Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Wreck finally coming to Early Access on December 5th

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The result of the increased leniency towards posters who don’t post about or seem interested in RPGs
The result of increased leniency towards shilling and low standards

elverkongen

Learned

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Developers are woke.
visual design is A+, too bad the dev is SJW and amount of content is uncertain
Oh great. Is this actual woke, or did the developer say something positive about Ukraine, prompting the usual vatnigger chimpout?

Fake edit after scrolling down:
And this is where N comes into play: it represents someone who lacks distinct and pronounced male or female traits. Note that it does not imply sexual orientation or how you see yourself, it is how NPC should see you.

Why is this necessary? Because this is a gameplay mechanic. For example, there is an girl who does not like men because of some trauma; she won't open up to you if you are a MAN. She will talk to a WOMAN, of course, but, also, N - if you are not so manly and macho, she will feel comfortable talking to you and that'll unlock some new dialog options, possibly a quest line. On the other hand, if you are N and meet a heterosexual woman, you can have sex (granted, your CHARM is not crap).
:prosper:

Ah, I see. Sounds like the typical tranny fantasy of being able to go into the girl's lockeroom. This is not a good sign.

The actual game looks interesting, but if it means wading through gender politics, I'm out.

The N business is incidious, it's a sneaky signal emitted from the very beginning of where the direction the game will steer in. This is further reinforced by the game proudly stating that combat is purely optional.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This is further reinforced by the game proudly stating that combat is purely optional.
I think this can be a good sign in some cases. So long as it means there are other ways around combat, or that there aren't any Arcanum-style forced combat dungeon slogs.

But yeah, the N thing is a bad sign. I honestly don't get how so many millennials had their brains neutered by this tranny stuff. It wasn't at all popular back in 2004 when the dev appears to have joined. We used to laugh about cross dressers and transexuals openly back then. Even Hollywood did.

It's like there was a software update they all got, and now they have a different operating system.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Remove the dice animation, hide skill tags and SW still functions as intended - your success or failure being dependant on the character model you built by defining your strengths and weaknesses.
Is it removable through the options menu? I do hope so.

Yes. cc thesheeep rusty_shackleford

If you disable skill tags, it also removes dice rolls. I did not responded sooner because I was trying to implement that - I don't like to promise things that aren't done already. But it turned out that this feature is already implemented and works even in the demo; probably for years now; I think we had such concerns earlier as well.

So,there you have it - you can customize your experience to be pure and avoid metagaming.

If maxed out character loses the roll, then the alternative roll needs to be a lot easier because it's dependent on stats that the character invested 0 points into. This can easily descend either into the unsurmountable roadblock or something silly.
are there fake rolls like in disco, that are lost even on natural 20?

There are rolls marked "Impossible", but it just means that the difficulty is over 5 - maximum skill cap without bonuses. If you have 5, you still can get lucky and roll over.

But it is somewhat unlikely. Still, there are no unkillable enemies or unpickable "story" doors - everything you see is a fair game.

That's why SW can be extremely short - I don't care you find a way to obtain the fuel or chip in the first 20 seconds. If you built a character that can do it and figured out what is what, all the power to you.

There is no "intended" story arc. Do whatever you can to get the frigging chip and return to Earth. The sooner, the better.

That's what intentionally short means.

Developers are woke.
visual design is A+, too bad the dev is SJW and amount of content is uncertain
Oh great. Is this actual woke, or did the developer say something positive about Ukraine, prompting the usual vatnigger chimpout?

Fake edit after scrolling down:
And this is where N comes into play: it represents someone who lacks distinct and pronounced male or female traits. Note that it does not imply sexual orientation or how you see yourself, it is how NPC should see you.

Why is this necessary? Because this is a gameplay mechanic. For example, there is an girl who does not like men because of some trauma; she won't open up to you if you are a MAN. She will talk to a WOMAN, of course, but, also, N - if you are not so manly and macho, she will feel comfortable talking to you and that'll unlock some new dialog options, possibly a quest line. On the other hand, if you are N and meet a heterosexual woman, you can have sex (granted, your CHARM is not crap).
:prosper:

Ah, I see. Sounds like the typical tranny fantasy of being able to go into the girl's lockeroom. This is not a good sign.

The actual game looks interesting, but if it means wading through gender politics, I'm out.

The N business is incidious, it's a sneaky signal emitted from the very beginning of where the direction the game will steer in. This is further reinforced by the game proudly stating that combat is purely optional.

This is further reinforced by the game proudly stating that combat is purely optional.
I think this can be a good sign in some cases. So long as it means there are other ways around combat, or that there aren't any Arcanum-style forced combat dungeon slogs.

But yeah, the N thing is a bad sign. I honestly don't get how so many millennials had their brains neutered by this tranny stuff. It wasn't at all popular back in 2004 when the dev appears to have joined. We used to laugh about cross dressers and transexuals openly back then. Even Hollywood did.

It's like there was a software update they all got, and now they have a different operating system.

Can we designate a respected forum member to check out the demo for "woke tranny traps" and report back to quantify the actual trannyness and wokness of the game?

The demo is free, available right now, it is supposedly an hour long but it contains all the features of the full game and has at least three cases where SEX is used.

Get it here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1063540/Space_Wreck/

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can we designate a respected forum member to check out the demo for "woke tranny traps" and report back to quantify the actual trannyness and wokness of the game?
This entire ordeal has convinced me that when I get back to development, I'll make make some kind of gender or pronoun choice, not because it would bear any relevance in the game, but simply to mine some salt.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This entire ordeal has convinced me that when I get back to development, I'll make make some kind of gender or pronoun choice, not because it would bear any relevance in the game, but simply to mine some salt.
Then make every NPC refer to you as a faggot if your gender pronoun is different from your actual sex :smug:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Not sure about the content but visually it surely looks tastier than death trash and mechaniggers. Also I agree with Gandalf, robot/android is a better choice.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You included a troon option on the character creation screen. That's peak woke.

Or are we pretending enabling the mentally ill to mutilate themselves is somehow normal?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You can play as a N person and peacefully protest and culturally enrich Western society?
george-floyd-dance.gif

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You included a troon option on the character creation screen. That's peak woke.

Or are we pretending enabling the mentally ill to mutilate themselves is somehow normal?
It's less about that than it is about the explanation, which really does sound like the tranny fantasy of being about to shapeshift his way close to a vulnerable woman, and then into her bed.

Also, for me, it's not just about what's in the game, but the political bent of the developer, and his willingness to make games with any focus on it. I made the mistake of getting Pathfinder: Kingmaker in spite of the woke characters in that. Now Owlcat is churning out tranny propaganda non-stop.

I will probably give the demo a shot nonetheless, just to see for myself, since it will likely be discussed on the Codex for some time.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
This N thing doesn't look very immersive. Would be cool if you swap it into some kind of interesting word like robot, android or something that would keep the meaning of N without being named N.
For true immersion, N characters should get to take hormone pills that give them access to an "ITS MAAM" berserker mode.

They should also have a 41% critical failure rate in combat.
I believe that is what we've been pretending for a while now, yes.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
lol this thread.

Played the demo a couple months ago. It's great and hooked me up hard. You people are all idiots for not even trying it.
Today you play game with three genders. In 10 years you suck nigger cock in order to unlock your Steam account. Slippery slope is real. I'm not joking. Laugh all you want, you're all lifeless cucks if you have nothing better to do with your life but play woke game just because it might be good. NO MERCY TO WOKE. KILL KILL KILL WOKE BEFORE IT KILLS YOU

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Today you play game with three genders. In 10 years you suck nigger cock in order to unlock your Steam account.
Too late. Westerners already worship niggers,thinking they have superpowers or something.
Meanwhile they have their daughters groomed to hate the idea of family/having offspring,thinking it is desirable to be a dumb slut,while the boys are on hormone blockers and completely emasculated.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
lol this thread.

Played the demo a couple months ago. It's great and hooked me up hard. You people are all idiots for not even trying it.
Lol, right? Absolutely baffling that this thread is 80% culture wars screeching, all because of a single damn letter. "Oh no, a game refers to gender non-comformity and/or intersex people, guess that means I need to disregard any potential merit it might have as a game, so no one is left with any doubt that I'm not woke/gay/i-insecure!"

An actual argument about whether that art style is gorgeous or hideous would at least be worth reading, as opposed to this inverse virtue signalling crap, time and time again

The result of increased leniency towards shilling and low standards
It's not shilling to actually want to talk about games, as opposed to simply obsessing over inferred political values.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom