Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Soul Hackers 2 - SMT spinoff (PS4/5, XBO/S/X, Steam 8/2022)

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
think persona 5 also had that?

Anyway because of dlc bullshit Im not going to buy this. Dungeons are really shit based on videos just empty corridors. Guess I play it if it gets cracked

Arthandas

Prophet
Guess I play it if it gets cracked
D7IpqwDX4AE9BmM.jpg

cruel

Cipher
The game has a 2h trial available on PS4 / PS5, for PS Plus Premium owners. I made a mistake of installing it, and it is as mediocre as you would expect. Generic story, boring characters, bad pacing, horrible writing. Combat seems to be OK, but who cares if everything else is so bland. Buy only on a deep discount or if you're really dying to play an Atlus game.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Ereshkigal

Educated
The mistake was selling it as a Soul Hackers sequel when it's clear it had nothing to do with it and didn't even seem to have helped its sales. I wonder if reception would've improved had it been treated as a new IP.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I dunno if it being a new IP would have changed much.. I’ll wait ‘til it hits the bargain bin, I still can’t stomach that price

Nathir

Liturgist
The mistake was selling it as a Soul Hackers sequel when it's clear it had nothing to do with it and didn't even seem to have helped its sales. I wonder if reception would've improved had it been treated as a new IP.

Tying it to Soul Hackers has had zero overall impact on the game.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
It's the most soulless SMT out there. That should tell you a lot.

grimace

Arcane

Endemic

Arcane
Original script is:
"You can fool the Grim Reaper, but you can't fool me. You know." She even uses English for the you know.

Must have been too Japanese for translators sake, you know.

Good thing people like Ghostlight and fan translations exist to avoid these bullshit Americanisms.

Palomides

Augur
Original script is:
"You can fool the Grim Reaper, but you can't fool me. You know." She even uses English for the you know.

Must have been too Japanese for translators sake, you know.

Good thing people like Ghostlight and fan translations exist to avoid these bullshit Americanisms.
They don't seem to be getting much high-profile or popular work these days, unfortunately.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Is Ghostlight even to be trusted after the Mary Skelter censorship debacle?

Sentinel

Arcane

flyingjohn

Arcane
https://www.segasammy.co.jp/japanese/ir/library/pdf/settlement/2023/20221102_main_qa_j_final.pdf

What is your assessment of the status of the new titles released in Q2?
Although "Soul Hackers 2" is currently struggling to reach the expected sales level, we believe that it is a title that can be sold over the long term, and we will continue to aim for sales expansion through updates and other measures.
Just deal with it and take the L Atlus.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
https://www.segasammy.co.jp/japanese/ir/library/pdf/settlement/2023/20221102_main_qa_j_final.pdf

What is your assessment of the status of the new titles released in Q2?
Although "Soul Hackers 2" is currently struggling to reach the expected sales level, we believe that it is a title that can be sold over the long term, and we will continue to aim for sales expansion through updates and other measures.
Just deal with it and take the L Atlus.
And never create such soulless shit again.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
https://atlus.com/soul-hackers-2-ver-1-02/
Atlus West

Soul Hackers 2 Ver. 1.02​

Thank you for playing Soul Hackers 2! This release is Soul Hackers 2, version 1.02.
A full list of changes can be found below:
Newly added functions:
■ Dash function
A “Dash” function has been added to Ringo’s movement.
The user can toggle between “Normal” and “Dash” at will. While in Dash Mode, Ringo’s walking and slashing speeds will increase.
Due to the addition of the dash function, the effect of the Summoner Skill “Assassin’s Steps” has been changed to: “For a given distance, enemies will ignore Ringo.”
■ Fast Battle Mode
A “Speed Up” mode has been added to battles. Players may freely toggle between normal and high-speed combat.
■ Adjustments
Adjusted how long loading-screen tips are shown.
Changed the flow of on-screen prompts during soul level increase to reduce the risk of incorrect input from accidental button presses.
Added the ability to teleport directly to shops from the City Map.
Adjusted enemy spawn rate in dungeons.
Adjusted skill inheritance rates during demon fusion.
Other minor changes.
■ Other changes
Added four new demons: Pixie (Soul Hackers Ver.), Neko Shogun, Aitvaras, and Isis.
Note: The above bonus demons do not count toward the Registration Percentage in the Demon Compendium or the achievement “Compendium Completionist”.
Thank you again for your continued support of Soul Hackers 2!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom