Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft 2 - when will we get a crack?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
amazon said:
Yes, that means each one of your friends now has to have his own original copy of the game!

Is this for real?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Amazon.com said:
GetItGotItGood says:

I dont uderstand how this game is getting 3 stars. So many idiot reviewers complaining about LANs and online activations and what not. This is a great game and you don't need to read reviews. Just buy the damn thing already.

David Wills says:
agreed. and to all those idiots talking about no LAN support? remember, starcraft 1 was release in 1998, back when not too many people had internet. of course they are going to allow LAN. but now that everybody has internet, and the fact that LAN brings up potential piracy problems? if you really cared about blizzard at all, you would understand why they have all this antipiracy stuff, and you'd want to give them as much money as you can for all of their amazing products.
:what:

Multi-headed Cow

Should have my download of the game from Blizzard done tomorrow, hopefully someone will have just the crack on Demonoid.

Is there a reason why the recap seems to completely ignore the events of Brood War?

Oh, I get it. Because it fucks up the 'Raynor all in against Mengsk in a noble resistance movement, while pining for his love', when you realize BW consisted of Raynor *not* throwing himself suicidally against the Dominion (he even worked with Mengsk several times afterwards to achieve something), and him also saying that Kerrigan was a dead bitch the next time he saw her.

Antihero

Liturgist
I hardly care that much about piracy until it starts to affect people's business or livelihood, but I never understood the bending over backwards to justify it. It's like saying you want to bang that $500 whore, but you shouldn't have to pay afterwards because you don't like the pimp or the whore probably gave you AIDS, and you're not really stopping her from working some more johns to make up for your freebies.

Meh, never mind.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Genma is right.

It's like next-gen games just need that fucking epic-save-the-world plot with a cheesy romance thrown in to be fun - what's worse is that Raynor is a whining drunkard, who at the same time acts like a cool hero - and he is forced as a main character on you. I really start to hate him.

I demand more Brood War grimdark

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
Genma is right.

It's like next-gen games just need that fucking epic-save-the-world plot with a cheesy romance thrown in to be fun - what's worse is that Raynor is a whining drunkard, who at the same time acts like a cool hero - and he is forced as a main character on you. I really start to hate him.

Skyway whining about 'plot' in an RTS. Sorry bro, but Starcraft had a bland by the numbers story created just to give some reasoning as to why you're blowing shit up. If you're a storyfag, play an Obsidian game.

1eyedking

Erudite
MetalCraze said:
What the...? OK, this is getting ridiculous.

StarCraft II's campaign anime cues and emo plot is terribad, but come on, the original campaign in StarCraft was more of an excuse to play a series of tech-escalating skirmishes than anything else. It was cool, but that's it. It wasn't grimdark; if anything Dark Reign's campaign is grimdark, but StarCraft's? Nigga please.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Did I say SC campaign was a pinnacle of writing? It must be fun seeing the world in black and white.

Brood War campaign wasn't a work of novel genius but it wasn't a crappy emo-shit where Raynor keeps whining about Kerrigan and how he's butthurt about the past in almost every cutscene and characters go like "oh man everything is gonna be ok, here let me hug you".

Broodwar's plot wasn't annoying, this shit's annoying - that's the difference.

1eyedking

Erudite
MetalCraze said:
Did I say SC campaign was a pinnacle of writing? It must be fun seeing the world in black and white.

Brood War campaign wasn't a work of novel genius but it wasn't a crappy emo-shit where Raynor keeps whining about Kerrigan and how he's butthurt about the past in almost every cutscene and characters go like "oh man everything is gonna be ok, here let me hug you".

Broodwar's plot wasn't annoying, this shit's annoying - that's the difference.
And that's what I fucking said, dimwit. The only thing grimdark about StarCraft's campaign were the glorious cutscenes, but not the plot.

We agree...

relootz said:
1eyedking vs skyway

haahahahahahaha
...so fuck off.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I love that Skyway keeps mentioning the Brood War campaign (in reference to being darker) while 1eyedking keeps insisting "the Starcraft campaign isn't dark". Hint to the latter: SC campaign =/= Brood War campaign.

Oh and I'm with Skyway on this. The SC campaign was entertaining for being a self-confessed cliche storm full of B-movie cheese, BW campaign was much better for keeping some of the cheese but toning it down with a more interesting story.

And yes I know it's an RTS, and no I don't expect MotB story in my RTS, but compared to the shitty excuses for plot that you see in Warcraft or C&C or any other RTS BW's was more than serviceable. From the youtube cinematics SC2's looked pathetic.

1eyedking

Erudite
Sceptic said:
I love that Skyway keeps mentioning the Brood War campaign (in reference to being darker) while 1eyedking keeps insisting "the Starcraft campaign isn't dark". Hint to the latter: SC campaign =/= Brood War campaign.
I meant Brood War. FFS.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Been playing it for a few hours now. Game's fun in that typical Starcraft way. The bitching about the music being orchestral in that other thread is bullshit. So far it ranged from country, ambient, rock to, indeed, orchestral. The bitching about Brood War being ignored in the storyline is from morons who have only paid attention to the brief recap during the installation. So far it's Starcraft. With better graphics. And being fun.

MetalCraze said:
It must be fun seeing the world in black and white.

Ahahaahahahaaaaaa.

1eyedking

Erudite
Trash said:
Been playing it for a few hours now. Game's fun in that typical Starcraft way. The bitching about the music being orchestral in that other thread is bullshit. So far it ranged from country, ambient, rock to, indeed, orchestral. The bitching about Brood War being ignored in the storyline is from morons who have only paid attention to the brief recap during the installation. So far it's Starcraft. With better graphics. And being fun.
It isn't StarCraft unless it's got all the memes (you know, the ones that gave it its personality). And it doesn't.

Just listening to the wimpy Firebat (moar liek Typical-Fat-Anime Robotbat, amirite?) makes me want to kill all of the art direction department.

PS: the Hyperion bridge looks like straight from a WoW dungeon. FFS.

MetalCraze

Arcane
At least StarCraft 2 has some of those Codex beloved C&C.

When I chose to wipe out that Hevan planet Raynor was like "it must be done!"
But after the mission the bitch started crying again "oh we should've tried it the other way! we should've saved them! waaaa"
FFS man. I should've chosen the do gooder option - but something tells me he would be whining about something else then.

At least Shepard wasn't such a damn pussy.

(Also campaign is pretty ok itself thus far and has some interesting missions)

relootz

Scholar
MetalCraze said:

MetalCraze said:

MetalCraze said:

MetalCraze said:

raiders-of-the-lost-ark-melting-face.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom