Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Wreck Released

lightbane

Arcane
One thing that irked me about the demo is that the game encouraged overspecialization: If you wanted to be a smart engineer, chances are you would be a generic nerd so ugly that ALL women are repelled upon seeing your face (even if you were wearing a space helmet!) and/or your character is too timid to approach people in general. What if I wanted to make for example a Tony Stark-esque character who's a genius AND NOT a weakling phyiscally-wise? The amount of stat points you started with was a bit low.
Has this changed?

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Everyone can decide for themselves. For me the inclusion of this "N" thing (which doesn't effect you unless there are NPCs attracted exclusively to "N") is more than counterbalanced by the dev being an active member here. And again, you can't even pick being a man or a woman in a codex GOTY contender Baldur's Gate 3.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I don’t want every game to have romance options. I’m not against games with sex romance or creating a brothel empire (I mean I supported Battle Brothel and Lona and BEBE). What does relationships/sex do in this game? I overlooked this aspect purposely.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I don't even know if there is sex but it looks like if people find you attractive they may open up and spill secrets more easily.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I don’t want every game to have romance options. I’m not against games with sex romance or creating a brothel empire (I mean I supported Battle Brothel and Lona and BEBE). What does relationships/sex do in this game? I overlooked this aspect purposely.

Space Wreck is a multi-experience kind of game. The idea is that you can play it with different gameplay styles with different character builds and it should be an increasingly different experience for each one.

Hence, yes, there is sex. But you don't have to do it. You can ignore it. In fact, if CHARM is your dumpstat, don't even dream about it :D NPCs have standards, you know.

Besides, in Space Wreck, sex is usually a tool. Just like hacking for computer-skills person, combat for commandos, sex is something pretty people can do.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What, the fact that there is a "neutral" gender option is going too far now, despite the fact that a male starts with more Strength and a female starts with more Charm? Ok.
Depends. Does Neutral come with its own stat bonus? I'd assume it does since the other two do, but I'm surprised gender isn't just a flavor thing and actually matters.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
sex is something pretty people can do.
There's no more alcohol in the future?

Alcohol is actually a social mechanic Space Wreck - if your speech is too low, you are too shy/afraid to speak to strangers, literally cannot start the dialog with an NPC. But, if you take a sip of alcohol beforehand, sort of liquid courage, it boost your confidence and you can now engage in the conversation.

And you actually cannot have sex if you are too shy, so, alcohol helps with your sex life in Space Wreck this way.

P.S.
Though alcohol, of course, has side effects - apart from lost FOCUS and whatnot, we insert some provocative or rude remarks in your first meeting dialogue options which may cause NPC to never talk with you again, if offended.

image.png

Does Neutral come with its own stat bonus? I'd assume it does since the other two do, but I'm surprised gender isn't just a flavor thing and actually matters.

It does, +1 to your PERCEPTION.

But everyone can max-out PERCEPTION, the bonus only means that N cannot have PERC lower than 2 (inherent +1).

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I probably should not get into this again, but...let's try it again.

Tranny politics? Why do space games have to have this or do devs mention it? I just want to explore space/worlds, pirate/privateer, survive, build, etc. agenda driven drivel BLECK!

There's an optional N in the character creation screen. This is it.

W - stereotypical woman (Scarlett Johansson)
M - stereotypical man (Clint Eastwood)
N - errr...hard to say...neither? (Cowboy Bebop)

It works as follows: NPCs in SpaceWreck sometimes want to have sex, potentially with the player. Then this "stereotype" (visual appearance and behaviour) field is used to determine PC & NPC compatibility:

NPCs have sexual preferences defined as a set of letters, e.g. "M" - that would be either a heterosexual woman or strict gay, depending on NPC's own type (M, W, N).
But it does not have to be one letter, certain characters don't really care (M, W, N), some are a bit more conservative but still open to less conventional looking people like N, M, or W, N.

This is the extent of tranny politics in Space Wreck.

Needless to say, you can just pick W or M and forget about it.
So it's an COMPLETELY OPTIONAL™ Sieg Hile! to WOKE idealogy. That btw hates you, hates me, hates Russians AND Ukranians. It's insanity used to destroy World. I will not play your game

Why? Because you could have named it "sexual attraction". It was purposefully left vague knowing it will be seen, without this explanation inside Game, by 99% Players as Space Tranny option. Thus +0.5 ESG Good Boy points. Minus me as Enjoyer of otherwise fine RPG

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
I probably should not get into this again, but...let's try it again.

Tranny politics? Why do space games have to have this or do devs mention it? I just want to explore space/worlds, pirate/privateer, survive, build, etc. agenda driven drivel BLECK!

There's an optional N in the character creation screen. This is it.

W - stereotypical woman (Scarlett Johansson)
M - stereotypical man (Clint Eastwood)
N - errr...hard to say...neither? (Cowboy Bebop)

It works as follows: NPCs in SpaceWreck sometimes want to have sex, potentially with the player. Then this "stereotype" (visual appearance and behaviour) field is used to determine PC & NPC compatibility:

NPCs have sexual preferences defined as a set of letters, e.g. "M" - that would be either a heterosexual woman or strict gay, depending on NPC's own type (M, W, N).
But it does not have to be one letter, certain characters don't really care (M, W, N), some are a bit more conservative but still open to less conventional looking people like N, M, or W, N.

This is the extent of tranny politics in Space Wreck.

Needless to say, you can just pick W or M and forget about it.
the dev specifically has stated that the Nuetral option does not necessarily mean trannie or asexual eunuch but can also mean someone of neutral sex appeal aka a plainfaced tomboy, nonbinary (maybe eunuch) it's not forced in the plot any more than, and in fact probably less than, real life. It's mostly in the background adds some more nuance for npc reactions to your character beyond swooning maidens and square jawed chads.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Apparently the dev is a codexer since 2004, which leaves me puzzled as to why he's replying the posts complaining about wokeism. If he's really a codexer he should've already expected this reaction and know that anything he says will be irrelevant.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I never watched Cowboy Bepop, but someone with the name Spike Spiegel and is a bounty hunter seems pretty masculine to me. Am I wrong?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom