Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
So yesterday I made a couple of posts here and today I wake up and check the codex:

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ja3 weapons have noticeable shorter range for weapons making it play more unrealistic. As a result melee is also way too good even in situations that are not night and sneaking.

Presuming that is correct, does that make the combat more or less complex? because realism is not depth.
You sound like a real nuXcom retard. Most of the time I care for realism more than boardgame shit design.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Ja3 weapons have noticeable shorter range for weapons making it play more unrealistic. As a result melee is also way too good even in situations that are not night and sneaking.

Presuming that is correct, does that make the combat more or less complex? because realism is not depth.
You sound like a real nuXcom retard. Most of the time I care for realism more than boardgame shit design.
I do enjoy both the new and the old Xcom just as much as I enjoy JA 2 and JA3 (not 1 though, I have never played it).

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Speaking of RTS it would have been cool to see Aliens: Dark Descent make the poll. Not enough xenomorph throat fucking I guess.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
/vrpg/ is laughing at us again codexbros... our response???

24gkt2.png
Getting dunked on by 4chan. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Dunked how? By posting a paragraph that everything in it is factually wrong. :lol: The thread for JA3 is 100+ pages, mechanics are pretty much the same depth and only retards that think Soulds games or Witcher 3 are RPGs say JA is not.
It is well known in codex lore that ja2 is not an RPG because laptop guy does not have stats. I have not played JA3, so I cannot comment on whether it is an RPG or not.
Lol, the guy who turns the pages of the book in the intro cinematic of Icewind Dale doesn't have stats either. Has the codex always been this dumb?

ArchAngel

Arcane

24gkt2.png

Dunked how? By posting a paragraph that everything in it is factually wrong. :lol: The thread for JA3 is 100+ pages, mechanics are pretty much the same depth and only retards that think Soulds games or Witcher 3 are RPGs say JA is not.
It is well known in codex lore that ja2 is not an RPG because laptop guy does not have stats. I have not played JA3, so I cannot comment on whether it is an RPG or not.
Lol, the guy who turns the pages of the book in the intro cinematic of Icewind Dale doesn't have stats either. Has the codex always been this dumb?
WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Butter

Arcane
Patron

24gkt2.png

That's Belhifet, the final boss. He absolutely has stats.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
While the contarian result is funny, anyone who would give BG3 a 1 is absolutely unserious. I have a nice list of posters whose opinions on games I can just outright ignore.
While the contarian result is funny, anyone who would give BG3 a 5 is absolutely unserious. I have a nice list of posters whose opinions on games I can just outright ignore.
I gave it a 5, though I had a 5/10 scale in mind.
It certainly wouldn't make anywhere near the top 10 of all time, and barely compares to the original games.
Still, it is the best you can expect nowadays, at least among the AAA RPGs. Since there are barely any, and none even try to be a real RPG.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Wow you are actually dumb.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
While the contarian result is funny, anyone who would give BG3 a 1 is absolutely unserious. I have a nice list of posters whose opinions on games I can just outright ignore.
While the contarian result is funny, anyone who would give BG3 a 5 is absolutely unserious. I have a nice list of posters whose opinions on games I can just outright ignore.
It certainly wouldn't make anywhere near the top 10 of all time, and barely compares to the original games.
Still, it is the best you can expect nowadays, at least among the AAA RPGs. Since there are barely any, and none even try to be a real RPG.
What? BG3 is not comparable to 1 and 2? How? That's just stupid. Hard to take BG3 haters seriously when they say dumb shit like this. Though to be clear I rated it 2/5, was debating between 2 or 3 out of 5.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What? BG3 is not comparable to 1 and 2? How? That's just stupid. Hard to take BG3 haters seriously when they say dumb shit like this. Though to be clear I rated it 2/5, was debating between 2 or 3 out of 5.
PoE1 is closer to BG1/2 than BG3.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Do you only participate in BG3 threads? 35 alerts is pretty low.
Yes, this one and the other Bg3 thread right now in general.

Quite rare I have this many reactions, a few hours ago it was 64

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom