Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Roqua vs the Codex: Is select-all-and-attack enough to kill anything in the IE games? DISCUSS!

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Hilarious.
Could you please beat IWD1/2 on Heart of Fury/Winter mode with that party? :troll:

Also the question comes to mind how many of your dudes are actually fighting and not walking towards new enemies. suppose in IWD there are few ranged encounters, but in BG2 you get destroyed with such a party.
Not having a haste dispenser in a fighter party thus slows you down even more because your dudes have to walk around instead of running. A dualclassed/multiclassed fighter/mage would add like 50% killpower and is competent with a ranged weapon, so you can safely ignore the more fiddly spells.
On normal diff you will probably not need a cleric, but no mage is just dumb.

Why would I select the heart fo winter difficulty? I think driving is boring and sucks but I do not want it to be more difficult by adding more slow drivers and passing lane cruisers. If something is fundamentally flawed and broken for someone of even my level of retardation, I am not retarded enough to think that ramping up the suck makes two negatives make a positive in this instance. You can make anything difficult. If ninjas tried to stab you randomly while your are peeing standing up, peeing standing up would be far more difficult than it currently is without the ninja stabs.

What makes a game have good combat is on it's base level and as it was meant to be played does not suck, does not have a steamroll mode of a melee heavy party (which you fucking monkeys keep interpreting as melee only) just clicking and watching while being bored. This would not be viable in a game with good combat. Period. I would not be successful. We can discuss degrees of success or how spending 30 minutes setting up position for a trash fight and doing x-y is so much super fun, but is it necessary? No. I am telling you it isn't. You can try this for yourselves. The rules are simple, just make a good party, click and watch and win. Most of the time. Again, there are some tough fights you cannot do this, and a far different party comp would make a lot easier, but you can always win with little fuss or reloads. This also would not apply to the fights with the things that blow up when killed, whereas you have to go into your inventory and switch every single character that isn't wielding a two-hander to a ranged weapon, and then just click and watch, sometimes moving away. Now, you guys' level of retardation is obviously more than mine so you may think wasting a bunch of time switching to ranged weapons is a super good and super fun strategy, but if you were only as retarded as I am you wouldn't. It isn't fun. It just slows down sucky combat.

Now, does this pply to mods that make sucky combat games less sucky? Yes. A unmodded game that sucks is a sucky game. Skyrim sucks, but that Enderal mod makes it a pretty decent game, and so does the requim mod with the behind the curtains and the unleveled weapons mod for it and some toehr mods cobined. But Skyrim still sucks. FONV had very easy and boring combat, but there was a mod that made it not suck so bad and be difficult and exciting.

ToEE isn't all that tough if you use a walkthrough or know the fights from playing a lot and aren't playing on Ironman. Neither is AoD, Underrail, XCom, Blackguards, or any game. ToEE on Ironman for a new player is awesome combat, same with the Xcoms, same with most games, but ToEE with Co8 or ToEE+ with ironman is still tough and requires you to plan and think and not be stupid. On none of these games can you just click and watch. Even with all 3 dragon ages you probably wouldn't be successful on the default difficulty if all party members just used the base attack with nothing else.

What games can you just click and watch with a competently (or even in some cases incompetently) build party? (Not counting less than 5% of the fights which would be boss fights, and shitty time wasting fights like the blow up things in IWD or needing to change to a weapon/ammo/flask that cases elemental damage to kill a troll or whatever).

1) All the IE games but IWD2
2) Both Kotors (with or without retard character building). These should get an award for way above average hands-off, no thinking combat.
3) NWN 1 (equivalent to IWD and BG2).
4) NWN 2 (The only game that on default difficulty is even easier and more retarded than the Kotors, which is quite an accomplishment).

There are probably more, but you get the idea. These are the main click and watch, no strategy needed, retard combat games. These games are the equivalent of the jrpg games where you just walk around grinding mindlessly by hitting the default attack button for everyone because combat is so easy, mindless, and retard-proof.

Sure, I could rank up the difficulty and get nothing for it other than slower sucky combat, but why would I? I could spray my shit with fabreeze but it is still shit. Nothing fixes retard combat besides fundamental changes to the system.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Way to miss the point about one dual F/M enhancing your melee party without hassle.
Also I am pretty sure you cannot "click and watch" several fights in BG2, even less with SCS installed. Even a standard encounter vs a varied party can turn to hell quite fast with that mod installed.
What baffles me is why do you even eat feces when you obv. don't like it?

Last edited:

Roqua

Prospernaut
I just looked into it and there doesn't seem to be any difficulty mods for IWD EE at all. One called balanced something or other changes the core functioning such as intelligence giving crit, getting rid of the 18/** (so a non-fighter type gets the same thaco and damage bonus as a fghter if they are both at 18 strength), charisma giving luck and spell saves, dex lowered by armor, the weapon specializations changing, etc. The other big ones are for kits and seem to just go crazy and make every non-fighter almost as good as fighters with almost every class getting a kit with up to 4 in a weapon and 2 in a spec or 3 in DW. The rule change ones just make the game easier.

The balance one is very interesting and I like them addressing all dump stats (besides wisdom it seems), and the itemization changes. This would actually make a non-melee heavy party more viable. Swashbuckler and Bard aren't ass, and it looks like pretty much everyone besides druids (and monks, and the kits not allowing ranged, etc) use bows. I may load up IWD to check this out. But, it kind of guts all interesting race selections since int and cha are no longer dumb stats, and for plate wearers it would now be dex and wisdom, since the crit increase is too good for damage and the save increase is too good for survivability. With how they have classes now, HO only get +1 str. And since str only gives a very minimal increase going from 18 to 19, but losing out on both int and 2 points of charisma make them one of the worse races now. It seems like humans and HE for melee, elf for ranged as an alternative.
A non-melee party is already viable. It was viable in the original, which is a bit more difficult due to the lack of kits, and it is even more viable in the EE, which introduced BG2 kits and spells. If you actually want a challenge, use the "no murder xp" from the balance mod; your party will be be leveling far more slowly. (the game is still doable with it, thanks to potions & items) Or just play IWD2 with Tactics4IWD2, since you liked the sequel better.

You are saying exactly what I am saying. It is not just vialble, it is easy. I bought and played IWD when it came out and never played it again until a while ago when someone on RPGWatch called me out on it and I just slipped by the refund window, but since I spent 20 bucks on it I was going to get some time out of it. I still ahd no issue and even though I like the game's content besides the combat like with the other IE games the combat is just too easy and boring and bad to keep me interested for very long.

I thought IWD 2 had way better combat than any other IE game and I am not even sure if I used that tactics mod for it. I used a list from gog that said to use what mods in what order and what to install or not from the mods. I can't say for certain but I think I just followed the list. regardless, I played it for longer than any other IE game besides PST (which I forced myself to play sicne I wanted to find out how it plays out, which I still do not know).

hell bovine

Arcane
You are saying exactly what I am saying. It is not just vialble, it is easy. I bought and played IWD when it came out and never played it again until a while ago when someone on RPGWatch called me out on it and I just slipped by the refund window, but since I spent 20 bucks on it I was going to get some time out of it. I still ahd no issue and even though I like the game's content besides the combat like with the other IE games the combat is just too easy and boring and bad to keep me interested for very long.

I thought IWD 2 had way better combat than any other IE game and I am not even sure if I used that tactics mod for it. I used a list from gog that said to use what mods in what order and what to install or not from the mods. I can't say for certain but I think I just followed the list. regardless, I played it for longer than any other IE game besides PST (which I forced myself to play sicne I wanted to find out how it plays out, which I still do not know).
I am saying that if you want any credibility to your claim how you used tactics mods for every ie game, then you should at least attempt to try said mods. Btw, IWD2 had the worst combat of the bunch due to cheesy races (like smurf elves) and ridiculous multiclassing (like smurf gnome paladin/monks). As a result, it was even easier than IWD.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Oh my god, i could have saved so much time if had just ignored roquas retarded posts. He is on par with J_C and dildolos in quality of posting, tho for some reason he enjoys writing walls of inane and text instead of keeping it brief, like his stupidity and ignorance are something to be proud of.

Roqua

Prospernaut

I am saying that if you want any credibility to your claim how you used tactics mods for every ie game, then you should at least attempt to try said mods. Btw, IWD2 had the worst combat of the bunch due to cheesy races (like smurf elves) and ridiculous multiclassing (like smurf gnome paladin/monks). As a result, it was even easier than IWD.

So I am supposed to remember every mod to every shit game I ever played for credibility? My point is the base games have shit, retard combat for fucking retards like you. You like shit for retards. Good for you. I don't give a fuck. And saying IWD 2 is easier than IWD is like saying Blackguards 1 was easier than Blackguards 2. One was good the other was for monkey idiots. You are getting your numbers mixed up, or your mods.

never played it again until a while ago when someone on RPGWatch called me out on it
They said it wasn't easy and I was remembering it wrong. It is and I wasn't. Just like you monkeys are calling me out with your pea brained retardeness and no actual points. So, I was forced to look into the exact mods available to IWD EE. Just because I have to look into something doesn't make me wrong or stupid people less stupid. I was right then, and I am right now. Anyone who thinks the IE games had good combat is fucking retarded. I have listed my reasons why. What I listed is true. A melee heavy party rolls over the content with ease and no thought. Am I wrong? Can this not be done?

I bought and played IWD when it came out and never played it again until a while ago

You mean when the EE came out, not the original, right?

Were you even alive in 2000?

tee hee. You guys make such funny jokes. I must be a child since if I was a mature adult I would see the obvious which is the IE games had the best combat for the brightest people. It is obviously very challenging and engaging requiring tons of thought and planning. No one could possibly just click and watch and win.

Oh my god, i could have saved so much time if had just ignored roquas retarded posts. He is on par with J_C and dildolos in quality of posting, tho for some reason he enjoys writing walls of inane and text instead of keeping it brief, like his stupidity and ignorance are something to be proud of.

Again, if I'm retarded and I can just easily roll through a game you struggle a lot with what does that make you? Far more retarded, right? Laugh it up, chuckles. Because you fucking idiots aren't enough smart enough to know how to insult someone.

I know little kids like you guys like your short replies and picture replies but in my day people were actually required to think and articulate their thoughts. Is anything I am saying wrong? Can you not just breeze through IWD if you build a non-retard party? What are you trying to say?

I am willing to bet if we took a poll, almost everyone who believes that the IE games had good and challenging and engaging combat also prefers to play pc games with a controller, or buy their games on consoles if available.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Again, if I'm retarded and I can just easily roll through a game you struggle a lot with what does that make you? Far more retarded, right? Laugh it up, chuckles. Because you fucking idiots aren't enough smart enough to know how to insult someone.
Yer retarded because you are lying and think people here cant tell.

I know little kids like you guys like your short replies and picture replies but in my day people were actually required to think and articulate their thoughts. Is anything I am saying wrong? Can you not just breeze through IWD if you build a non-retard party? What are you trying to say?
Yes, no, yes.
Its not the hardest game, but in a lot of places merely auto attacking will get you killed.

I am willing to bet if we took a poll, almost everyone who believes that the IE games had good and challenging and engaging combat also prefers to play pc games with a controller, or buy their games on consoles if available.
So the bet is that obviously bad players think games are hard? Truly you must be some kind of mastermind.

hell bovine

Arcane

So I am supposed to remember every mod to every shit game I ever played for credibility? My point is the base games have shit, retard combat for fucking retards like you. You like shit for retards. Good for you. I don't give a fuck. And saying IWD 2 is easier than IWD is like saying Blackguards 1 was easier than Blackguards 2. One was good the other was for monkey idiots. You are getting your numbers mixed up, or your mods.
I don't care about your memory trouble; you just sound like a little kid bragging to have played every ie game with tactics mods, when it's clear you haven't. I happen to like SCS & Ascension, which makes BG combat fun. (and way better than iwd2's smurf elves for whiny little brats like yourself)

Theldaran

Liturgist
You can't even click & win on vanilla PoE. It was designed against that, I think. And IE combat is better and more varied than vanilla PoE.

Just you try to bring an all-archer party to the bandit camp tent on BG1. The mage there would instill Horror on your party making them flee and the enemy archer with poison arrows would finish them off. The first thing the mage does is cast Mirror Image. Davaeorn casts Protection from Arrows, Mirror Image and Stoneskin, but Davy's AI is bad. The camp tent is just the second boss battle in the game and your party should already have trouble.

Not bringing a Wizard because you don't care about leveling him up, THAT's lazy. But I recommend doing so, in order for you to learn a thing or two.

Coma White

Educated
I could take or leave IWD's combat (and IE combat in general). What I love most about IWD is the atmosphere. Dat fucking score, dose windswept mountain passes -- hnnnng!

Theldaran

Liturgist
I could take or leave IWD's combat (and IE combat in general). What I love most about IWD is the atmosphere. Dat fucking score, dose windswept mountain passes -- hnnnng!

Well comparing it to Fantasy Wales, the frozen wasteland wins.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron

Ridiculous. 1) No one claimed IE combat is partcularily good - it's a clusterfuck 2) how is said clusterfuck is even remotely appealing to a controller fan

Also lumping together BG2 and IWD combat together is retarded, as they have vastly different spell sets for mages and clerics. Not to mention HLAs. See:
Roqua said:

Either you have played BG2 for only a few hours or you are just insane. Even on vanilla the prominent mages or lichs will just wipe your competent "click and watch" melee party, barring prot-undead scroll cheese. Illithids will charm or int-drain your bruisers without buffs etc.
Please bullshit more. And if you are over it, play BG2 with SCS.

Coma White

Educated
Even on vanilla the prominent mages or lichs will just wipe your competent "click and watch" melee party, barring prot-undead scroll cheese. Illithids will charm or int-drain your bruisers without buffs etc.
Please bullshit more.

This. BGII encounters are heavily caster-oriented. Without the proper spell support (IE without the proper spells memorized), you will get severely wrecked.

mitochondritom

Educated
Even on vanilla the prominent mages or lichs will just wipe your competent "click and watch" melee party, barring prot-undead scroll cheese. Illithids will charm or int-drain your bruisers without buffs etc.
Please bullshit more.

This. BGII encounters are heavily caster-oriented. Without the proper spell support (IE without the proper spells memorized), you will get severely wrecked.

The jokes on you friend. I used a party of six Wizard Slayers, the clues in the name :smug:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
For me, how I play IWD is purely Quality of Life. I watched a Sensuki let's play of IWD when Sensuki was doing the whole PoE stuff and I don't play anything like him, he just zoomed his characters around, all melee unless it was a harder battle, health dropping to nearly dead as each battle hacked away a few more drops of red, then one dies and he just reloads a save and rests them before continuing. Now, to me, that's just a really ugly way to play.

That playthrough was more melee than usual because I forgot to buy extra arrows when going into the dungeon maps and didn't want to backtrack. It's quite easy to avoid lots of damage by kiting with multiple archers, but that's a pretty boring way to play IMO. I think one of the mods I had made using arrows non-viable against several of the bosses as well (Yxunomei, Belhifet).

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
For me, how I play IWD is purely Quality of Life. I watched a Sensuki let's play of IWD when Sensuki was doing the whole PoE stuff and I don't play anything like him, he just zoomed his characters around, all melee unless it was a harder battle, health dropping to nearly dead as each battle hacked away a few more drops of red, then one dies and he just reloads a save and rests them before continuing. Now, to me, that's just a really ugly way to play.

That playthrough was more melee than usual because I forgot to buy extra arrows when going into the dungeon maps and didn't want to backtrack. It's quite easy to avoid lots of damage by kiting with multiple archers, but that's a pretty boring way to play IMO. I think one of the mods I had made using arrows non-viable against several of the bosses as well (Yxunomei, Belhifet).

I usually only have one dedicated archer. If I go with a Rogue as well then the Rogue might use Bullets as well. Arrows are already non-viable against Yxunomei and Belhifet unless you're using + Arrows (or Acid etc) with a strong bow, which, at least in the original game, were quite limited and you wouldn't have enough for more than one or two users anyway. That you think that I'm just talking about swapping from full melee to full archer suggests more about you than it does me. TBH, I rarely waste even normal arrows on stuff that doesn't require it. Just having your two front melee do most of the heavy work is good for most of the non-crunch combat. So a normal process for six characters would be something like: Rogue clears traps, front two melee start hacking, Archer pumps a few arrows if it's a HP sponge, cleric-type holds trigger on minor heal spells, spellcaster character held in reserve and use spell only if needed. The Rogue, Healer and Spellcaster are only used for range if it's a swarm or a massive HP sponge etc (and the healer can be a spare melee instead), then, when you get to a tougher 'end' encounter, not just end-end-bosses, but all the little big battles at the end of mazes, you're still fully loaded and can go full monty, the aftermath supplying enough goodies to go back to town anyway.

TL: DR You don't have to use all 6 characters for every encounter just because you have 6 characters.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Yer retarded because you are lying and think people here cant tell.

Yes, no, yes.
Its not the hardest game, but in a lot of places merely auto attacking will get you killed.

So the bet is that obviously bad players think games are hard? Truly you must be some kind of mastermind.

You are retarded because you type like a fucking six year old hipster wannabe and you have even worse reading comprehension than usual rpgcodex console idiot. I numererously and purposefully addressed the fact that there are some fights that are more difficult with a melee heavy composition. About 5%. Then there are the sections requiring you to switch to ranged which I also addressed and which you fucking idiots keep thinking is some sort of grand strategy.

Your JCD like lack of simple comprehension is getting unbearable. Try reading what I write before spouting your monkey gibberish you fucking idiot. God, I wish I was at a bar with you so I could push your stool in for you real nice and good.

I fucking hate poor comprehension retards like you. You call me a liar because you can't read and comprehend or build a competent party? You fucking uppity retards are just broken. Fucking millennials. I fucking despise you pussy ass weakling monkey retards. God, your parents failed you so much by not beating some common sense and comprehension into you.

I don't care about your memory trouble; you just sound like a little kid bragging to have played every ie game with tactics mods, when it's clear you haven't. I happen to like SCS & Ascension, which makes BG combat fun. (and way better than iwd2's smurf elves for whiny little brats like yourself)

Another fucking retard millennial with no reading comprehension. Well, at least you fucking idiots aren't communicating with pictures. I guess that is something.

Ridiculous. 1) No one claimed IE combat is partcularily good - it's a clusterfuck 2) how is said clusterfuck is even remotely appealing to a controller fan

Also lumping together BG2 and IWD combat together is retarded, as they have vastly different spell sets for mages and clerics. Not to mention HLAs. See:
Roqua said:

Either you have played BG2 for only a few hours or you are just insane. Even on vanilla the prominent mages or lichs will just wipe your competent "click and watch" melee party, barring prot-undead scroll cheese. Illithids will charm or int-drain your bruisers without buffs etc.
Please bullshit more. And if you are over it, play BG2 with SCS.

BG 2 and IWD combat is the fucking same and plays the same with combat heavy parties. And I am really getting sick and tired of low comprehension retards not understanding what is or is not possible when it comes to something they have never tried.

1) saying using scrolls is cheese is retarded. if I am not supposed to use them, why are they in the game? Should I include other artificial difficulty barriers to make combat suck even more for a competent party?

2) You seem to not understand certain items and what they do.

3) You seem to not understand certain kits and what they do.

4) There is no mage or dragon fight I got into in BG2 that I ever once used a dispel spell or breach or anything to win because it is not necessary. Period. I never beat the game but I got very, very far in it and at the most had to reload a few times to win. Sometimes I had to keep certain characters out of the fight. Sometimes I had to use consumables. Sometimes I needed to switch some gear out. But with minimal effort and fuss I always win. You can live in your retarded fantasy land where parties are built around handling a handful of fights and that is the only way to play, or you could try playing BG2 EE right now with 4 HO fighters (certain kits are better but any will work). And yes, when I play BG2 (and 1) I make all my party members because I like to and I hate talking heads, every character in BG, and they all suck and are built way sub optimally. If there is a mage fight that you really have to cast certain spells to win it is either super late in the game or you are wrong.

Lastly, all you fucking idiots keep telling me I do not take a wizard. I don't take a plain wizard but I always have someone that can cast arcane spells. I just ensure they can do semi-decent sustained damage without casting spells so they are useful on 95% of the filler fights that compromise all the IE games. That usually means I pick someone that can use bows or crossbows, which leaves out plain mages as well as sorcs, but not mage/theifs or mage/fighters or bards.

When you fight things that level drain only send in characters immune by design or by items, or use a consumable or someone, etc. This is sophomoric and basic stuff non retards inherently know. Don't impose your retardedness and lack of thinking ability on me.

Now, if you fucking idiots are done telling me what I can't do which I know I can do because I have done it (and others as well) we can agree to disagree on what good combat is, but I stand by my assertion that any game that can have most of the content steamrolled by a melee heavy party by clicking and watching isn't a good game. Period. If you have something to say about this specifically I will be willing to discuss it. But if the IE games can or cannot have most of the content steamrolled by a melee heavy party by clicking and watching is not up for discussion. It is fact, and all people of at least my level of retardation or above know this. You can say this isn't so, but it is. You can also say the sun is the center of the universe, or the earth is, and that up is down and down is up and gravity is make believe. But again, people of at least my level of retardation or above these things are false.

And no, you do not have to beat a game to understand it's mechanics or what is possible. I played at least 75% of BG2 (and at least 60% of BG 1). I finished IWD when I first got it because linear games are easier for me to finish, but not since because I get bored and am not willing to force myself to complete a boring game. I also do not subscribe to the belief that a game can be a good game because it gets good in the new game + once you beat the game, like with other monkeys claim with Elminage Gothic or other tripe games for monkeys. It is not a tough game and the combat and character building is basic and I do not want to force myself through 100 hours of a game before the combat gets good. Not when there are tons of games that have good mechanics and great combat from the onset.

So fuck you, fuck your fat whore mothers, and fuck super cunt grandmothers. You are all sub-retards and I truly hope you all get aids and die a slow agonizing death. Now if you will excuse me, I have to go back to work and earn a living so I can be taxed to death to support you SSD champions so you have plenty of time to play easy games and think you are super smart wasting all your time setting up for trash fights, and carrying useless characters through games to have a tougher time of 95% of the content to have an easier time with 5%.

Theldaran

Liturgist
but I stand by my assertion that any game that can have most of the content steamrolled by a melee heavy party by clicking and watching isn't a good game.

:D You haven't even beaten the games. Your words. Feel godlike trashing Gibberlings with your "overpowered" party, moron.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Haha. You seem to talk beside my points. Let me repeat: I do think that IE combat sucks mechanically. I do think that you need a varied party or cheese or a bit of meta-knowledge to beat the endgame fights in BG2 or alot of ToB. I don't particularily like or dislike exploits/cheese. I also do think that you need to play BG2 with Sword Coast Stratagems installed and see if your aproach is viable, too.

And besides all that, you can beat BG2 vanilla with pretty much anything, solo or not, as you can abuse the AI. Oh, and play more M.A.X.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
[

4) There is no mage or dragon fight I got into in BG2 that I ever once used a dispel spell or breach or anything to win because it is not necessary. Period. I never beat the game but I got very, very far in it and at the most had to reload a few times to win. Sometimes I had to keep certain characters out of the fight. Sometimes I had to use consumables. Sometimes I needed to switch some gear out. But with minimal effort and fuss I always win. You can live in your retarded fantasy land where parties are built around handling a handful of fights and that is the only way to play, or you could try playing BG2 EE right now with 4 HO fighters (certain kits are better but any will work). And yes, when I play BG2 (and 1) I make all my party members because I like to and I hate talking heads, every character in BG, and they all suck and are built way sub optimally. If there is a mage fight that you really have to cast certain spells to win it is either super late in the game or you are wrong.
I know I think its the SCS, whatever one was updated for the EE. The only other one I use is the portrait packs (for the EE games, when I played IWD 2 I used a bunch like widescreen or whatever the list on the forum on GoG said I should use).
But of course you have never used dispel or breach on dragons in BG2, while playing with SCS which gives them innate spellcasting including stoneskins on top of several hundreds of hp and immunities. And of course you have never used a dispel or breach on a mage either, who in SCS gain long time buffs by default, and short time buffs and hlas if you choose the more difficult options. Either you have never played SCS (or any difficulty-enhancing mod for that matter), or you've played SCS with only the easiest options installed and now are complaining that it was too easy. Next time you choose to brag about your "gaming skillz", pick up a less known mod.

Lhynn

Arcane
You are retarded because you type like a fucking six year old hipster wannabe and you have even worse reading comprehension than usual rpgcodex console idiot. I numererously and purposefully addressed the fact that there are some fights that are more difficult with a melee heavy composition. About 5%. Then there are the sections requiring you to switch to ranged which I also addressed and which you fucking idiots keep thinking is some sort of grand strategy.

Your JCD like lack of simple comprehension is getting unbearable. Try reading what I write before spouting your monkey gibberish you fucking idiot. God, I wish I was at a bar with you so I could push your stool in for you real nice and good.

I fucking hate poor comprehension retards like you. You call me a liar because you can't read and comprehend or build a competent party? You fucking uppity retards are just broken. Fucking millennials. I fucking despise you pussy ass weakling monkey retards. God, your parents failed you so much by not beating some common sense and comprehension into you.
What is heavy melee composition, you can literally swich from melee to ranged with a single click. why even differentiate it? Just say they are physical or something.
Also im fairly certain kiting and changing positioning is important in most hard fights, so it doesnt end with you clicking on the enemy and then winning.

PD: you seem really upset for some reason. letting the anger of being a cuck out on a forum about games bro?

Roqua

Prospernaut
but I stand by my assertion that any game that can have most of the content steamrolled by a melee heavy party by clicking and watching isn't a good game.

:D You haven't even beaten the games. Your words. Feel godlike trashing Gibberlings with your "overpowered" party, moron.

I addressed this, retard. Please learn how to read.
Haha. You seem to talk beside my points. Let me repeat: I do think that IE combat sucks mechanically. I do think that you need a varied party or cheese or a bit of meta-knowledge to beat the endgame fights in BG2 or alot of ToB. I don't particularily like or dislike exploits/cheese. I also do think that you need to play BG2 with Sword Coast Stratagems installed and see if your aproach is viable, too.

And besides all that, you can beat BG2 vanilla with pretty much anything, solo or not, as you can abuse the AI. Oh, and play more M.A.X.

Yes, you think using scrolls is cheese. What else is cheese? Equipping items? Maybe picking locks is cheese? I'm sure you must think rerolling stats or using dump stats is cheese too? Its all cheese, right? And I don't know what MAX is, and I have very little knowledge of hipster console shit so if you are going to use hipster jargon please always assume I do not know what you are talking about, because I never will unless you explain it.

[

I know I think its the SCS, whatever one was updated for the EE. The only other one I use is the portrait packs (for the EE games, when I played IWD 2 I used a bunch like widescreen or whatever the list on the forum on GoG said I should use).
But of course you have never used dispel or breach on dragons in BG2, while playing with SCS which gives them innate spellcasting including stoneskins on top of several hundreds of hp and immunities. And of course you have never used a dispel or breach on a mage either, who in SCS gain long time buffs by default, and short time buffs and hlas if you choose the more difficult options. Either you have never played SCS (or any difficulty-enhancing mod for that matter), or you've played SCS with only the easiest options installed and now are complaining that it was too easy. Next time you choose to brag about your "gaming skillz", pick up a less known mod.

And? Are you saying my guys will never hit? Are you saying these buffs make them completely immune to all damage forever? Click and watch. There are weapons that have a proc chance of dispel and kits which do too. What do you not understand about this? You really need some nuts dragged all over your face to wake you up to reality. The only time I remember not being able to hit anyone is when mages use invisibility. Other than that,unless I am having a really difficult time I do not to cast shit. And then I usually apply simple retard level tactics like aoe cc to trickle enemies back to my guys. This is very much the exception and not the rule.

What is heavy melee composition, you can literally swich from melee to ranged with a single click. why even differentiate it? Just say they are physical or something.
Also im fairly certain kiting and changing positioning is important in most hard fights, so it doesnt end with you clicking on the enemy and then winning.

PD: you seem really upset for some reason. letting the anger of being a cuck out on a forum about games bro?

God, you are so fucking stupid it literally hurts my head. You cannot just click one button because unless you are equipped with a 2hander you cannot also equip a bow. Any DW character or 1h and shield cannot click a button you fucking moron.

And I am fairly certain you are retarded and kiting and changing position are not important in most of the hard fights I've been in. From more recent memory, in BG 1, there is a tower with an underground dungeon early in the game. At the end is a fight I had to reload about 4 or 5 times to change how my party approached it. There were stairs on the east and west side, the entrance on the NNW top, and a mirror in the center. I forget the details, but the most I had to do in this fight was just change who my party members individually engaged and where they were when it started. This was the first fight in BG I had to pay attention to positioning. Was it tough, not really. But I'm sure you monkeys will impose all sorts of artificial difficulty on this fight and say it is impossible without doing x, y, and z.

Maybe if you guys thought about it this way - do you know the book from Hillary Clinton, "It Takes a Village?" Well, just think of that, but change village into "someone less retarded than me." So, there are a million ways you could approach the IE games, but if you were less retarded what I am saying would also be possible for you guys too. But since you all seem to be full blown helmet wearing, window licking retards what I am saying is not possible for you. Just accept it and move on

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom