Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Wreck Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Pahris Entertainment; Space Wreck

The post-apocalyptic hardcore role-playing adventure Space Wreck is now fully available for You!

Your character, your gameplay

Create a character of your liking - strongman or weakling, talker or an extremely shy introvert, ugly repulsive blob or charming sexy model - and kick them into a space of derelict stations and dilapidated spaceships, searching for the one thing - a fuel chip - that can get you home!

(...You and tens of innocent passengers, actually. If you care about that sort of thing, I mean.)

Intentionally short but surprisingly deep

The game is as long as a movie - but you dictate the action and whatever you do, branches the plot in its own unique path. And best of all - if you liked it, play it again later, it's made to be replayable from the very first moment til the ...err... every one of the ends.

Your story, your rules

There are hardly any spoilers for this game, Do you succeed? Yes. And no. Do you meet pirates? Yes...and no. Do you get home? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno, man! I mean, how it ends - it depends on you, not me!

So, jump in and find out what YOUR story is!

And if you like, share it with us! We cannot wait to learn about your adventures!​

Zanzoken

Arcane
Looks interesting, and I believe the dev is a Codexer, no?

I didn't see a link to the Steam page so here you go.

elverkongen

Learned
"An inch wide and a mile deep" - reminds me a bit of Betrayal at Club Low and Titan Outpost, both of which I enjoyed immensely. To anyone who has played Space Wreck, are these comparisons that I just pulled out of my ass wildly off base?

lightbane

Arcane
Can you save at any point at last, or are you stuck with autosave?

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
A good game that I don't plan to buy because of the tranny gender politics in it.

That said, if you don't mind it, it looks cool and the design seems competent.

It's also a great example of AI art in an indie game.

Jinn

Arcane
What, the fact that there is a "neutral" gender option is going too far now, despite the fact that a male starts with more Strength and a female starts with more Charm? Ok.

Last edited:

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
The yellow dude is temporary. Guy with the red helmet will return
Can you save at any point at last, or are you stuck with autosave?

You can save at any point outside combat in multiple (5) save slots. And there's autosave. And the game saves at certain decision points (on the star map).

2685a091746b9920d2873d2a1c3fe55712da0f75.png

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So, is it good or is it a wreck?
I played the demo, I recall liking the gameplay setup and how the world reacts to your attributes. In order to climb through vents for instance you can't be too strong, otherwise you won't fit. There's good and bad to having a low/high stat which I can't recall ever seeing before.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
What, the fact that there is a "neutral" gender option is going too far now, despite the fact that a male starts with more Strength and a female starts with more Charm? Ok.
The neutral gender thing was less on the nose than other games. I think you're 'indeterminate' due to wearing a bulky spacesuit the entire time.

Jinn

Arcane
The neutral gender thing was less on the nose than other games. I think you're 'indeterminate' due to wearing a bulky spacesuit the entire time.
It's a non-issue. That's why I was surprised someone would announce they weren't going to play it because of such a thing.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I will also not buy the game for the exact same reason.

It's the developers choice to exclude reality, I guess he can afford less sales. I hope, for him, that implementing this shit sells copies, I don't think it will.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I keep confusing Space Wreck with Space Haven

Well. This is awkward. But, just for the record, this is not related at all. I haven't even played it.

At first I was thinking, “this name seems so damn familiar.” Then I remembered a different game:
https://amiga.abime.net/games/view/spacewrecked-14-billion-light-years-from-earth

Ahh, yes. I was aware but decided it's OK since the title is pretty old and AFAIK it's not a registered trademark.

Here's song of rejoicement for that.

Crusader is actually often brought up when talking about Space Wreck graphics and - of course - they also have a dude in a red spacesuit. Who doesn't these days?!

2023 is a good year

Oh yeah. A bit crowded. But good.

Last edited:

Billy Pilgrim

Novice
This is going to be the best November I've had in years! Colony Ship (check), and Space Wreck (check). Now, to find a legitimate way not to go to work... without quitting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom