Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft 2 - when will we get a crack?

Korgan

Arbiter
OH FUCK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FuJRbwkz10
Raynor LOVED!~~~^^ Kerrigan all the time, so he makes her human again (betraying someone or something for the cure) and they ride off into the sunset.
That's really the motherfucking ending. Just. Like. That.
What the fuck was that.
EDIT:
"Jim?"
"It's okay. I gotcha."
:what:

Drakron

Arcane
Watch the previous videos, they got some alien thing that must have pulled a number on the Zerg.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
attackfighter said:
way to ruin starcraft 2 for me, Activision-Blizzard

fix'd for ya.

And thanks to the holy man that provided the link. Now I won't heed treacherus whipserings of Satan and won't support his minions on earth with my money.

Korgan

Arbiter
Berekän said:
Korgan said:

God fucking dammit, that's the end I was expecting, but FFS, couldn't you just put the fucking Spoiler tag?
attackfighter said:
way to ruin starcraft 2 for me, asshole
trollface_hd_523.jpg

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
According to Blizzard, the company did not spend that much to make the game. Apparently Blizzard’s other popular game, World of Warcraft did in fact cost over $100 million to make.

It didn't cost 100 mil you dorks.

Korgan said:
OH FUCK
Raynor LOVED!~~~^^ Kerrigan all the time, so he makes her human again (betraying someone or something for the cure) and they ride off into the sunset.
What the fuck was that.
EDIT:
"Jim?"
"It's okay. I gotcha."

This can't be accurate. The Queen Bitch of the universe who raped the shit out of both terran and protoss, letting only scraps of them live, is turned into the damsel in distress? Even Blizzard isn't that stupid. Doubly so considering they have already said that the Zerg campaign will focus on Kerrigan exclusively.

My guess would be it isn't Kerrigan but some other newly-abducted ghost that the Zerg are experimenting on. Or Raynor is having some vision-thing to goad him into doing something for her (Kerrigan can mess around with his head in dreams according to SC1). Or Blizzard has a really, really good sense of humor and this is just an unused cinematic to fool anyone poking around in the SC2 files early.

Overweight Manatee said:
Korgan said:
OH FUCK
What the fuck was that.
EDIT:
"Jim?"
"It's okay. I gotcha."

This can't be accurate. The Queen Bitch of the universe who raped the shit out of both terran and protoss, letting only scraps of them live, is turned into the damsel in distress? Even Blizzard isn't that stupid. Doubly so considering they have already said that the Zerg campaign will focus on Kerrigan exclusively.

My guess would be it isn't Kerrigan but some other newly-abducted ghost that the Zerg are experimenting on. Or Raynor is having some vision-thing to goad him into doing something for her (Kerrigan can mess around with his head in dreams according to SC1). Or Blizzard has a really, really good sense of humor and this is just an unused cinematic to fool anyone poking around in the SC2 files early.

He's also got the rest of the SCII cinematics up, so it's probably not a fake out. But whatever helps you not start gibbering.

attackfighter

Magister
the zerg campaign's probably going to be about her working with jim + zaratul to regain control of the zerg and beat the zal naga, or something

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
He's also got the rest of the SCII cinematics up, so it's probably not a fake out. But whatever helps you not start gibbering.

I'm actually spoiler proof. I really don't care if people tell me the final outcome ahead of time. Just pointing out that it makes no sense considering what we know.

Drakron

Arcane
Well there is only the FMV sequences and not the in play events so its hard to say how things come down.

And Raynor is a mess, he is trying to take down the Dominion but he needs someone to foot the bil for it so he works as a merc and getting drunk most of the time, he certainly taken a hit as he keeps dreaming about the moment Kerrigan was abandoned and left to the Zerg.

Then suddenly Zeratul shows up, talks about some Prophecy,how Kerrigan must survive and Xel'naga just to vanish, if Raynor have issues with Kerrigan then Zeratul have even more considering what she did and made him do.

There is a lot missing, I do think they are serious about beaching missions as Hot Scientist seems to end up as Kerrigan in one instance (but less hot) and remain Hot Scientist on another as I cannot understand the FMV in any other way.

Oh and then Valerian Mengsk hires Raynor at a attempt to destroy the Zerg in their own home town, Char by borrowing half the fleet from his dad and that is pretty much what leads to that FMV sequence that must be the end of Wings of Freedom Campaign.

Oh and Nova shows up in the game too, at the very least on a FMV (that is pretty damn funny)

Drakron said:
Oh and Nova shows up in the game too, at the very least on a FMV (that is pretty damn funny)

The one with the voodoo doll, and Tychus bouncing around? Yeah, that one is pretty good.

L'ennui

Magister
Watched all of the cinematics. Glad I didn't drop a penny for it. It was the epitome of "meh" except at the end where they managed to draw some consternation and nerd rage out of me. (And it really doesn't compare to WC3 and subsequent games' quality with regards to CGI.)

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
attackfighter said:
way to ruin starcraft 2 for me, asshole
He didn't. If this is really the ending they went with, then you can blame Blizzard for spoiling the damn thing.

A small part of me wants to secretly hope this is bullshit and it's in fact not Kerrigan.

OK, a VERY LARGE part of me is fervently praying this isn't how the game ends. If it is I'm not even pirating this shit.

MetalCraze

Arcane
DefJam101 said:
What is multiplayer Arma2 like? Is there CTF? What about vehicle CTF?

It isn't an arcade shooter. And PvP gaming is the worst part of it although it does have CTF and even a first-person RTS-like mode called Warfare (or Capture The Island in OFP) - which plays like RTS except in first-person duh, think Battlezone.

Coop is where it shines - I dunno what to give as a closest example - think SWAT4-style coop suddenly getting more realism (large emphasis on teamwork with stuff like ballistics simulation, complex non-HP wounding systems etc, ACE mod takes it even further) and taking place on random portions of open 100-200 sq. km maps with global combined ops.

Sceptic said:
OK, a VERY LARGE part of me is fervently praying this isn't how the game ends. If it is I'm not even pirating this shit.

The video looks like a very genuine ending to me.
But now I just want to play a good, non-skirmish-like SP RTS campaign if I can't have grimdark story to back it up.

Twinkle

Liturgist
I'm honestly surprised that freaking RTS story can change purchasing decision. Considering that MP is largely the same stuff as long as the campaign is decent I'd "try" it at least.

L'ennui

Magister
Twinkle said:
I'm honestly surprised that freaking RTS story can change purchasing decision. Considering that MP is largely the same stuff as long as the campaign is decent I'd "try" it at least.

I know, right? But, having played the beta, I have to say that the gameplay has very little that actually stands out from whatever other RTS I could play (or indeed from SC1 itself, although they did add a few things to make it more modern), so the possibility of an awesome SP campaign à la Brood War was actually my main point of interest.

Mrowak

Arcane
Overweight Manatee said:
Korgan said:
OH FUCK
What the fuck was that.
EDIT:
"Jim?"
"It's okay. I gotcha."

You know what would be fun? If the whole vision of Zeratul meeting Raynor was a big sharade - either Zeratul fell under Kerrigan's influence like Raszagal did or she was using a mind-trick on Raynor's weak brain to make him do what she wanted. Or both. Then, the entire war with the Dominion would be in order to weaken their resistance and possibly remove a few Xel'Naga artifacts that, in Protoss hands, might constitute a substantial threat to zerg forces. Once Raynor did what she wanted Kerrigan would goad him into Char along with half of the Dominion fleet in order to dispose her toy and easily crush a bulk of threatening forces in the heart of the swarm.

During all that time Raynor would suffer from psychic induced hallucinations that would make him live in a dream world - where every one liner about freedom, democracy and companionship would stir the hearts of his soldiers and make it seem as if a true alliance between Dominion and rebels was possible (where in reality Valerian succumbed to Kerrigan's powers as a result of misuse of one of the Xel'Naga artifacts).

The last scene would be Raynor's wishful dream that Kerrigan mercifully let him see a moment before proding her tendril through his skull. Or even better, leaving him on this small volcanic planet in a half-catatonic state unable to distinguish hallucination from reality with Kerrigan's malicious presence in his mind sneering at his downfall constantly, until he dies of malnutrition (having eaten too much of his own shit for too long).

Despite many misgivings at least that would remotely look like Diablo Starcraft campaign.

Mhain

Educated
Kerrigan lies supine, the dead remnants of Samir Duran beside her. She stares as the ghost of Tassadar. Aiur materializes over her from the freed Protoss souls circling the area, and the characteristic red glow dissipates from her eyes. As Tassadar kneels down, Kerrigan places a hand on Tassadar’s chest.
Kerrigan: Is it... over?
Tassadar lays a comforting hand on Kerrigan' bare hands.
Tassadar : At long last. No queen rules forever, Kerrigan.
Kerrigan : I see... only darkness... before me...
Kerrigan' eyes roll back into her head and she dies, her hand falling to the ground. Tassadar closes her eyes and gently lays her on the ground as Jim Raynor walks in.
Tassadar : Without its master's command, the restless Zerg will become an even greater threat to this universe.
Tassadar stands, facing Jim Raynor.
Tassadar : Control must be maintained... There must always be... an Overmind...
Tassadar' ghost and the swirling souls disappear, and Jim Raynor shields his eyes from the blinding darkness. Jim Raynor picks up the Xel’Naga artifact and examines it.
Jim Raynor: The weight of such a burden... it must be mine. For there is no other to—
Zeratul: Jim Raynor... You hold a grim destiny in your hands... but it is not your own.
The infested figure of Zeratul is revealed, sitting atop the Altar.
Jim Raynor: Zeratul... by all that is holy...
Zeratul: The infestation... sealed my fate. The world of the living can no longer comfort me. Give the artifact to me, Jim Raynor. Forevermore - I will be the heart of the swarm.
Jim Raynor turns his back on Zeratul, preparing to walk away.
Jim Raynor: NO, old friend. I cannot.
Zeratul: DO IT JIM RAYNOR! You and these brave heroes have your own destinies to fulfill. This last act of service... is mine.
Jim Raynor: You will not be forgotten... friend.
Zeratul: I MUST be forgotten, Jim Raynor! If the universe is to live free from the tyranny of fear – they must never know what was done here today.
Jim Raynor nods, gives the artifact onto Zeratul's hand. The chamber begins to shake violently. There is a flash of light and Zeratul's eyes are glowing orange through the eye slits of the object; the gem set into the artifact turns from orange to red.
Zeratul: Tell them only that the Queen of Blades is dead...
Zeratul's voice changes, acquiring the Overmind’s characteristic echo.
Zeratul/Overmind: and that Zeratul died with her...
Organic tissues spread, encasing Zeratul’s body.
Zeratul/Overmind: NOW GO. LEAVE THIS PLACE – AND NEVER RETURN.

Mrowak

Arcane
Mhain said:
Kerrigan lies supine, the dead remnants of Samir Duran beside her. She stares as the ghost of Tassadar. Aiur materializes over her from the freed Protoss souls circling the area, and the characteristic red glow dissipates from her eyes. As Tassadar kneels down, Kerrigan places a hand on Tassadar’s chest.
Kerrigan: Is it... over?
Tassadar lays a comforting hand on Kerrigan' bare hands.
Tassadar : At long last. No queen rules forever, Kerrigan.
Kerrigan : I see... only darkness... before me...
Kerrigan' eyes roll back into her head and she dies, her hand falling to the ground. Tassadar closes her eyes and gently lays her on the ground as Jim Raynor walks in.
Tassadar : Without its master's command, the restless Zerg will become an even greater threat to this universe.
Tassadar stands, facing Jim Raynor.
Tassadar : Control must be maintained... There must always be... an Overmind...
Tassadar' ghost and the swirling souls disappear, and Jim Raynor shields his eyes from the blinding darkness. Jim Raynor picks up the Xel’Naga artifact and examines it.
Jim Raynor: The weight of such a burden... it must be mine. For there is no other to—
Zeratul: Jim Raynor... You hold a grim destiny in your hands... but it is not your own.
The infested figure of Zeratul is revealed, sitting atop the Altar.
Jim Raynor: Zeratul... by all that is holy...
Zeratul: The infestation... sealed my fate. The world of the living can no longer comfort me. Give the artifact to me, Jim Raynor. Forevermore - I will be the heart of the swarm.
Jim Raynor turns his back on Zeratul, preparing to walk away.
Jim Raynor: NO, old friend. I cannot.
Zeratul: DO IT JIM RAYNOR! You and these brave heroes have your own destinies to fulfill. This last act of service... is mine.
Jim Raynor: You will not be forgotten... friend.
Zeratul: I MUST be forgotten, Jim Raynor! If the universe is to live free from the tyranny of fear – they must never know what was done here today.
Jim Raynor nods, gives the artifact onto Zeratul's hand. The chamber begins to shake violently. There is a flash of light and Zeratul's eyes are glowing orange through the eye slits of the object; the gem set into the artifact turns from orange to red.
Zeratul: Tell them only that the Queen of Blades is dead...
Zeratul's voice changes, acquiring the Overmind’s characteristic echo.
Zeratul/Overmind: and that Zeratul died with her...
Organic tissues spread, encasing Zeratul’s body.
Zeratul/Overmind: NOW GO. LEAVE THIS PLACE – AND NEVER RETURN.
WTF was that? SC Twilight saga?

Its quite inaccurate, as we know from brood wars that without an overmind/kerrigan the swarm actually ends up basically consuming itself with all the infighting and noone to restore order

:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom