Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Soul Hackers 2 - SMT spinoff (PS4/5, XBO/S/X, Steam 8/2022)

flyingjohn

Arcane

They just won't shut the fuck up during battle.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
reviews

Based on reviews difficulty is easy even on hard so let's hope very hard dlc does not make combat braindead easy. SMT5 difficulty was fine on hard so similar would be nice.

flyingjohn

Arcane
This game has fortnite zoomer memes.
1660845844162316.png

Jinn

Arcane
I should really just learn Japanese at this point if localizations are in the hands of the next generation. Might be the thing that finally pushes me into it.

Modron

Arcane
10,000 Kanji to read at a 3rd Grade equivalent. Just make lots of money and hire autists to directly translate everything.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I should really just learn Japanese at this point if localizations are in the hands of the next generation. Might be the thing that finally pushes me into it.
Persona 5 was the one that did this to me. Do it bro. You will be able to enjoy Japanese media so much more in it's original language. Even with a good translation so much nuance is lost when translating to English.

Deflowerer

Arcane
10,000 Kanji to read at a 3rd Grade equivalent. Just make lots of money and hire autists to directly translate everything.

Full fluency comes around 2,100 kanji. Even Chinese which is more reliant on characters brings you to full fluency at 4k characters.

Terra

Cipher
I know I'm probably late since I've not been keeping an eye on this, but have been expecting Atlus to pull an Atlus and seems they have. The hell's going on with the dlc shenanigans for this game, atlus wants another ÂŁ10 (cheapest from keysites) on top of the base price to reclaim a bunch of missing classic demons they've lifted out the game pre-release. Base price is ÂŁ50 vs ÂŁ75 here for said demons, some costumes and a story arc we know nothing about. Mara is dlc ffs, what is the world coming to.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I care enough to keep watching for a crack. I probably would have bought it last night if not for the dlc. Obviously I'm pissed that you have to pay to get Mara.

grimace

Arcane

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/soul-hackers-2-day-one-dlc-is-bad-business
https://archive.ph/5Ibnm

Soul Hackers 2 is the latest RPG under the Shin Megami Tensei umbrella from Atlus. But before the game’s release on August 26, Atlus announced day one paid DLC for Soul Hackers 2 that includes an entire “bonus” story arc.

“Lost Numbers” should have been part of Soul Hackers 2 to help alleviate the game’s biggest problems.
In our review, we said that the game “trims too many systems leaving only a bare-bones experience.” Most reviewers were able to roll credits in under 30 hours. By comparison, Persona 5 and other games from the SMT family can easily clock in at 100+ hours. Soul Hackers 2 feels empty, only leaving the player to trudge through monotonous dungeons for most of the game.

The entirety of the “Lost Numbers” DLC content makes it feel like a punishment to players who only own the base game.

Inverse double dipping with fair and balanced perspectives?

Patient gamers are rewarded with the definitive and complete experience?

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I care enough to keep watching for a crack. I probably would have bought it last night if not for the dlc. Obviously I'm pissed that you have to pay to get Mara.

Lol they really put Denuvo on it.
$0 from me and my rich wallet. There will be plenty of Trails into Reverie swimsuits to enjoy instead, I'm sure.

Puukko

Arcane
Watching a buddy stream it right now. It's Persona lite. Linear so far with front loaded exposition. They're name dropping a lot, like it's desparate to prove it's a real Devil Summoner game. Don't care for the tone of the writing. The first boss is a SoundCloud rapper.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I love how the average journo is actually correct about this game's flaws while the average gamers are completely wrong.Everybody is jumping to defend this game,including practically the entire smt youtube scene,for some reason?
Reminds me of the old days,when the journos had some credibility.Oh,and the harshest review is written by a tranny lover,it just keeps getting better.
Edit:Also,the constant love boner for finally having "adult" character sis mystifying?
They act and talk like children.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Anyone here actually playing it? How bad is the soundtrack?

Arthandas

Prophet
This game is shit

There's a fucking "assist button" to automatically use the most optimal move on the best target...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom