Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Roqua vs the Codex: Is select-all-and-attack enough to kill anything in the IE games? DISCUSS!

Coma White

Educated
So fuck you, fuck your fat whore mothers, and fuck super cunt grandmothers. You are all sub-retards and I truly hope you all get aids and die a slow agonizing death. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go back to work and earn a living so I can be taxed to death to support you SSD champions so you have plenty of time to play easy games and think you are super smart wasting all your time setting up for trash fights, and carrying useless characters through games to have a tougher time of 95% of the content to have an easier time with 5%.

Lhynn

Arcane
God, you are so fucking stupid it literally hurts my head. You cannot just click one button because unless you are equipped with a 2hander you cannot also equip a bow. Any DW character or 1h and shield cannot click a button you fucking moron.
slings or throwing axes, or darts if i remember correctly.

And I am fairly certain you are retarded and kiting and changing position are not important in most of the hard fights I've been in. From more recent memory, in BG 1, there is a tower with an underground dungeon early in the game. At the end is a fight I had to reload about 4 or 5 times to change how my party approached it. There were stairs on the east and west side, the entrance on the NNW top, and a mirror in the center. I forget the details, but the most I had to do in this fight was just change who my party members individually engaged and where they were when it started. This was the first fight in BG I had to pay attention to positioning. Was it tough, not really. But I'm sure you monkeys will impose all sorts of artificial difficulty on this fight and say it is impossible without doing x, y, and z.
All im reading here is that you couldnt just click and win like youve been claiming you do on every fight. Everything else is fairly unimportant to my point.

Maybe if you guys thought about it this way - do you know the book from Hillary Clinton, "It Takes a Village?" Well, just think of that, but change village into "someone less retarded than me." So, there are a million ways you could approach the IE games, but if you were less retarded what I am saying would also be possible for you guys too. But since you all seem to be full blown helmet wearing, window licking retards what I am saying is not possible for you. Just accept it and move on
You are such a low effort dumbfuck. If i didnt enjoy so much trashing your retarded ass i would pity you.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I can debunk his whole point that you can win with one click with one place that he likely never even got to:
The Yuan-ti temple. That fucking clusterfuck of bullshit cannot be beaten by just clicking on the enemies.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Using scrolls is not cheesing. But when a scroll has the effect of a fucking godlike lich being completely helpless to your 1000gp item, I'd sure call that an oversight of the devs, e.g. exploit or cheese. Intended effect of said scroll is being protected from physical attacks by undead, but it fucks with their AI in the IE implementation = classic exploit.
Also if you truly mastered IE combat, that would mean knowing what the spells do most efficiently in a given situation, I'd wager that you would not have to reload, and be faster than your wizard slayer party.
Basically, you are too dumb or lazy to use spells efficiently, which would actually reduce clusterfuck, thus behaving like a consoletard with an awesome button. I don't know, dude.

Last edited:

pippin

Icewind Dale is a good game. Its sequel is fine too.

Meaning what exactly besides voicing personal preferences?

It was just some kind of response to the reactions seen in these last pages.
But, to keep it somewhat short, I like IWD1+2 because they still allow for more interactivity in terms of party building and tactics. I felt more free playing those in comparison to the usual IE deal. You could say they feel like Gold Box games in a way... Besides, it's not like any dev would ever try to make combat oriented dnd games for the pc again. The Baldurs Gate formula is what's stuck with everything and everyone apparently, and it sucks real bad.

hell bovine

Arcane
And? Are you saying my guys will never hit? Are you saying these buffs make them completely immune to all damage forever? Click and watch. There are weapons that have a proc chance of dispel and kits which do too. What do you not understand about this? You really need some nuts dragged all over your face to wake you up to reality. The only time I remember not being able to hit anyone is when mages use invisibility. Other than that,unless I am having a really difficult time I do not to cast shit. And then I usually apply simple retard level tactics like aoe cc to trickle enemies back to my guys. This is very much the exception and not the rule.
SCS is a mod designed around those vanilla game "tactics". Dragons don't have just one casting of stoneskin (which they reapply it as soon as it is off, on top of their few hundreds of hp; and it isn't the only spell they use) and their melee abilities have been upped. If you try to "click and watch" an scs dragon, it will eat your party for breakfast. SCS higher level mages run stoneskin & prot. from magic weapons, with spell immunity: abjuration, which means a) magic weapons don't work b) dispel doesn't work. Unless you use magic to strip them from their defenses, you can hit them in melee, but it won't do squat. They also come prebuffed with spell protections against aoe damage (e.g. pfme). All of which you would have known, had you actually used scs, like you've claimed. What do you not understand about: if you are going to lie about it, pick a less known mod?

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Lol, people trying to discuss with Roqua outside GD. It doesn't matter what arguments you use and how you present them, Roqua is going to be respond with an incoherent wall of text that includes a lot of swearing and words like "console monkey", while not presenting any actual arguments.

Coma White

Educated
Lol, people trying to discuss with Roqua outside GD. It doesn't matter what arguments you use and how you present them, Roqua is going to be respond with an incoherent wall of text that includes a lot of swearing and words like "console monkey", while not presenting any actual arguments.

From what I've been able to ascertain; he really dislikes combat which requires clicking.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Besides, it's not like any dev would ever try to make combat oriented dnd games for the pc again.

I like the IWD's because they offer a good primer of their respective editions' mechanics. When I started playing tabletop DnD, I was playing BG1 at the time, but that's another story. IWD's are good introductory adventures into DnD, in a foreign, not-abused setting like most CRPG. Wizards should definitely encourage this type of game for bringing in new players, in my case and I guess in a lot more I knew about DnD because of the CRPG. It's better than their digital crap.

I don't mean that they'd make DnD shovelware once a year a la Call of Duty, but once or twice every new edition would be good.

NWN in a way was more of the same old, but that was more boring (OC). I played Nordock and it was fantastic. Still have stories to tell after all these years.

A 5th Edition game would be interesting, but it would need at least faithful adaptation of the ruleset. I know a lot of things in 5th Edition are "up to the GM", so we'd need good designers for that.

Coma White

Educated
I like the IWD's because they offer a good primer of their respective editions' mechanics. When I started playing tabletop DnD, I was playing BG1 at the time, but that's another story. IWD's are good introductory adventures into DnD, in a foreign, not-abused setting like most CRPG. Wizards should definitely encourage this type of game for bringing in new players, in my case and I guess in a lot more I knew about DnD because of the CRPG. It's better than their digital crap.

I don't mean that they'd make DnD shovelware once a year a la Call of Duty, but once or twice every new edition would be good.

NWN in a way was more of the same old, but that was more boring (OC). I played Nordock and it was fantastic. Still have stories to tell after all these years.

A 5th Edition game would be interesting, but it would need at least faithful adaptation of the ruleset. I know a lot of things in 5th Edition are "up to the GM", so we'd need good designers for that.

If wishes were horses, I'd hop on my Codex chariot and ride on out of here.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
So fuck you, fuck your fat whore mothers, and fuck super cunt grandmothers. You are all sub-retards and I truly hope you all get aids and die a slow agonizing death. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go back to work and earn a living so I can be taxed to death to support you SSD champions so you have plenty of time to play easy games and think you are super smart wasting all your time setting up for trash fights, and carrying useless characters through games to have a tougher time of 95% of the content to have an easier time with 5%.

:edgy:

God, you are so fucking stupid it literally hurts my head. You cannot just click one button because unless you are equipped with a 2hander you cannot also equip a bow. Any DW character or 1h and shield cannot click a button you fucking moron.
slings or throwing axes, or darts if i remember correctly.

And I am fairly certain you are retarded and kiting and changing position are not important in most of the hard fights I've been in. From more recent memory, in BG 1, there is a tower with an underground dungeon early in the game. At the end is a fight I had to reload about 4 or 5 times to change how my party approached it. There were stairs on the east and west side, the entrance on the NNW top, and a mirror in the center. I forget the details, but the most I had to do in this fight was just change who my party members individually engaged and where they were when it started. This was the first fight in BG I had to pay attention to positioning. Was it tough, not really. But I'm sure you monkeys will impose all sorts of artificial difficulty on this fight and say it is impossible without doing x, y, and z.
All im reading here is that you couldnt just click and win like youve been claiming you do on every fight. Everything else is fairly unimportant to my point.

Maybe if you guys thought about it this way - do you know the book from Hillary Clinton, "It Takes a Village?" Well, just think of that, but change village into "someone less retarded than me." So, there are a million ways you could approach the IE games, but if you were less retarded what I am saying would also be possible for you guys too. But since you all seem to be full blown helmet wearing, window licking retards what I am saying is not possible for you. Just accept it and move on
You are such a low effort dumbfuck. If i didnt enjoy so much trashing your retarded ass i would pity you.

You are not smart enough to be trusted to take your trash to the curb. Your extremely low comprehension is the pity of anyone with the correct chromosomes for their gender so your pity or lack of pity means nothing to anyone but your people.

I can debunk his whole point that you can win with one click with one place that he likely never even got to:
The Yuan-ti temple. That fucking clusterfuck of bullshit cannot be beaten by just clicking on the enemies.

WOW! YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!! I LOSE BECAUSE I SAID EVERY FIGHT ALL THE TIME. YOU ARE LIKE SO SMART OR SOMETHING!!!!! HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIBND??????

And? Are you saying my guys will never hit? Are you saying these buffs make them completely immune to all damage forever? Click and watch. There are weapons that have a proc chance of dispel and kits which do too. What do you not understand about this? You really need some nuts dragged all over your face to wake you up to reality. The only time I remember not being able to hit anyone is when mages use invisibility. Other than that,unless I am having a really difficult time I do not to cast shit. And then I usually apply simple retard level tactics like aoe cc to trickle enemies back to my guys. This is very much the exception and not the rule.
SCS is a mod designed around those vanilla game "tactics". Dragons don't have just one casting of stoneskin (which they reapply it as soon as it is off, on top of their few hundreds of hp; and it isn't the only spell they use) and their melee abilities have been upped. If you try to "click and watch" an scs dragon, it will eat your party for breakfast. SCS higher level mages run stoneskin & prot. from magic weapons, with spell immunity: abjuration, which means a) magic weapons don't work b) dispel doesn't work. Unless you use magic to strip them from their defenses, you can hit them in melee, but it won't do squat. They also come prebuffed with spell protections against aoe damage (e.g. pfme). All of which you would have known, had you actually used scs, like you've claimed. What do you not understand about: if you are going to lie about it, pick a less known mod?

Do you know what, you fucking monkey. I have been looking for a chance to put you and all your JCD millennial fuck heads in your place. Give me two mage fights in the same game SCS can be used for that you. One of these super often all the time encounters that prove wasting a character slot on a low sustained damage character is so crucial to have all the time, and then a earlier in the game big mage one. Earlier because I would rather not waste too much time forcing myself to play a game with such shitty combat for monkey idiots.

Yes, because arguing with you and JCD minions is so productive. You are all too stupid to comprehend points, or blatantly ignore any valid point made to spout racist bleatings of retards and pussy bitches. We can prove this right now. Please tell me what exactly I have been saying and what my points are in this thread or just one point I failed to reply to fully.

From what I've been able to ascertain; he really dislikes combat which requires clicking.

That is because you are retarded and lack the ability to comprehend simple ideas. If you are young, hopefully you will grow into some brains. If you are an adult, you are just fucked.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I'm figuring it will be BG 2 so I am installing the EE and will look into how to record myself playing a game to get the ball rolling. It is super nice to finally be able to do something instead of just getting into internet arguments with complete and utter retards.

hell bovine said:

Do you know what, you fucking monkey. I have been looking for a chance to put you and all your JCD millennial fuck heads in your place. Give me two mage fights in the same game SCS can be used for that you. One of these super often all the time encounters that prove wasting a character slot on a low sustained damage character is so crucial to have all the time, and then a earlier in the game big mage one. Earlier because I would rather not waste too much time forcing myself to play a game with such shitty combat for monkey idiots.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Give me two mage fights in the same game SCS can be used for that you.
I am honestly trying to decipher this sentence and failing.
Hey, he started out good in the first half but then ran out of stamina in the last half. With a little training I am sure he can make it through an entire sentence. Eventually.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
The IE games and IWD in particular are great games because they allow themselves to be played in different ways. Retards can play them in the retarded way (max stats, reload for HP, reload on party wipe, select all and click). Everyone else uses tactics and spells.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I'm tempted to start a poll.
Is Roqua:
1. A retard
2. A troll
3. A retarded troll

We already established I'm retarded. Now we are trying to establish just how much more retarded all of you guys are than I am.

People of my level of retardness level and above can comprehend and answer questions. People of you and your compatriots retardedness level seem to have an impossible time with these simple activities.
The IE games and IWD in particular are great games because they allow themselves to be played in different ways. Retards can play them in the retarded way (max stats, reload for HP, reload on party wipe, select all and click). Everyone else uses tactics and spells.

You like story mode don't you? Yes, and playing a game to enjoy the activity you spend 90% of the game doing is retarded. Sure. And just to clarify since you fucking retards cannot comprehend simple things so I will spell out what I was talking about - combat is the activity you spend 90% of your time doing.

I'm tempted to start a poll.
Is Roqua:
1. A retard
2. A troll
3. A retarded troll
Yes.

Tee hee. Bryce and JCD at least know they are stupid and inferior to me, but you are the celerity type of retard that is even too stupid to understand that the joke is on you when you talk about other people's intelligence.

Give me two mage fights in the same game SCS can be used for that you.
I am honestly trying to decipher this sentence and failing.

I'm sure a brilliant mind such as yours never makes a mistake. But I would assume mental powerhouse such as you would be able to infer what I was saying simply by the rest of the implications and context of the whole paragraph.

Now, are you going to list the fights in BG2 or are you going to be another Bryce/JCD type of retard and just spout endless gibberish? In fact, name me all the major mage fights in the first 33% of the game so I can get going on this and prove how fucking stupid you monkeys are.

If you do not reply with at least 5 or 6 major mage fights I can't win without an arcane caster and by using my click and watch super strategy I win this argument by default. If you are going to be a bigger retard and claim there is not 5 or 6 major mage fights in the first 33% of the game and this SCS does not make anything in the first 33% of the game have good combat then fuck you. Just how long are you supposed to play shitty combat to get to something good? If a game doesn't have 5 or 6 good battles in the first 33% of the game I can't steamroll over with click and watch then the game is shit.

This is going to be the ultimate symbolic win of my kicking the teeth of all you Bryce/JCD pussies through the back of your misshaped retard mongoloid skulls.

And then raping all your orifices for hours and hours until your tear ducks dry up and you can only softly whimper as my giant blackish cock sternly punches your tonsils over and over to the rhythmic thwapping of my balls hitting your soft, millennial overly feminine chins.

Thank you so much for this challenge and finally giving me the opportunity to actually do something. Please do not be a bitch and back out because you're fucking retarded and just spout monkey bleatings.

Coma White

Educated
attention surplus disorder

east kabeesh

I just destroyed.

I'm no expert on the IE games, and I've never played the IWD expansion

doing things slows you down

I do not research the systems, especially systems I do not like.

I love Tim Cain but he loves to put some shit that annoys me in his games, like time limits or time sensitivity.

For Dragon Age 2 I use the one called like something like "lots of extra talents."

Edit: wow, I had a lot of errors and confusion in this.

All can take a hit and give it back real nice and good.

this strategy isn't for games with good combat that are sped up by using AoE spells and buffs. this strategy only works on monkey games with shit combat for idiots and people that like to pretend wasting time stealthing and setting up

a lowly retard like me

AD&D isn't a complex system

If you have fun in retardoworld being all retarded

I like games that cause my stupid retard brain to be forced to think

Is going peepee like a big boy difficult?

I think driving is boring and sucks

I am not retarded enough to think that ramping up the suck makes two negatives make a positive

If ninjas tried to stab you randomly while your are peeing standing up, peeing standing up would be far more difficult than it currently is without the ninja stabs.

I could spray my shit with fabreeze but it is still shit.

retard combat

I bought and played IWD when it came out and never played it again until a while ago when someone on RPGWatch called me out on it

IWD 2 had way better combat than any other IE game

PST (which I forced myself to play sicne I wanted to find out how it plays out, which I still do not know).

And saying IWD 2 is easier than IWD is like saying Blackguards 1 was easier than Blackguards 2. One was good the other was for monkey idiots.

no actual points

Laugh it up, chuckles. Because you fucking idiots aren't enough smart enough to know how to insult someone.

I know little kids like you guys like your short replies and picture replies

almost everyone who believes that the IE games had good and challenging and engaging combat also prefers to play pc games with a controller

You are retarded because you type like a fucking six year old hipster wannabe

God, I wish I was at a bar with you so I could push your stool in for you real nice and good.

Fucking millennials. I fucking despise you pussy ass weakling monkey retards. God, your parents failed you so much by not beating some common sense and comprehension into you.

fucking retard millennial

BG 2 and IWD combat is the fucking same and plays the same

And I am really getting sick and tired of low comprehension retards not understanding what is or is not possible when it comes to something they have never tried.

There is no mage or dragon fight I got into in BG2 that I ever once used a dispel spell or breach or anything to win because it is not necessary.

what I can't do which I know I can do because I have done it

people of at least my level of retardation or above

I played at least 75% of BG2 (and at least 60% of BG 1).

linear games are easier for me to finish

I have to go back to work and earn a living so I can be taxed to death to support you SSD champions so you have plenty of time to play easy games and think you are super smart wasting all your time setting up for trash fights

do you know the book from Hillary Clinton, "It Takes a Village?" Well, just think of that, but change village into "someone less retarded than me."

Your extremely low comprehension is the pity of anyone with the correct chromosomes for their gender

HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIBND??????

all your JCD millennial fuck heads

you and JCD minions

getting into internet arguments

We already established I'm retarded.

People of my level of retardness level and above can comprehend and answer questions.

celerity type of retard

spout endless gibberish

name me all the major mage fights in the first 33% of the game

If you do not reply with at least 5 or 6 major mage fights I can't win without an arcane caster and by using my click and watch super strategy I win this argument by default.

This is going to be the ultimate symbolic win of my kicking the teeth of all you Bryce/JCD pussies through the back of your misshaped retard mongoloid skulls.

my giant blackish cock

You should be committed. You are literally human decline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom