Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stellar Blade - Korean mix of DMC/Nier Automata with hot model ass out  on April 26

Tehdagah

Arcane
QiCBN9T.png

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Come on, we all know it's going to be shit, but we know it's our duty to support any games hated by feminists. I bet this is a secret plot by feminists to drain the wallets of patriarchal males.

Gerrard

Arcane
Come on, we all know it's going to be shit, but we know it's our duty to support any games hated by feminists. I bet this is a secret plot by feminists to drain the wallets of patriarchal males.
I hate coomerbait trash with no substance and general woke shit in equal amounts.
Both target audiences are insufferable.

Spike

Educated
I hate coomerbait trash with no substance and general woke shit in equal amounts.
Both target audiences are insufferable.
Based but this game's combat actually has me keeping an eye on it. It is not gross to look at purdy wiminz but it certainly can be unchaste. :smug:

Shift Up is pretty good in regards to fanservice in their games, and this is zero exception. Also, South Korean feminists are a death cult who brag about raping male babies and wanting them castrated for being male, so fuck that trash.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik

Stellar Blade director talks costume count, game flow, more

Eve has about 20 to 30 costumes.

Sal Romano

Feb 5 2024 / 1:37 PM EST

SHIFT UP CEO and Stellar Blade director Kim Hyung Tae shared new information on the PlayStation 5-exclusive action RPG in a new interview with Famitsu, including details on the game’s flow and costume count.

Get the details below.

Regarding Platform Choice
Kim Hyung Tae, SHIFT UP CEO and Stellar Blade Director:
“I felt that I wanted to release a high-quality game on a single platform. And so when it came to deciding on which platform, I determined PlayStation 5 would deliver the most optimal gameplay experience.”

Dongi Lee, Technical Director: “By utilizing the fast loading of the SSD and the adaptive triggers of the DualSense, we’re aiming to increase the player’s sense of immersion.”
Kim: “I loved video games even before the emergence of PlayStation, but I didn’t have much money at that time… It was only when PlayStation launched that I really started playing games. So PlayStation played a large part in shaping my personal values about games.”

Regarding NieR: Automata Influences
Kim:
“Yes. NieR: Automata was a huge driving force behind me working on this project. It made me realize once again that I wanted to make a game like Stellar Blade.
“Also, as a fan, God of War is really just my favorite game. It taught me that you can experience a vast world without being completely open-world.
“I’ve also gotten inspiration from a lot of other titles like Bayonetta, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.”

Regarding the Action
Kim:
“When it came to the action, we started with the idea that ‘we want to express everything a female character can do while wielding a sword.’ We also want to make it fun with speedy and flashy movements. But we didn’t want one-sided battles in which the player simply spams skills, so we created a balance where the enemy’s movements must be carefully assessed.

“In the beginning, you will mainly be using combos to defeat enemies. But as you progress, other gameplay mechanics will appear, like responding to enemy attacks with actions such as a perfect parry or perfect evasion.

“In the latter half, we introduce organic interactions where the player fights using skills and energy acquired thus far. So I think it’s a type of action game with a robust sense of strategic enjoyment.

“On top of that, there are some pleasant and exhilarating actions, as well as original actions that differ per monster for the player to experience.”

Regarding the Game Flow
Kim:
“Various factors will contribute to the protagonist’s development. Some sections of the game are progressed in a linear fashion, but once you come across villages inhabited by people, it feels like a semi-open world, allowing you to move around freely to an extent.

“Beyond that, the game progresses again with linear gameplay, to another semi-open world part, and so on. It’s all seamless, so there aren’t any unnatural interruptions to your gameplay experience.”

Kim also confirmed it is not a stage-based game, and Lee confirmed that it is a single-player game.

Regarding the Character Design
Kim:
“I aimed for an evolution that reflected the design style that I’ve built up so far, while also not deviating too much from the worldview of Stellar Blade. I also wanted to intentionally create a sense of discomfort by having Eve, a character who arrives in a post-apocalyptic world, feel a little out of place.”

Regarding the Worldview
Kim:
“It’s the distant future where the concept of ‘years’ that we live in now has long been lost. That’s not to say all traces of the past are completely gone, but rather the world is culturally connected.”

Regarding Eve’s Costumes
Kim:
“As you progress through the game, you may obtain materials or design documents for costumes. There are also costumes that can be purchased in the village, allowing Eve to acquire and change between a variety of different outfits.

“Costumes have no close connection to the story, but were included as an element that aims to bring out out the character’s charm. Eve has about 20 to 30 costumes. Like Eve, costumes for (her companions) Adam and Lily are also being prepared. There are some rare costumes as well, so I hope players look forward to them.”

Stellar Blade is due out for PlayStation 5 on April 26. If you missed it, watch the latest trailer here.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You have to wonder at the current state of the west that they call this character (based on a real life Korean woman) gross and unrealistically proportioned...but I bet they had no problem with BG3 bear anus. And all the fuglies out there. I mean FFS look at Harley Quinn in that pile of crap game Suicide Squad Kills The Justice League.

I'd probably buy this on PC just to piss 'em off.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Just heard about this today. Preordered the deluxe edition and will probably preorder a physical copy as well. AAA game with great ass and tits? Oh yes! Stellar Blade makes my meat blade feel stellar.

Ezekiel

Arcane

I don't like the anime look of this game. I know what I'm talking about. There's the generic hand-drawn anime look and the generic video game anime look. This game has the video game anime look, where people look like dolls. The model in that behind-the-scenes Twitter post looks more appealing to me. It's not even that it's stylized and Japanese. I mean, the women of Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry look fine to me, except for stupid clothing sometimes. Yakuza's seem fine, although I never played the games. But games like Stellar Blade, Dead or Alive and largely modern Final Fantasy polish up all the facial features too much and make everyone blander and more artificial. Their faces have no... character.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Which imitates VG-anime shit like Dead or Alive and modern Final Fantasy.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
If it wasn't for Dragon's Dogma 2 this would be GOTY without a doubt. Ain't no shame in finishing 2nd though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom