Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

janior

Arcane
Patron
Played it for about an hour, combat seems really shallow so far, it's just L1/circle fest, doesn't seem like there are any multistring combos either/
Are there any weapons in the game or is it just the sword?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Question for a situation a fair chunk into the game.
Was there a trick to getting past the yuge snake in the sunken valley to get the serpent viscera? I felt sure I was going to use the precious bait here to lure it away from the entrance to the temple, but I didn't find anywhere to put it. Otherwise I thought maybe there was a trick with the cowering monkey right next to it. What ended up happening is that I just mist feathered past its attacks.

Edit: never mind, turns out the game spells it out for you shortly after.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Question for a situation a fair chunk into the game.
Was there a trick to getting past the yuge snake in the sunken valley to get the serpent viscera? I felt sure I was going to use the precious bait here to lure it away from the entrance to the temple, but I didn't find anywhere to put it. Otherwise I thought maybe there was a trick with the cowering monkey right next to it. What ended up happening is that I just mist feathered past its attacks.
Have you killed the elegant monkeys?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Speaking of the monkeys, I really wish they'd have forced me to figure out what was going on. It was clearly supposed to be a puzzle fight but I just sprinted around all over the place and killed a bunch of monkeys and then the fight ended.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Speaking of the monkeys, I really wish they'd have forced me to figure out what was going on. It was clearly supposed to be a puzzle fight but I just sprinted around all over the place and killed a bunch of monkeys and then the fight ended.
Still one of the best gimmick bosses they've ever made.

You need to use the ninjutsu you get after killing the monkeys

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I didn't figure out what the gimmick was or how to solve it, so to me it was a nothing fight. I liked the armoured warrior a lot, though. That was a very cool trick.
Yeah, I paid the old crone some rice and she told me, but I'd already gotten past the snek at that point.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Played it for about an hour, combat seems really shallow so far, it's just L1/circle fest, doesn't seem like there are any multistring combos either/

There are but sword is always primary.

Anyway, play Nioh if you want combo stuff.

It's all about precision and flawless execution of movements. Stop worrying and embrace the dance!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I didn't figure out what the gimmick was or how to solve it, so to me it was a nothing fight. I liked the armoured warrior a lot, though. That was a very cool trick.
Yeah, I paid the old crone some rice and she told me, but I'd already gotten past the snek at that point.
You didn't notice the panel drawings and stuff?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Sure I did, there's a cutscene that highlights them before the fight starts. No idea what it means. I just killed some monkeys, man. Took me like 2 minutes.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Sure I did, there's a cutscene that highlights them before the fight starts. No idea what it means. I just killed some monkeys, man. Took me like 2 minutes.
:lol: Ok. I mean, while significantly more efficient and I'm not sure what you did, it sounds way less fun and interesting.

But not even

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Well sure, that was my immediate thought when I saw the panels. Did it have anything to do with the actual fight? I dunno. Some of the monkeys were invisible, so I guess that fits with see no evil? I dunno, I just killed some monkeys, man.

Like I said, I would have liked to be forced to understand what was going on.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Well sure, that was my immediate thought when I saw the panels. Did it have anything to do with the actual fight? I dunno. Some of the monkeys were invisible, so I guess that fits with see no evil? I dunno, I just killed some monkeys, man.

Like I said, I would have liked to be forced to understand what was going on.

No I get that. I think they did a reasonably good job of that. As I say, I'm not sure what you did. I suspect that most people's experience was closer to mine with a lot of really fast running away dickbag monkeys.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Owl is my favourite boss of the game so far. Took me many attempts to beat his first phase, and many more to beat the second. That poison is a bitch.

I made it a couple of bonfires into the Fountainhead place before coming to the realization that what I really wanted to do was fight him again via the boss replay thingy. Funnily enough it took me almost as many attempts to bring him down the second time around. Next time I play I'm thinking I'll do him a third time.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Owl is my favourite boss of the game so far. Took me many attempts to beat his first phase, and many more to beat the second. That poison is a bitch.

I made it a couple of bonfires into the Fountainhead place before coming to the realization that what I really wanted to do was fight him again via the boss replay thingy. Funnily enough it took me almost as many attempts to bring him down the second time around. Next time I play I'm thinking I'll do him a third time.
If you've enjoyed him so much than stop now and read up on the "Purification Ending". If you complete a few p. cryptic steps you can face a much beefed up version of him. It's the second hardest boss in the game (some people would say THE hardest).

If you've enjoyed him so much than stop now and read up on the "Purification Ending". If you complete a few p. cryptic steps you can face a much beefed up version of him. It's the second hardest boss in the game (some people would say THE hardest).

I have trouble understanding that reputation of second Owl version, as I always had less problem with that one. He's not throwing heal blockers or poison around which makes him way less annoying to deal with for me.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
please sirs, not the heckin spoilerinos

I'm not going to look anything up for this playthrough, but I'm feeling an immediate replay coming on. Gonna swallow the wiki for that one.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
please sirs, not the heckin spoilerinos
It's only a half-spoiler, it's no secret there are different endings and to get that specific one you'll have to follow a guide anyways, you aren't gonna figure it out yourself due to FromSoft being FromSoft.

The fact a beefed up Owl is in one of the endings is kindda spoilery, I just thought you might wanna branch into that ending right now given how much you enjoyed the vanilla Owl. My bad then.

Sword Saint Isshin would eat all 40 forms of Owl for breakfast, sauteed owl, baked owl, deep fried owl, ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom