Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Wreck finally coming to Early Access on December 5th

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone played the game, and what's your honest opinion?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
something tells me that certain posters would quickly change their tune if the dev was a russian advocating for the invasion of ukraine
The dev can do whatever they want.
As long as they don't do it in their game, it's all good. And no, acknowledging that people exist that identify as neither M nor F is not pushing any agenda.
Doesn't matter even the tiniest bit what you think of those people. They are there (always have been) and won't go away, so might as well give them an option not affecting your gameplay in the slightest.
Personally, I prefer just having an "optics" selection where you can select male or female body, in games where gender doesn't really play a role.

I strongly doubt you'll find Bioware-style NPCs here that want to tell you everything about their life as a trans person despite just having met you...

Lol, right? Absolutely baffling that this thread is 80% culture wars screeching, all because of a single damn letter. "Oh no, a game refers to gender non-comformity and/or intersex people, guess that means I need to disregard any potential merit it might have as a game, so no one is left with any doubt that I'm not woke/gay/i-insecure!"

An actual argument about whether that art style is gorgeous or hideous would at least be worth reading, as opposed to this inverse virtue signalling crap, time and time again
The biggest problem is moderation not doing shit about it, because somehow this website still tries to uphold that "muh free speech!" mantra instead of just throwing out the garbage that rarely talks games anyway and just fills threads with their culture war BS.
Or at least curtailing them - there is even a GD and "game drama" section that sane people avoid where the fools can have their "the world is changing, woe is mine!" chats in.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another game that the discussions will be filled with pages and pages of whining rather than any actual discussion of the game.

CodexEra gonna CodexEra I guess.

Also before my post gets entirely misconstrued, I have zero issue with people complaining about this in the context of bad writing or overt virtue signalling etc, but I do take issue when it literally takes over every discussion of the game.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Another game that the discussions will be filled with pages and pages of whining rather than any actual discussion of the game.
Something something don't make your game political in the current climate and this won't happen.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Something something don't make your game political in the current climate and this won't happen.

Sure, and I agree such shit is often extremely vapid and overt virtue signalling, but does it need to be brought up in every other post about the game?

Normally everything of worth that needs to be said about the topic is made in the first couple of posts about it.

Just reminds me of the Wrath thread where 90% of the posts were about supposed tranny propaganda (a lot of which wasn't actually accurate/real). Barely anyone discussed the often awful encounter design or how a ton of classes were poorly/wrongly implemented.

This N business has been purposely planted in by the developer, it could have easily been left out.
This tends to follow an all too predictable spiral of :-
"Its just a letter N whats the big deal"
"Politically correct just means being nice"
"Check your privilege"
"Old white dudez are to blame"
and so on.

A horse of course

What the hell is the "N" option in sex for?

Last time I checked Female starts with F. What does the N stand for?

Good question!

View attachment 30249

It's about defining how NPC should perceive you:
* MAN - everybody sees you as a typical male;
* WOMAN - other people will treat you as a stereotypical female.
And this is where N comes into play: it represents someone who lacks distinct and pronounced male or female traits. Note that it does not imply sexual orientation or how you see yourself, it is how NPC should see you.

Why is this necessary? Because this is a gameplay mechanic. For example, there is an girl who does not like men because of some trauma; she won't open up to you if you are a MAN. She will talk to a WOMAN, of course, but, also, N - if you are not so manly and macho, she will feel comfortable talking to you and that'll unlock some new dialog options, possibly a quest line. On the other hand, if you are N and meet a heterosexual woman, you can have sex (granted, your CHARM is not crap).

Think of it like this, if it helps:
MAN - that's Chad
N - that's incel

Something like that.

Just replace the "N" with an anime avatar.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Sure, and I agree such shit is often extremely vapid and overt virtue signalling, but does it need to be brought up in every other post about the game?
So long as developers keep pulling shit like this and thinking it's okay, yes.

Just reminds me of the Wrath thread where 90% of the posts were about supposed tranny propaganda (a lot of which wasn't actually accurate/real). Barely anyone discussed the often awful encounter design or how a ton of classes were poorly/wrongly implemented.
Just reinforces my point. People aren't discussing all the other shit wrong with the game because they don't care. The game is already a lost cause so why waste the energy?

Again, to all developers that may be reading this - stop shoving your stupid fucking politics into games - nobody cares. You're neither smart nor that insightful. If I wanted a cretin's take on current day events I'd go read the twitter feed of a Hollywood celebrity.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Look,the game just doesn't look all that special. No offense to its developer.
Maybe that's just me,but it looks like typical indie shit with the obligatory woke/multiple pronouns "features".
By the way,woke brigade left wing militants have taken over nearly every aspect of Western culture,from media(television,movies,video games,music) to education. This is the reality,not some myth.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Personally, I prefer just having an "optics" selection where you can select male or female body, in games where gender doesn't really play a role.

I'd rather see it the other way around - have not only your character's sex affect the game, but also their appearance. I don't mean that in any big way, of course, just small things like having additional dialog options and quest resolutions. Some games already do that for sex, but i think the game can also give some feedback for appearance - e.g. if the game tracks how much NPCs like you, you might get a bonus with an NPC with a fetish for blond hair :-P.

Again, to all developers that may be reading this - stop shoving your stupid fucking politics into games - nobody cares.

Judging from this thread there are a lot of people around here who apparently care enough to respond.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Judging from this thread there are a lot of people around here who apparently care enough to respond.
I meant people don't care about the developer's political commentary and insight.

People care that they're once again being subjected to more political preaching. Everyone is sick of that shit.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd rather see it the other way around - have not only your character's sex affect the game, but also their appearance. I don't mean that in any big way, of course, just small things like having additional dialog options and quest resolutions. Some games already do that for sex, but i think the game can also give some feedback for appearance - e.g. if the game tracks how much NPCs like you, you might get a bonus with an NPC with a fetish for blond hair :-P.
That would be interesting.
But in the current climate, that would also be opening a can of worms that I cannot imagine could ever be worth the drama.

elverkongen

Learned
By the way,woke brigade left wing militants have taken over nearly every aspect of Western culture,from media(television,movies,video games,music) to education. This is the reality,not some myth.
How the fuck did this happen and why did we let it

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Has anyone played the game, and what's your honest opinion?
i played the demo way back when the graphics looked like they were hand drawn in crayon and there were washing machine looking things all over the ship. it left a very good impression. though it does look like it's changed quite a bit from then

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom