Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Rumor] Bioware to get Warhammer 40k licence

vLaFX.jpg

:eek: What happened to MCA?

Oh wait, he was attacked by an Arcanum wolf.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
At least it's just another spehss mehreen wankery, I'd hate to see Bioware ruining something with potential like a Dark Heresy CRPG. Also good that they don't get to shit on the blood magpies.

Random

Arcane
Patron
The very obvious reason as to why there aren't any male Space Marines is that they've always been male and the Sisters of Battle have always been female. It's been that way since the days the Emperor was still able to walk

The Adepta Sororitas was created in the 36th millennium, far far after the death of the emperor. Gooby pls

True, but there were the Sisters of Silence before them and they did exactly the same fucking thing except with less FAITH retardation.

lightbane

Arcane
It's quite funny that Black Crusade/Only war (the latest wh40k games) made Lasguns an quite effective starting weapon, to the point you could actually kill people with it (moreso with upgrades) :lol:.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well.... the lasgun is still pretty shit. Especially compared to "real" weapons like plasma or bolters. The long las has been ridiculously good since the first errata though.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
True, but there were the Sisters of Silence before them and they did exactly the same fucking thing except with less FAITH retardation.
SoS still exist operating the Black Ships, presumably.

Sources Brother? And If God Emperor was aware of Insidious Chaos to the point of creating His private own Proto Inquisition to combat it why the Primarchs were not warned?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh? Of course the Emperor was aware of Chaos, that's why he tried to force the Imperial Creed on everyone, it just backfired spectacularly.
My sources re: SoS are somewhere in the W30k books, I think in one of the short stories.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Heh I can see the origin stories now, Eldar seer apprentice, Space Marine scout, Imperial Guardsmen and ork grunt. Any of them can join the inquisition because chaos is TOO powerfull, the secret ritual to let you join is drinking some khorne daemon blood.

Tytus

Arcane
Heh I can see the origin stories now, Eldar seer apprentice, Space Marine scout, Imperial Guardsmen and ork grunt. Any of them can join the inquisition because chaos is TOO powerfull, the secret ritual to let you join is drinking some khorne daemon blood.

Nah, not the chaos. But a race of ancient living machines that wants to wipe out all life in the galaxy - Necrons. But at the end it turns out they're only doing this so you won't be killed by Chaos Gods.

LivingOne

Savant
BSN reactions:

Darth Brotarian wrote...

How is bioware going to do their rag tag team story in a universe where pretty much every race is homicidally racist against eachother?

Also, if this is true, than I fear for all the elf romance demand threads that will arise.​

It will be a series of misunderstandings.
lol.png

Bioware is too hippie to make something out of Warhammer 40k without adulterating the nonsense of it.

Also I would like to romance a Tyranid.
I want S/S romance with a Necron.

Volus Warlord wrote...
Also I would like to romance a Tyranid.​

A shy geeky tyranid?
And people will want the tau to be the quarians, and have a sexy tau techy to be part of your team.
These ones are all troll posts in case someone wans't sure.:M

Hopefully this is true. I've always wanted a tranny Spess Mehreen.

Just think.

In the game we can meet and befriend a Necron Lord, who will keep asking us if it has a soul, we'll have a Tau engineer that joins up as part of some right of passage, and she'll love to use made up curse words. An Eldar scientist, who's real shy and specializes in studying the Old Ones will join up as well, followed by an old Ork Warboss, an unsanctioned psyker with a troubled childhood, a couple other space marines, and one imperial guardsmen who doesn't like authority, and is kinda a loner.

Together you and your motley crew must stop the Chaos Gods from destroying the galaxy.

I'd buy it.

It will be hilarious when the BSN social justice crusader types start posting their suggestions for such a game.

Inquisitor Recon wrote...

TheBlackBaron wrote...
I'm fairly certain sex isn't even a thing space marines think about. They'll have nothing to suggest.​

You think that will stop BSN?

So, with Bioware will we get the first gay Space Marine (maybe in pink armor) or the first lesbian Sister of Battle?

I can't wait to see Orks as a misunderstood honorable savage race that we need to recruit to fight the Necron.

Lol, I'd pay money to see this, just for the comedy value and the ensuing train wreck or outcries and delicious tears if they adhere to the lore and universe of 40k.

Wait, the tears of the social justice crusaders and tolerance fanatics if Bioware sticks to the lore, or the tears of the purists and nostalgians if they disregard chunks of it to soften it?
I'll do what I always do when a company craps all over the universe. Refuse to acknowledge it exists. I've done that with the current re write of the 40k universe lore and silly additions. I don't acknowledge the existence of anything after the 4th edition.

I'll simply laugh at the train wreck Bioware makes of it, or if they stick to the lore, then I laugh at the tears of the social justice crusaders. Either way, I win.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Bioware really can't outshine the master, though, no matter what derp they introduce.

DSOrk.jpg

MATT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bioware really can't outshine the master, though, no matter what derp they introduce.

DSOrk.jpg

Ah, "Blue is sneaky" has always been a part of Ork lore, hasn't it. Unless that poor bastard venerates Warboss Kalgarr as his Spirtul Leej, that would suck.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, has this Bioware-WH40K thing been confirmed or are we still indulging in the same wankery as in Fallout 4 thread?

Inquisitor Recon wrote...
TheBlackBaron wrote...
I'm fairly certain sex isn't even a thing space marines think about. They'll have nothing to suggest.​

You think that will stop BSN?

Only a bolter can.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
It would be amazing to have a 3 way crossover EVENT with WH40K, MASS EREKT, and STAR WARS.

It should be set on the gay planet.

Sit back and PROFIT

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Ah, "Blue is sneaky" has always been a part of Ork lore, hasn't it. Unless that poor bastard venerates Warboss Kalgarr as his Spirtul Leej, that would suck.
[Forbidden Lore Xenos] Failure.

Blue is for luck. Purple is the sneaky color.

Misconnected

Savant
BioWare doing 40K truly is a match made in WTF land. I'm kind of hoping it's true, because I can't imagine it won't hilarious. Though I'll admit I'm a bit worried that if it really is true, BioWare will end up influencing the tabletop setting. THQ did.

SoS still exist operating the Black Ships, presumably.

Sources Brother? And If God Emperor was aware of Insidious Chaos to the point of creating His private own Proto Inquisition to combat it why the Primarchs were not warned?

SoS were all anti-psykers, which is just as silly and even more fucking stupid than the SoB faith shit because does bad, bad things to the wider setting.

As for the state or fate of the SoS, I'm near certain that's never been answered. The current fluff both implies they no longer exist, and that they serve the Black Ships. Perhaps the closest thing to an answer, is that the empire definitively no longer has the ability to create anti-psykers on any kind of scale. That loss would imply that the SoS are lost, but that there just perhaps might have been enough left over to keep a tiny and dwindling remnant stationed on the Black Ships.

The Man with The Golden Corpse definitively knew of the chaos gods before gearing up for the galactic reconquista. But it used to be he didn't fully understand the infectious nature of the warp and the extent of the powers of chaos. That's what made the premise for the whole thing make sense. And it's just another one of the things the SoS shit fucks a big, bleeding hole in.

... There's retconning, and then there's retconning GW style. In isolation I don't terribly mind a lot of the changes they've made over the years (though seriously, stop being dicks and bring back all the armylists you've axed over the years. Some of us were using them). It's just that they never seem to consider the wider implications for the logic of the setting. To the point that it no longer has any. And that's a pity, I think.

evdk

Patron
GW doesn't retcon, GW uses its fluff like a crate of lego bricks. Sometimes they chuck the blue ones out and sometimes they put them back in, but they never truly retcon anything. Tzeentchean schemes are a wonderful excuse.

Kirtai

Augur
The Man with The Golden Corpse definitively knew of the chaos gods before gearing up for the galactic reconquista. But it used to be he didn't fully understand the infectious nature of the warp and the extent of the powers of chaos. That's what made the premise for the whole thing make sense. And it's just another one of the things the SoS shit fucks a big, bleeding hole in.
I thought his objective was to convince people to not believe in the supernatural in order to prevent Chaos getting a foothold before humanity evolved into psychers powerful enough to defend themselves without his assistance.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
GW doesn't retcon, GW uses its fluff like a crate of lego bricks. Sometimes they chuck the blue ones out and sometimes they put them back in, but they never truly retcon anything. Tzeentchean schemes are a wonderful excuse.

I take it you haven't heard of MATT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD's new Necron?

Misconnected

Savant
I thought his objective was to convince people to not believe in the supernatural in order to prevent Chaos getting a foothold before humanity evolved into psychers powerful enough to defend themselves without his assistance.

That's the thing I was referring to. The emperor was trying to fashion mankind into an ideal rational psyker. But the psyker bit was only part of the plan because it wasn't optional. A few retcons later and suddenly it was optional. At which point the emperor, rather than being a tragic hero that failed, is kind of hard to see as anything but a monstrously evil fuck that tried to feed humanity to chaos, but accidentally got more or less killed very early in the process.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom