Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Soul Hackers 2 - SMT spinoff (PS4/5, XBO/S/X, Steam 8/2022)

Puukko

Arcane
I see no mention of Denuvo. It should be there already assuming the game has it, right?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I think that Denuvo might be the smallest problem of this game. Is anyone here actually hyped about the game? There is like nothing that really stood out so far regarding the trailers.

Puukko

Arcane
I think that Denuvo might be the smallest problem of this game. Is anyone here actually hyped about the game? There is like nothing that really stood out so far regarding the trailers.
Well, it is the one thing that would prevent me from playing it so I'm concerned. I'll likely play the game at launch, though Atlus can go suck a fat one with their day one DLC.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
bonus story arc and new dungeon dlc
8 demons dlc

guess it is a torrent game then

N0rn

Novice

That doesn't really inspire confidence in me. It really seems like they try to appeal to the Persona side. Surroundings and demons look nice, though, but the atmosphere really gets kicked down by having the MC run around with a glow-up polygon jacket.

Jinn

Arcane
My interest in this has recently been piqued. While it's not necessarily what I'd like to see as a successor for this sub-series in terms of aesthetic and tone, it's still more interesting in concept than a lot of what's out there. If they follow through with some decently challenging gameplay and fun exploration, I could see myself getting it for around $45 or so. Reportedly clocks in at 50ish hours of gameplay too.

Jinn

Arcane
Atlus gonna Atlus (with SEGA nodding approvingly behind them, of course). Yeah, the DLC sucks ass, but it's also essentially an extra dungeon with a megaboss in it. I think I could easily live without it. Especially since I can get the base game off of Gamebillet for the $45 I was willing to spend. Denuvo is shit, but it's also never actually stopped me from buying a game. And it's clear that companies - particularly Japanese companies - are going to use it either way.

Regardless, despite not really caring to support either of these practices, I do want to support Atlus games coming to the PC, and I want to support them doing a game that doesn't revolve around highschoolers and romance.

Still going to hold off until I can read a review from at least a somewhat trustworthy source, but I'm liking the majority of what I'm seeing. Just did some jumping around through this extended gameplay video.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
I see no mention of Denuvo. It should be there already assuming the game has it, right?
Denuvo will be present in all atlus pc titles and will not be removed.Persona 4 golden still hasn't removed Denuvo.
It is a sega thing.

Puukko

Arcane
Denuvo will be present in all atlus pc titles and will not be removed.Persona 4 golden still hasn't removed Denuvo.
It is a sega thing.
Yeah the warning is up there now (not actually sure if it's Augmented Steam that does that, or Steam itself)

So uh, what's the success rate on Denuvo cracks these days? Asking for a friend.

flyingjohn

Arcane
It is a sega thing.
Yeah the warning is up there now (not actually sure if it's Augmented Steam that does that, or Steam itself)

So uh, what's the success rate on Denuvo cracks these days? Asking for a friend.
Your only chance is to donate money to a deranged tranny who will crack it.
You also have to outbid her simps who put large sums to crack popular shit.

Jinn

Arcane
The more gameplay I see, the more certain I am that I'm going to enjoy this game a lot. Watching the extended gameplay I posted above in particular. I get the knee-jerk reaction people initially had to the different art and atmosphere, but even that is growing on me now that I've seen more environments and the city in general.

Now just hoping Very Hard mode packs the punch that's needed.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Even the average gaming journos are calling the game out on how bland it is.GameSpot of all people, complains about dungeon design.
Unless the game's very hard mode is a masterpiece this seems like a hard pass.

Jinn

Arcane
Yep, dungeon design is the one thing I needed confirmation on, and it seems to be where they dropped the ball. It's too bad, because if they had created some great dungeons to explore, I would have been happy with everything else on offer. I figured with the director of Strange Journey on board there was a chance. Oh well.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The game is trying really hard to cater to a """""certain"""" audience. You guys certainly DID NOT expect Soul Hackers 1 like dungeons, ... or did you?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Yep, dungeon design is the one thing I needed confirmation on, and it seems to be where they dropped the ball. It's too bad, because if they had created some great dungeons to explore, I would have been happy with everything else on offer. I figured with the director of Strange Journey on board there was a chance. Oh well.
There are mentions of some semblance of quality later on,but that is 15+ hours in.
So doubtful,anybody is gonna slog through all of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom