Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft 2 - when will we get a crack?

RolePlayer

Augur
The downloadable application is available on various torrent sites with no crack available yet. No way I support the faceless corporation that's activision/blizzard with a purchase but I will pirate their game to sh1t and play it online via private servers. Anyway, was wondering if anybody had any insight into when a game like this would typically be cracked. I remember when warcraft 3 came out back in 2002 there was a crack out a week or so before the game's release day (the campaigns were playable). I ended up purchasing the game to play it online but that's besides the point.

attackfighter

Magister
there's already a crack for the beta, although you can only play by yourself

can't say when the real game's crack will come out though - they seem to be really random with some games taking months or more to crack while others get cracked straight away.

also I'm illiterate when it comes to programming but I'm assuming it'd be difficult to play anywhere but bnet 2, considering how much effort blizzard's put into making the game reliant on bnet

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wait till the release date. I've heard Blizzard has a special surprise for ThePirateBay internet store customers - they will be able to get a singleplayer part of $100 mln SC2 for free!

spectre

Arcane
Wowzers, seems like some guys at blizzard have their head screwed in the right way.

Destroid

Arcane
A week maximum I guess? Because of it's popularity I imagine all the crackers will be on this right away.

L'ennui

Magister
Morgoth said:
Don't you bums have jobs to afford video games legally or what?

Have you never heard of "voting with your wallet"? I will not "vote" for Blizzard-Activision.

But I do want to see if SC2's storyline is good. Call me a thief if you want to, we're all thieves anyways in some way or another (and the videogame industry has no moral highground on this whatsoever).

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
kotick_douche_01.png

MetalCraze

Arcane
Morgoth said:

I have better ways to spend $150 than buying a single game.

Morgoth said:
They always delivered top quality, so I'll free some money for them even knowing they merged with the devil that is Activision.
They developed SC2 - then cut it into 3 parts and now start selling them as separate games (they acknowledged that all 3 are finished - see tacticular cancer). Not even that but you MUST be online to play SP.
Blizzard should fucking die for this. And enjoy being raped by jew dick.
PC gaming doesn't need these untermenschen.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
MetalCraze said:
They developed SC2 - then cut it into 3 parts and now start selling them as separate games (they acknowledged that all 3 are finished - see tacticular cancer). Not even that but you MUST be online to play SP.
Blizzard should fucking die for this. And enjoy being raped by jew dick.
PC gaming doesn't need these untermenschen.
Wrong. Only the marine campaign is finished. Or do you seriously think they put 3x30 sp mission into a single game? We would have to wait another 3 years for that.
As for being online, only for the first time registering on battlenet. After that you can play SP offline. That's confirmed.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Let's see. They've said that the whole "trilogy" costed them $100 mln, not just a single terrain campaign. 7 years is more than enough to make everything besides they announced "trilogy" only some 1-1.5 years before the release.
And we don't know how long those 30 missions are. They may as well be 20-30 minutes long each.

Also CIS version does require internet connection with "special" edition that costs 10 bucks less letting you to play the game only for a year (that includes all SP stuff). So basically they even release "rent" editions wtf

With servers being region locked for all versions worldwide we have Blizzard/Kotick's multiheaded dick desperately wanting to rape customer's ass.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Blizzard always builds the multiplayer first, sp later. So my guess is that 1 -1,5 years ago when they started designing the SP campaign they figured 3x10 missions for all three races don't cut it. Perhaps they just wanna have an more expansive story? Makes total sense then to release the main game and 2 expansions later.

Yeesh

Magister
L'ennui said:
Morgoth said:

Have you never heard of "voting with your wallet"? I will not "vote" for Blizzard-Activision.

I giggle because in this context, voting with your wallet would be buying another game you'd prefer, not pirating one you're looking forward to. What you meant was, "Have you ever heard of we don't pay for games anymore, but instead of just shutting up about it we feel some vague sense of entitlement and moral justification?"

Destroid

Arcane
Yeesh said:
L'ennui said:
Morgoth said:

I giggle because in this context, voting with your wallet would be buying another game you'd prefer, not pirating one you're looking forward to. What you meant was, "Have you ever heard of we don't pay for games anymore, but instead of just shutting up about it we feel some vague sense of entitlement and moral justification?"

Games are not commodities, you can't buy one from a different supplier and have it be the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom