Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Wreck finally coming to Early Access on December 5th

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

I think Lovecraft was arguing that we should judge games more on the mechanics and gamey aspects and gloss over the sjw agenda in stories , which may or may not be in this game, we don't know.
Was that what he was arguing for. His point seemed to be that you can't complain about SJW stuff in games on codex anymore, even though that is what 90% of this thread is and no one is asking for anyone to be banned.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I think Lovecraft was arguing that we should judge games more on the mechanics and gamey aspects and gloss over the sjw agenda in stories , which may or may not be in this game, we don't know.
Was that what he was arguing for. His point seemed to be that you can't complain about SJW stuff in games on codex anymore, even though that is what 90% of this thread is and no one is asking for anyone to be banned.

Idk what he was going for, but it seemed to be some appeal to neutrality, or "Both sides are just as bad"

He could clarify himself though.

I was skimming this thread on my phone earlier, so I might have missed something.

I went back and reread his post. It seems like he is disgusted with developers being forced to make these games and people who want to buy them just for mechanics?

He also seems to take issue with the low quality shitposters of the codex, which to be fair have increased over the years.

The post seems like frustration at the level of discussion also I suppose, but I think overall, I'd rather have shit posters sperging with a few good analyses of a game here and there than the d1p/GOTY shit you get on other sites.

My 2 cents anyhow.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
aint it interesting that codex is fine with multiple astrology sign options, but not genders in rpgs?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Interesting character progression over the last few days:

This entire ordeal has convinced me that when I get back to development, I'll make make some kind of gender or pronoun choice, not because it would bear any relevance in the game, but simply to mine some salt.
iu

The biggest problem is moderation not doing shit about it, because somehow this website still tries to uphold that "muh free speech!" mantra instead of just throwing out the garbage that rarely talks games anyway and just fills threads with their culture war BS.
Or at least curtailing them - there is even a GD and "game drama" section that sane people avoid where the fools can have their "the world is changing, woe is mine!" chats in.
iu

If only you'd take the hint and leave it for good.
Instead, we get your drivel.
A cruel and undeserved punishment.
iu

People who complain about such political issues should also try to make their own games (or throw money on people who can make them). Be the change you want the world to be. Talking is cheap! It is time to act and make great cRPGs!
I have a thread about my game.

Codex Year of the Donut
People who complain about such political issues should also try to make their own games (or throw money on people who can make them). Be the change you want the world to be. Talking is cheap! It is time to act and make great cRPGs!
Excuse me, this meal you served me has shit in it.
"Oooh what's wrong? Don't like to eat shit? Are you even a chef? You can't critique me if you aren't a chef!"

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Excuse me, this meal you served me has shit in it.
"Oooh what's wrong? Don't like to eat shit? Are you even a chef? You can't critique me if you aren't a chef!"
learn to cook

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Yes! It is about time we make our own RPG's with blackjack and hookers.
Can confirm, making hooker games = fun.

Unfortunately did not get to do in-depth research. :/
Why, whatever happened to your game?
he is complaining that he made a game about bj and hookers based on wikipedia articles, as opposed to trying himself
Also losing an opportunity to write off sex workers on my taxes.

Shin

Cipher
Yes! It is about time we make our own RPG's with blackjack and hookers.
Can confirm, making hooker games = fun.

Unfortunately did not get to do in-depth research. :/
Why, whatever happened to your game?
he is complaining that he made a game about bj and hookers based on wikipedia articles, as opposed to trying himself
Also losing an opportunity to write off sex workers on my taxes.
Not nearly as much fun as writing my taxes on sex workers.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
This thread is rather emblematic of one of the reasons why the Codex is not worthwhile to frequent these days.

the internet isnt worthwhile to frequent these days

politics have invaded every pore and aspect of society, including media such as movies or games

the more woke sjw shit you put in media, the more people will get mad

the problem isnt the codex, or people who are reacting to woke, the problem is putting woke everywhere

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You realise games like Fallout or Arcanum would never be made today

because u can shoot kids in the back of the head or be racist

and these games are the reason why this site was founded

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here you have agreed with me that by allowing someone to live out their fantasies, even in a fictional environment, will actually encourage their delusional beliefs.
No.
If that was so, using violence in games to live out a fantasy would increase real life violence - as has been proven more than enough times by more than enough studies by now, that's not the case.
Social media has actually been very much linked to lead to more violence at this point - but games? Nope.
Because people know that games are fantasy - but many unfortunately think that social media (especially their particular bubble with the most extreme voices in it) is real life.

My point was that you probably (? As in, I did not research this) cannot put a pedophile main char in games because that's just straight banned.
And that is because it might be seen as normalizing pedophelia, because, again, pedophelia is dangerous*.
It still would not encourage anyone to become pedophile, just like violence in games don't make anyone violent.

Meanwhile, normalizing non-binary people is fine, because non-binary people are not dangerous to anyone.
Again, it would not encourage anyone to become non-binary. Because you do not become that, you either are or aren't, even if it can take decades to find yourself.

Just being told about the existence of X and saying that that X is fine, doesn't make anyone into that X.

Yet you cannot see that 2+2=4. You are encouraging their delusions and harming them.
A man cannot ever be a woman, no matter how hard he wishes it was so. By encouraging them and telling them they can be, you are pushing them closer to the edge.
You only think they are delusional because you adhere to views that have been outdated and proven inadequate to explain real life for many decades now. Attributing anything to "illness" and "wrong" that doesn't confirm to your narrow views is a cop-out that only proves one thing: Your views are what is wrong and do not depict the real world.
Which is kinda funny, because it makes you the delusional one who is in need of help.
Like an alcoholic who claims he has no problems.

I can't stop you believing that, but at some point you'll have to realize that you are the one acting against all current scientific knowledge here, not listening to those who factually know more about it than you or me.
I just go with what the facts point to, and the facts point to non-binary people being no more or less harmful or delusional than anyone else.
If there's ever actual scientific consensus that would support your PoV, I'll go with that and eat those words - but everything is pointing into the exact opposite direction at the moment.

Btw, your second sentence doesn't make sense in this context. It seems to be about trans people.
Trans folk are not non-binary. Most of them would pick M or F just like everyone else. N is for people whose gender identity is not M or F - a minority among a minority.

* Completely off topic now, but I believe that pedos are sick individuals. As in, actually mentally ill. I pity them. They would need treatment, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any treatment that would ever cure them. While we do not have such treatment, due to the danger they pose, society is better off removing and shunning them completely, as cruel as it may be.
You seem to be viewing non-binary and trans people in the same light with the same verve, which I just really don't get. Even if I believed they are harming themselves, I'd just let them, just like I let you make yourself miserable with hatred - everyone is free to harm themselves in any way they want, as long as nobody else gets harmed.

Interesting character progression over the last few days:
How is that character progression?
I've held all of those beliefs for a long time now and never hidden them or claimed otherwise (to my knowledge, anyway).
I have no problem saying that I think this site would be MUCH better off banning or splitting off to a different website about 50-60% of its population and get back to being a website only about gaming, not one that attracts people like you because they are allowed to spew their politics here.
The reason posting quality has declined over the last years is because people like you attract their own, like a ResetEra, but from the other direction (and without the banning for people who disagree).
It certainly was a better site when it did have much less people posting on it - and those people were actualling talking for the most part about games and not politics. I sure don't like writing these non-game-related walls of text, but rusty just triggers me with his bollocks :lol:

Fairly sure I've been rather consistent with my points of view for a while now.

because u can shoot kids in the back of the heat or be racist

and these games are the reason why this site was founded
At least we know why you are here, not that there was ever much of a doubt. :lol:
Seriously, I've been here a wee bit longer (and I was a lurker before I even created an account), and no, that was not why this site was founded.

Also, can someone please split off all this nonsense into drama or whatever? I feel bad about continuing to derail :lol:
Infinitron

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Who the fuck actually plays the European version of Fallout?
Every single one of those "studies" has proven inaccurate. "OMG you can fuck whores then waste 'em and take your money back. You will become a bloodthirsty psychopath school-shooter". Kwans gonna kwan...
Your public education system is a complete and utter disaster. Ask yourselves WHY there so many school shootings and abuses happening. Don't put the blame on video games.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You only think they are delusional because you adhere to views that have been outdated and proven inadequate

"your views are outdated"

"your views are inadequate"

classic liberal horseshit

Id love to hear how they were "proven" to be inadequate in your mentally ill brain tho

somerandomdude

Learned
At best this game has a niche audience, so a decision to add fake genders in is being senselessly polarizing during a time when everything, everywhere is fucking politicized. This isn't like a Bioware game where they got enough turd-slurping homosexual manchildren who're going to consume on whatever shit Bioware shovels out. Most of the people who'd even be interested in a game like this are old school gamers who aren't into the nu-normal woke BS. And that's why putting it in a game like this is totally retarded.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Id love to hear how they were "proven" to be inadequate in your mentally ill brain tho
I could easily point you to a whole range of studies, or you could google them yourself.
Thing is, you'd just go ahead to say those aren't "real sciences" or the results are "politically motivated" or come up with some nice strawmen to tear down or some other reason just so that you can bend and twist reality to fit into that thick head of yours.
You are quite simply not worth the effort of serious discussion.

Just ask yourself this:
What is more likely?
Almost all researchers in the current medical and humanities community being wrong or people with a much lower education level (nobody likes to hear this, but it's just a statistical truth) and no actual study experience on the topic, who just flat out refuse any science they don't like by any mental gymnastics necessary and are unable to deal with a world changing around them being wrong?
Objectively, the answer is clear.
That's why I, not having studied in those fields, either, go with those that have - without going to the SJW extremes of the horseshoe and making everything about identity politics.
But somehow, you ended up in the second group. I wonder why.

At best this game has a niche audience, so a decision to add fake genders in is being senselessly polarizing during a time when everything, everywhere is fucking politicized.
The other side of the medal claims that refusing to add it makes you a racist/sexist/whatever-ist kind of asshat you'll get the same screeching from a different direction. Very likely one that'll cause much more of a shitstorm than a small-ish forum like this.
It's not the devs politicizing things (in this case, anyway), it's just a topic that doesn't really allow much neutral ground.

Most of the people who'd even be interested in a game like this are old school gamers who aren't into the nu-normal woke BS.
That's a whole lot of assumption and a whole lot of projection with a whole nothing of proof.
Pretty sure the dev could clear up what their audience (and the audience age) is better than you.... if he ever comes back.

manifest

Educated
* Completely off topic now, but I believe that pedos are sick individuals. As in, actually mentally ill. I pity them. They would need treatment, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any treatment that would ever cure them.
I know at least one 100% reliable, proven, instant cure.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
* Completely off topic now, but I believe that pedos are sick individuals. As in, actually mentally ill. I pity them. They would need treatment, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any treatment that would ever cure them.
I know at least one 100% reliable, proven, instant cure.
Nowadays it's called "a health condition", that doesn't further affect the physical health of the individual nor is transmissable. But even "a condition" is deemed too "offensive" nowadays. It's some kind of chormonal disbalance that can happen as early as in the fetal stage. A male's sexual drive being triggered by the same sex can't be called "normal", neither statistically nor biologically.

"Teaching" it to a normal male is probably also achievable with enough brainwashing from childhood age, but data on that is currently being accumulated I suppose...

EDIT: I was talking about gays, not pedos.

The trap with pedos is that we either have to admit both pedos and gays are not "normal", or we have to somehow justify pedos to society and call for their "acceptance". Which no sane person would do, because the instinct to protect your offspring gets in the way. You can only push natural order so far, thankfully.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Almost all researchers in the current medical and humanities community being wrong or people with a much lower education level (nobody likes to hear this, but it's just a statistical truth) and no actual study experience on the topic, who just flat out refuse any science they don't like by any mental gymnastics necessary and are unable to deal with a world changing around them being wrong?
https://www.statnews.com/2019/06/25/alzheimers-cabal-thwarted-progress-toward-cure/
https://www.google.com/search?q=alzheimer's+scandal

Appeal to authority harder, faggot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom