Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Game of the Year 2015 - VOTING HAS BEGUN [AUTISM ALERT]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I take it DOS:EE and WL2: DC don't count right ? (then again Dragonfall Directors Cut did?)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Games of the Month
January: None
February: Huniepop
March: None
April: None
May: Witcher 3
July: Witcher 3
August: None
September: Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence
October: Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence / Divinity: Original Sins DC
November: Fallout 4
December: Fallout 4

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I forgot - thank goodness AoD was released so Codex can cover himself with it while secretly being busy wandering around the Todd's wastelands.

hell bovine

Arcane
Well, the game I liked most this year is Serpents in the Staglands. I don't think it's exactly "game of the year" material, but it deserves a honorable mention.

Fallout 4 deserves the "best at trolling codex" award, though.

hell bovine

Arcane
Fallout 4 deserves the "best at trolling codex" award, though.
Sure you don't mean PoE?

And if AoD isn't game of the year, fuck y'all. The Codex will have scaled to the level of a consoletard.
I can understand why people had hopes for PoE, and it isn't a really bad game, just mediocre; I wouldn't call that trolling, just simple disappointment. Fallout 4 on the other hand - there was no chance this game was not going to be bad, and yet consider the sheer number of posts from people playing it, just to post here how... terrible it is.

EDIT: It's like Fallout 4 is the classic hook, line and sinker. Urban dictionary has a nice example:
when someone is picking up chicks with some crappy pickup line (ex: is there a mirror in your pocket? cause i can see myself in your pants) and having the girl believe it.
It's like codex went on that date, only to find out that a guy that uses terrible pick up lines is plain shit and now is bitching about it. I can't help but be amused.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Since Underrail and Torment won't be this year, AoE kind of takes the cake for best RPG.

Lol @ people mentioning twitcher 3 shit. Open world fantasy game with light rpg elements? Sure

But a pure rpg like AoD? Please.

Kz3r0

Arcane
No need for any poll:
Age of Decadence GOTY.
Honorary mention for Serpent in the Staglands.
Ban anyone who disagree.
/thread

hell bovine

Arcane
Put Fallout4 on Codex top 10. Probably the game of the year and best RPR ever made by mankind! :happytrollboy:
If anything, Fallout 4 is a PGR.

(for the vast majority of you folks that won't get it: PGR = Państwowe Gospodarstwo Rolne = collective farming during ye olde goode times in Poland)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We need to compile a full list of 2015 RPGs (including ports and enhanced editions) first. Otherwise people might forget about less high-profile titles that aren't F4 or AoD.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
We're in sync Bee-chan, I just did a scan of this year releases. Seems like these are the candidates of 2015:

Age of Decadence
Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord
AntharioN
Avernum II: Crystal Souls
Blackguards 2
BloodLust Shadowhunter
Card Hunter
Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge
Chroma Squad
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
Darkest Dungeon
Dex
Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Editon
Dragon Fin Soup
Dragon Quest Heroes
Evoland II
Fairy Fencer F
Fallen: A2P Protocol
Fallout 4
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD
Final Fantasy XIII - Lightning Returns
Guild of Dungeoneering
Hand of Fate
Hard West
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (and 2 & 3)
ICY
Invisible, Inc.
Kyn
Legend of Heroes: Trail in the Sky SC
Legends of Eisenwald
Life is Feudal: Your Own
Mordheim: City of the Damned
Mugen Souls
Pillars of Eternity
Sanctuary RPG: Black Edition
Serpent in the Staglands
Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Sunless Sea
Sword Coast Legends
Tales of Zestiria
Telepath Tactics
Templar Battleforce
The Amber Throne
The Dwarf Run
The Fall of Dungeon Guardians
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Toukiden: Kiwami
Undertale
Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry
Victor Vran
Voidspire Tactics
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Way of the Samurai 4

At least the "decent" ones. Steam lists +500 RPGs released this year, but half of those are RPG Maker crap, iOS ports, PC re-releases or stuff like GTA V.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
StarCrawlers and Battle Brothers (and maybe some others) are Early Access, though. I don't think we should include EA stuff until it's released.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, my mistake. Games are already appearing twice due to Enchanced Editions & Director's Cuts, no need to include EA as well....

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Based on discussions on the Codex(games we talked about, not quality), you can add Dex, The Dwarf Run, Voidspire Tactics, The Fall of Dungeon Guardians, Vendetta : Curse of raven's cry, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Part III, Kyn.

For different reasons I don't know if Dragon Fin Soup, chroma Squad, Labyrinth of Touhou 2(2014), ICY, Transistor(2014) should be added.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom