Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sequel to Fallout: New Vegas possible?

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Might this be a hint of something? Probably not, but who knows.

Louisiana field notes booklets behind instagram link.

Fallout New Orleans ?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Bethesda continues to release progressively worse versions of their engine, making it harder for Obsidian to do anything worth while with it.

New Vegas was already mired in the problems created by fallout 3, imagine working with the Fallout 4 iteration of gamebryo and trying to squeeze some proper rpg mechanics out of it...

I don't want an obsidian fallout fps.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
New Vegas was already mired in the problems created by fallout 3, imagine working with the Fallout 4 iteration of gamebryo and trying to squeeze some proper rpg mechanics out of it...
Yes because there have been such incredible rpg systems changes in FO4.

The engine is much improved and it's not particularly hard to fix or add more stuff as necessary, even for modders considering what they did with previous games.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

The engine is much improved and it's not particularly hard to fix or add more stuff as necessary, even for modders considering what they did with previous games.
Well, I can't imagine Bethesda going for a scenario where obsidian reintroduced skills, completely remade the perk system, changed the dialogue system, changed vats.

New Vegas refined some systems from fallout 3, it didn't wholesale remove or change them completely I think.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Well, I can imagine Bethesda going for a scenario where obsidian reintroduced skills, completely remade the perk system, changed the dialogue system, changed vats.

New Vegas refined some systems from fallout 3, it didn't wholesale remove or change them completely I think.
I don't think any of that stuff really needs to be changed significantly, only refined/rebalanced like in FO3->FNV. Just dialogue that requires a complete revamp, but that should be trivial.

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron
Obsidian codenames most of their games after states right? Couldn't this just be teasing a "Project Louisiana"?

EDIT:

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
So I guess I'm the only NCR supporter here. :kfc:

No, you are not the only one. Legionfags got it going just because Legion use football stuffs, so those crazy fans just get selfblinded on their eventually fate. In term of ingame consistency, NCR would beat Legion in no time flat. If nothing else, Legion is a powderkeg waiting to explode, either on the death of Caesar, or some slave revolts. They dont have anything else other than Caesar longterm to hold the whole thing together.

Bonerbill

Augur
No, you are not the only one. Legionfags got it going just because Legion use football stuffs, so those crazy fans just get selfblinded on their eventually fate. In term of ingame consistency, NCR would beat Legion in no time flat. If nothing else, Legion is a powderkeg waiting to explode, either on the death of Caesar, or some slave revolts. They dont have anything else other than Caesar longterm to hold the whole thing together.

There are other factions in the game faggot. You don't have to be a legioln supporter to hate the NCR.

Endemic

Arcane
Most players went Wild Card, according to the Steam statistics.

Ironically, the "good" faction of the wastes (Followers of the Apocalypse) are partly responsible for both Caesar's rise\the Legion and Benny's plan to blindside House. Oh, and the ability for the Courier to go Wild Card in the first place with the modified Yes Man program. Wait, there's more: they helped the Khans learn how to make drugs, which ended up being used for narcotics production rather than medicine. The Fiends are fueled in part by the Khans' drug dealing.

Okay, Obsidian, you got me. :negative:

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I can only hope they allow Obsidian to go back to the skills system and non-voiced protagonists. If not, fuck it.

Nines

Learned
The engine is much improved
Zenithesda is making so much money from their overpriced and overrated hiking games, they should have already wrote their own engine from scratch. completely bug free, stable, adapted for their own needs and easy for modders. Instead, they're recycling the old code back from 00s. Like calling it Creating Engine has changed something (but she's got a new hat!). Fucking shame.
:killit:

Zerginfestor

Learned
Seeing how butthurt Bethesda is with Obsidian on almost every change with New Vegas gave out, I seriously doubt they want to give it to Obsidian and look like idiots again when Obsidian cranks something out that's far better than Derpout 4.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Haha there are still people who think Obsidian project names have anything to do with what they're about.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Where does this belief come from that Bethesda is butthurt about New Faggot? It brought them more shekels than FO3.

pippin

Where does this belief come from that Bethesda is butthurt about New Faggot? It brought them more shekels than FO3.

It's the perception that people has, because the community tends to think New Vegas is better, that it's better because it had Black Isle people on it, and that it's better than what Bethesda usually does. Besides, it seems Todd was surprised by NV, which is read as jealousy.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Because a lot of people here don't like Bethesda, and people have a strong tendency to demonize things they don't like. So in their minds Bethesda turns into a bunch of comic book villains who are pettily jealous of Obsidian and for some reason wanted to pay Obsidian so they would make a bad game that wouldn't sell well so they could feel better about themselves or something. They don't really have any logical reason to think that Bethesda is upset at Obsidian for making New Vegas. They just don't like Bethesda so they want to attribute negative traits to them.

"They envy your freedoms." Or they're just douchebags fueled by their own narcissistic and idiotic belief. Applies both to Bethesda and terrorists.

Nines

Learned
Because a lot of people here don't like Bethesda, and people have a strong tendency to demonize things they don't like.
Indeed, it's such a great company. so unfairly offended by people who apparently like to... demonize stuff just for the sake of it. Demonizing or not, QA was on them, and they decided to ship New Vegas in the state it was, but Obsidian had to deal with the shitstorm (because hurr durr, Obsidian = bugs), and possible bankruptcy. That's enough for me not to like them.

Nines

Learned
So which is it. Did Obsidian do such a good job with New Vegas that Bethesda is jealous of them and won't let them touch Fallout again because it will make Bethesda look bad, or was New Vegas so bad (but it was actually Bethesda's fault) that it almost bankrupted Obsidian?
This question is not for me. I believe the tops of Zenithesda are so far away from the gaming world, they can't even be jealous about this to begin with. New Vegas was already sold prior the release, and they shipped several millions of copies of it, so there were no reasons for them to worry. However, it's interesting that seeing how good New Vegas was, some people now give downvotes to Fallout 4.

But that's not what I meant. You're trying to rationalize things, when people don't like Zenithesda because of some particular reasons.

New Vegas had a relatively short production cycle, and giving a proper time, release could've been much better. Several reviewers gave the game a score less than 80, because of the bugs (on PC), resulting in losing a hefty sum from the sales (we're talking about millions here). The publisher knew what impact it could make on the independent studio, and decided to ship it anyway (just like LucasArts did with KotOR II).

But that's just one reason. There's some really shady shit happening behind the curtains when it comes to Zenithesda. It's just some people don't have the guts to say it aloud like Avellone did.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Is a New Vegas sequel possible? Some one could guess that Bethesda outsourcing their main titles might be over since they are opening a new studio in Montreal.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/09/bethesda-opens-new-games-studio

Cool find.. I gave it a quick read

IGN said:
The studio will be managed by Yves Lachance. Lachance worked with Behavior Interactive, the studio behind the iOS and Android versions of Fallout tie-in Fallout Shelter.

Based on this...

IGN said:
Bethesda Game Studios is opening a new office in Montreal, Quebec. The new studio is intended to expand Bethesda's current development capabilities in "console, PC, and mobile gaming."

Something tells me this studio will be less about Console and PC.. and more about that third one....

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why would they, with dumbfucks, many of them here on the Codex, giving them millions of dollars to produce first person shooter "Fallouts?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom