Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
It was translated in 2014, not this year.
That's a good reason not to include it, then :). I edited my post, there is probably no mistake left, unless I missed some game was in beta phase/Early access.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Ok, added Cryptrat's suggestions, which bring us to 55 games. Wow, that's likely more RPGs than we had during the entire 00's.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
More suggestions:

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim, Wave of Darkness, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, Caribbean!, Agarest: Generations of War 2, The Legend of Candlewind: Nights & Candles :P, Citizens of Earth

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
We're in sync Bee-chan, I just did a scan of this year releases. Seems like these are the candidates of 2015:

Age of Decadence
Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord
AntharioN
Avernum II: Crystal Souls
Blackguards 2
BloodLust Shadowhunter
Card Hunter
Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge
Chroma Squad
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Darkest Dungeon
Dex
Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon
Dragon Fin Soup
Dragon Quest Heroes
Evoland II
Fairy Fencer F
Fallen: A2P Protocol
Fallout 4
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD
Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Returns
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hand of Fate
Hard West
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (and 2 & 3)
ICY
Invisible, Inc.
Kyn
Legend of Heroes: Trail in the Sky SC
Legends of Eisenwald
Life is Feudal: Your Own
Mordheim: City of the Damned
Mugen Souls
Pillars of Eternity
Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition
Serpent in the Staglands
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Sunless Sea
Sword Coast Legends
Tales of Zestiria
Telepath Tactics
Templar Battleforce
The Amber Throne
The Dwarf Run
The Fall of Dungeon Guardians
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Toukiden: Kiwami
Undertale
Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry
Victor Vran
Voidspire Tactics
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Way of the Samurai 4

At least the "decent" ones. Steam lists +500 RPGs released this year, but half of those are RPG Maker crap, iOS ports, PC re-releases or stuff like GTA V.

Madman.

Fairfax

Arcane
The award could use more categories, no? Best Story, Best Combat System, Biggest Disappointment, Biggest Surprise, etc.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Think of it as a purity test for the Codex. I'm only placing them on a list, it's the Codex's own votes who will determine their worthiness.

The award could use more categories, no? Best Story, Best Combat System, Biggest Disappointment, Biggest Surprise, etc.
Moar liek "Best console port", "Best remaster", "Bets Tacticool RPG", "BEST TR00 INCLINE RPG"...

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are games like Invisible Inc. or Mordheim on Felipes list even though by our own standards they are relegated to the strategy subforum? And thats just two. I don't even know where I'd put a game like Sunless Sea.

Not that we couldnt have a vote for favorite strategy game, adventure game, etc.

(inb4 what is an RPG)

Edit:

Think of it as a purity test for the Codex. I'm only placing them on a list, it's the Codex's own votes who will determine their worthiness.

Won't work. People who played a game like Invisible Inc. will vote for it because they liked it (and its fucking great) and by virtue of it being in the poll and we will end up with Strategy games in our RPG list.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
if you're already compiling lists, please keep track of any listing criteria in a footnote or something

pippin

That's a lot of rpg-ish games, but some reason I felt more excited about games last year.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Wild hunt got official GOTY award and best rpg of 2015

Fairfax

Arcane
1. AoD
2. SitS
3. S:HK

GT: FO4

Call me Mystic Fax, 'cause I predict deez tings.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
961b92c0fcba23270d765ca2c2848e33075350570db6c154fae985f4ed8b13ad.jpg

Neanderthal

Arcane
Wild Hunt were alright, l couldn't ignore it but there were some serious issues wi it, and consolism was showing through pretty fucking strong. Need a shit ton of mods to enjoy it, thanks to Perkel, so I couldn't really say it was game of year except in certain parts. Meanwhile i'm starting my second playthrough of AoD, and I don't see me getting tired of this, so unless i'm blinded by my first impressions i'd stick this up as game of year.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
That's a lot of rpg-ish games, but some reason I felt more excited about games last year.
Actually I've played some decent stuff this year (SiTS, Telepath Tactics, Voidspire Tactics for instance) but nothing that I enjoyed as much as D:OS, Wasteland 2 or even Blackguards. I haven't played AoD nor Undertale yet, so there's still hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom