as hell all the time.

Tekar

Novice
janjetina said:
Casting broken Bigby spells (6th and 7th level ones) on the vampires with a wizard/sorcerer and "healing" the immobile vampires with a cleric is also quite helpful in that encounter.
Yup, that's how I solved it, the two vampires didn't get up for the entire fight. I just kind of ignored the Mind Flayer while I was beating up the knocked down vampires. Once they were dead (after a couple of heal spells) I went all in on the Mind Flayer. My Favoured Soul (the NPC) was very useful with heals, resurrections and raise deaths. I just walked out of the Storm of Vengeance AOE once it was cast so that wasn't really a problem.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Where do I get the Cleric cohort? I neglected making one in chargen, and none of my group is really suitable for multiclassing (though I rarely ever multiclass out of fear of fucking my build over) - Swashbuckler, Barbarian, Sorcerer and Ranger. I've been healing with the Druid companion, but... yeah.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
felicity said:
Atari/Obsidian should develop a new title and stop raping the NWN title.
Nigga please. NWN franchise was just condensed shit in disc format before Obsidian made a decent game, a great game and a decent game out of it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
SOZ is sucky. Don't insult NWN2 OC, or MOTB by calling it decent. Moron.

Arcanoix

Scholar
NWN - Sucked.
NWN: SoU - Sucked.
NWN: HoTU - Meh, toolset-wise good, story-wise bad.
NWN2 - Sucked.
NWN2: MoTB - Good.
NWN2: SoZ - Sucked.

Out of every single bit of the franchise, MoTB has been the only good release. End Discussion.

Arcanoix

Scholar
janjetina said:
Multiplayer games are for LARP MMOrons. Please go back to playing WOW.

If you think there is roleplaying in WoW, please stop tainting the amazing image of TNO and change your avatar to the penis flower. Thanks.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Arcanoix said:
janjetina said:
Multiplayer games are for LARP MMOrons. Please go back to playing WOW.

If you think there is roleplaying in WoW, please stop tainting the amazing image of TNO and change your avatar to the penis flower. Thanks.

If I thought there was roleplaying in WoW, and if I knew what a penis flower was, I'd do that. However, I don't and that means that you have failed a reading comprehension check. Does it make you proud?
I'll repeat it slowly and refrain from using the big words, so that even you can understand: words "multiplayer" and "cRPG" are mutually exclusive.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"NWN - Sucked.
NWN2 - Sucked.

Out of every single bit of the franchise, MoTB has been the only good release. End Discussion."

No. Out of 6 releases, SOZ is the only SOZZY one that isn't even worth playing.

NWN OC - Solid/Average
SOU - Average/Passable
HOTU - Good
NWN2 OC - Solid/Average
MOTB - Good/Great
SOZ - SOZZY SOZZY SOZZY SHITTY SHITTY SHITTY unplayable sozzy shit

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Volourn said:
"NWN - Sucked.
NWN2 - Sucked.

Out of every single bit of the franchise, MoTB has been the only good release. End Discussion."

No. Out of 6 releases, SOZ is the only SOZZY one that isn't even worth playing.

NWN OC - Solid/Average
SOU - Average/Passable
HOTU - Good
NWN2 OC - Solid/Average
MOTB - Good/Great
SOZ - SOZZY SOZZY SOZZY SHITTY SHITTY SHITTY unplayable sozzy shit

You only liked MotB because of Gann, you emo-child. He epitomizes everything you want to be. Come on.......... admit it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Gann is my least favorite joinable in MOTB. Still solid character compared to SOZZY crap.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I got it the other day, and it's the most lifeless, small game I've ever played. Characters have no personality, choices have no real consequences, dungeons are 1-4 rooms and 1-2 encounters, and it just feels so small. HOWEVER, the tiny amount of content there is is done well, and I want to finish the game, unlike NWN2 OC where I couldn't take the repetitiveness any longer. MotB>NWN1+Expansions (all about the same quality)>NWN2 SoZ>NWN2 OC.

Annie Carlson must have given Darth Roxor a blowjob and literally shit all over Volourn, because it's nowhere near as good as DR says and nowhere near as bad as Volourn says. Just OK.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
That's true. It's even worse than I claimed. I'm being linient because I'm a NWN/D&D whore.

made

Arcane
This is fun. Let me try, too:

MOTB >>>>> HOTU (which was fun only because Drow and demons are awesome) > NWN OC, NWN 2 OC (both meh) > SOZ (haven't played much, but from what I've seen it's really uninteresting) > SOU (fucking boring pos)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom