Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

Johannes

Arcane
changelist said:
Siege Tank

To coincide with Legacy of the Void’s focus on harass and aggression, the Siege Tank has been granted the ability to be lifted and dropped while maintaining Siege Mode. Doing so requires the full cargo-space of a Medivac.
Lel that's hilarious.

mhm32167

Educated
Wow, they really want to turn this into a game where only twitchy fingers and hotkey memorization matters.
All tactics, no strategy. All micro, no macro. Meh, not my type of game any more.

A matter of taste, obviously, but what I don't get: Why do they even bother with base building? It is counterproductive to the style of gameplay they obviously want to achieve.
They are increasing micro which should make high level games more entertaining to watch, but they are also increasing starting workers and reducing overall minerals at each base so players will have to expand more and earlier, increasing macro as well.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Archon mode sounds pretty fun. But I'm too burned out on basebuilding/economy RTS'es to bother. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, carrying/dropping pre-sieged tanks sounds like it'll be all kinds of broken. But I haven't played since before HotS. I'm probably wrong.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah SC2 is dead... oh wait.

There's still plenty of e-sports events going around and millions to be had in prize money, streams and big player base.

Starcraft no strategy, no macro?

Could you guys stop talking out of your asses, please? You clearly have no clue how to play Starcraft. So you bitch and moan, like a couple of paper/bronze league players, that you are.

Quietly shut the fuck up. Starcraft is the no. 1 rts game, and has been since it's release. Be it, SC1, BW, SC2 + expos

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Dead game is dead.
hcaixWX.gif

Could you guys stop talking out of your asses, please?

You'll learn.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
No swedes owning the competitive scene = dead e-sport.

Truths.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Wow, they really want to turn this into a game where only twitchy fingers and hotkey memorization matters.
All tactics, no strategy. All micro, no macro.
It's always been like that. That's why Starcraft has always been shit.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Terran was always OP in WoL. It looks like it will be just as OP in Legacy of Void and they are still looking at including another new unit for Terran. Funny.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
SC2 prob not dead, no, but the foreigner scene pretty much is.

No swedes owning the competitive scene = dead e-sport.

Truths.

By that logic, all games are dead. Since Sweden sucks massive balls at all of them.
CSGO and Dota2 are pretty healthy games

*tries to think of anything where danes have been world champs, even in real sports*
hmm nothing

Inconvinient micromanagment hell?

Granted, SC2 is also micromanagement hell, but at least it dont suffer from inconvinience. Stop hatin mang

Considering that sc2 is a step backwards compared to first installment in every way possible in terms of gameplay and battle.net 2.0 is just a worthless piece of shit, they had like what 10 years ? and still managed to ruin the only thing that kept them afloat -> custom games and b.net lobbies.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lol. SC2 is as healthy as ever. Why all the hate? :)

I thought the trailer was pretty good, not sure if better than the HOTS one, but definitely top notch. I would LOVE a starcraft movie. it would be much more interesting than the warcraft movie coming out, for me.

Personally, I hope this last expansion will be the best of the three, since HOTS was kind of meh in terms of multi and single content. WoL was the strongest so far, while still being pretty weak in all content other than the multiplayer.

SC1 and BW were the highpoint of the series, but SC2 aint bad. It's in between, and still in very good shape. Chris Sigaty said, that the game have had steady number of players etc. since the launch in 2010. That's pretty impressive, seeing as it's been almost 6 years since that time, with multiple expansions that have recieved quite a bit of criticism.

Can't wait for november 10th ! Ironically also the time Fallout 4 comes out... topkek ;D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom