Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Stellar Blade - Korean mix of DMC/Nier Automata with hot model ass out  on April 26

Spike

Educated
If it wasn't for Dragon's Dogma 2 this would be GOTY without a doubt. Ain't no shame in finishing 2nd though.
Forgetting about Rise of Ronin. And possibly Granblue Fantasy Relink. And Shadow of the Nerdtree.
EDIT: And Black Myth: Wukong if that releases. And Passageway of the Ancients. But no shame in 7th!
EDIT: Also Ys X. Man, actually a good amount of real video games this year.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
If it wasn't for Dragon's Dogma 2 this would be GOTY without a doubt. Ain't no shame in finishing 2nd though.
Forgetting about Rise of Ronin. And possibly Granblue Fantasy Relink. And Shadow of the Nerdtree.
EDIT: And Black Myth: Wukong if that releases. And Passageway of the Ancients. But no shame in 7th!
The only thing Team Ninja has going for them lately is they're the best at ripping off FromSoftware. Wo Long was massive decline compared to the Nioh games (so I've heard from fans. I only played the demo and I didn't like it) so hype for Rise of the Ronin is wavering. And the dumbfucks decided to release it on the day of DD2.

Obviously I'm going to buy the Elden Ring expansion at some point.

Granblue is a game I would have been into if it didn't have the faggy anime shit. I'm sorry but that's a massive turn off. I haven't heard of the other games. Feel free to edumacate me on them and maybe I will find something I like.

Spike

Educated
The only thing Team Ninja has going for them lately is they're the best at ripping off FromSoftware. Wo Long was massive decline compared to the Nioh games (so I've heard from fans. I only played the demo and I didn't like it) so hype for Rise of the Ronin is wavering. And the dumbfucks decided to release it on the day of DD2.

Granblue is a game I would have been into if it didn't have the faggy anime shit. I'm sorry but that's a massive turn off. I haven't heard of the other games. Feel free to edumacate me on them and maybe I will find something I like.
Shadow of the Erdtree is the Elden Ring DLC/expansion. I was being cheeky. It isn't a full game but it will probably be as long as one.

Black Myth is chinese dark souls. Looks good despite the first part of that phrase, look up some gameuprae.

Passageway of the Ancients is an isometric RPG a la Baldur's Gate I/II with similar art style made by a 70-year-old man. It looks awesome.

Ys X is the tenth mainline entry in a long, classic action JRPG series from Falcom dating back to the 1980s. The originals were some of the first action rpgs ever, actually.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Black Myth is chinese dark souls.

Another Souls ripoff. Thank you, just let me mark that down on my list of games to never play.

Passageway of the Ancients is an isometric RPG a la Baldur's Gate I/II with similar art style made by a 70-year-old man. It looks awesome.
That's badass as fuck. I don't imagine myself doing anything at 70 except eating through a straw.

Ys X is the tenth mainline entry in a long, classic action JRPG series from Falcom dating back to the 1980s. The originals were some of the first action rpgs ever, actually.
It's probably anime, isn't it?

Spike

Educated
Black Myth is chinese dark souls.

Another Souls ripoff. Thank you, just let me mark that down on my list of games to never play.

That's badass as fuck. I don't imagine myself doing anything at 70 except eating through a straw.

It's probably anime, isn't it?
Haha. Yeah, it is anime, so you would not like it. But here, check out Passageway (PotA). As the kids say, "peep that biznitch".

EDIT: There is also a thread on this kino right here on your very own neighborhood Codex.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Combat looks okay, but that screaming and moaning gives female tennis players a run for their money.

Doesn't look like obnoxious anime. The camera is too far zoomed out to tell which is good.
Ys is very anime, but it's a long running series and they mostly follow an old fashioned idea of anime anyways.

Ys is a pretty good series, even the weaker entries are mostly "alright".

Doesn't look like obnoxious anime. The camera is too far zoomed out to tell which is good.
Ys is very anime, but it's a long running series and they mostly follow an old fashioned idea of anime anyways.

Ys is a pretty good series, even the weaker entries are mostly "alright".

Falcom's in-house band does all the music, and it's excellent.

911 Jumper

Educated
The female screaming and moaning sounds do grate (I generally find such sounds unpleasant). Looks as if it'll be another game where the volume will have to be kept low. Hopefully there's an option to reduce “combat sound effects” or something.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Damn this looks great. Love me some DmC action but it suffers from too many faggy anime men. If this has the same level of smooth, fun controls but replaces the sausage brigade with TnA it'll be great!

Just a shame it's Kpop and not something a bit more metal.

Suicidal

Arcane
Why is DMC in the weeb section but this is general gaming?
"Inb4 it's Korean, not Japanese"
Why is Lies of P in the weeb section then?

The kpop bit comes from the fact that the heroine is pretty much an idealized kpop girl. It has that look, even though korean girls have no boobs or asses irl.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Apparently the one they modeled the MC after has an ass. The tiddies are small but that's fine. I'm not one of those dudes who need giant tiddies. They are just a nice bonus.

Yeah, modern korean girls are a product of gym + intensive surgeries, so it isn't really "hers" tbh. Reminder that korean women are vapid as fuck, due to Korea as a nation aiming to be more like the USA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom