Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Rumor] Bioware to get Warhammer 40k licence

A volatile cocktail of drugs, hormones, surgery and implants that is known to have a very high rate of mortality, even amongst those with who meet the strict genetic and physical requirements?

Yeah, sure. I bet Bioware could pull it off.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait i just remembered that Imperial Guard has no problem conscripting females alongside males to throw in the grinder. Why then all the fuss about SM? Not to mention Eldar of both flavors but then fantasy elves have always had female warriors.
Tradition and dogma. Seriously, the Blessed Astartes have been created by the God Emperor himself, using the genetic information from his own sons. He made no female Space Marines, so obviously any female superhumans are HERESY.
Also you keep forgetting that W40k is retarded. ;)

Eldar are Space faggots whose debauchery and decadence led to creation of Chaos god Slaanesh and Eye of Terror; Imperial Guard conscripts everybody and is above the attrition rates of Red Army in WWII and I doubt it is sending pregnant Navy and Army Women home; The Fact that God Emperor used the Warrior gender as baseline for His Angels of Death proves only that he is not Librul from XX century white Suburbia... Deal With it. :smug:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think mixed IG regiments aren't that common, but there are plenty of all male and all female ones. Read it in the Ciaphas Cain books.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's just that GW do not actually mass produce the female IG models, so you don't see them that often playing TT.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The very obvious reason as to why there aren't any male Space Marines is that they've always been male and the Sisters of Battle have always been female. It's been that way since the days the Emperor was still able to walk and I'd imagine that unlike today's society, any turbofeminist who tries to second guess it would be incinerated for HERESY.

If you want to fight in a force that'll accept you regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation, join the fucking Imperial Guard. So long as you're not a mutant or a heretic, they'll be more than happy for you to volunteer as a meat shield.
I think mixed IG regiments aren't that common, but there are plenty of all male and all female ones. Read it in the Ciaphas Cain books.
Yeah, distinctly remember the second or third book in the series mentioning that mixed-regiments are pretty rare, along with them outlining the obvious reasons behind this. Also definitely remember them confirming that there are nigras in the IG (The second book had a segment where Ciaphas Cain notes how a volunteer from a Tallarn regiment whose name escapes me's ebony skin contrasted with the stark whiteness of the ice behind her).

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
TROLLS FOR THE TROLL GOD!!
LULZ FOR THE LULZ THRONE?
5.jpg

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you want to fight in a force that'll accept you regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation, join the fucking Imperial Guard. So long as you're not a mutant or a heretic, they'll be more than happy for you to volunteer as a meat shield.
2E Penal Legion fluff says anything goes - Beastmen, mutants, whatever.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Full of WH40K apologists here, well, the way to make it a great game with this license is obvious, play as Chaos, as was intended from the beginning, but I guess that the WCDS hordes will never get that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, as long as it can be used as a meatshield, it goes. Just don't expect much in the way of arms and armor. Or survival.

Also, sisters of battle are female because Imperial law states that the church may not have men of arms and LOOPHOLE: this does not prohibit women.

If you're going to go by lore - the Imperial Guard are all highly trained soldiers, the best of the best from their respective planets. Because, you know, having your tithe of manpower being useless as fuck tends to have a negative effect on the planet being ignored by your benevolent overlords. The chaff is kept as the PDF, which to take a Codex equivalent - these would the mods assigned to clean up after Andhaira and to keep GD from being too much of a cesspool.

Of course that has, is, and will be completely overruled.

evdk

Patron
If you're going to go by lore - the Imperial Guard are all highly trained soldiers, the best of the best from their respective planets. Because, you know, having your tithe of manpower being useless as fuck tends to have a negative effect on the planet being ignored by your benevolent overlords. The chaff is kept as the PDF, which to take a Codex equivalent - these would the mods assigned to clean up after Andhaira and to keep GD from being too much of a cesspool.

Of course that has, is, and will be completely overruled.
Consistent fluff? In my 40k? Haha.

Seriously, depending on the writer's mood (and bias) one squad of Space Marines can channel Emprah's Righteous Fureh and defeat entire planetary population of Chaos Cultists or stop a mid sized Waaagh in its tracks. Of course an entire Company can be slaughtered by a solitary Lictor, because why not? It all comes down to who writes the fluff and for which codex.

The very obvious reason as to why there aren't any male Space Marines is that they've always been male and the Sisters of Battle have always been female. It's been that way since the days the Emperor was still able to walk

The Adepta Sororitas was created in the 36th millennium, far far after the death of the emperor. Gooby pls

evdk

Patron
Sisters of Battle, Sisters of Silence... I mean who cares? :troll:

And SoB come to be in a part due to the first Cannones's secret audience at the God Emperor himself after which she killed Vandire and ended the Age of Strife, so the Emprah has his hand in that too.

Kirtai

Augur
The primarchs were originally meant to be the prototypes for a new post-human species. Both males and females would have been made after they proved themselves but then the Horus Heresy totally derailed those plans and the original primarchs turned out to be the only ones and the Space Marines were based on the existing primarchs they had to be male since the only available templates were male. Then again there's the two missing primarchs but there lies flame wars.

What a fucking waste of braincells knowing all this is.

Borelli

Arcane

Also, sisters of battle are female because Imperial law states that the church may not have men of arms and LOOPHOLE: this does not prohibit women.
English language lol. I guess "people at arms" doesn't sound too medieval cool.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The very obvious reason as to why there aren't any male Space Marines is that they've always been male and the Sisters of Battle have always been female. It's been that way since the days the Emperor was still able to walk

The Adepta Sororitas was created in the 36th millennium, far far after the death of the emperor. Gooby pls

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom