Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk Leave Bioware (and Gaming Industry)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I said this on CDS the other day: Bioware's mistake was that they didn't try to monetize the NWN engine somehow, perhaps by using it to make a Guild Wars-style small scale MMO. Instead they went the high budget cinematic console game route, which basically forced them into EA's deathly embrace.

UnknownBro

Savant
Finally some INCLINE!
Until EA adquires Obsidian 6 month before Project Eternity release date... :troll:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a pretty sad and bland ending for a company with amazing beginnings. Three two bros following they geeky dreams... :roll:

Oh well, that's life. At least they have $$$.

Black

Arcane
Another formerly great company (yes, Bioware was great -- they made the fucking Infinity Engine, that alone qualifies) dying the long death under EA's thumb. It'll probably be nice for the Dr.s not to have to spout that rancid EA marketing bullshit anymore.
What's so great about IE?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Another formerly great company (yes, Bioware was great -- they made the fucking Infinity Engine, that alone qualifies) dying the long death under EA's thumb. It'll probably be nice for the Dr.s not to have to spout that rancid EA marketing bullshit anymore.
What's so great about IE?
Obsidian is basing their new game on it, don't you know?

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
It's a pretty sad and bland ending for a company with amazing beginnings. Three two bros following they geeky dreams... :roll:

Oh well, that's life. At least they have $$$.

Sad? They were thrown out from a sinking ship in a lifeboat full of money. That's far better than they deserved. Bland? Would you rather see them getting killed by Mossad in a false car accident, and bioware buildings burned? Yeah, me too.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Tis' but a confirmation of what we've known all along.

Still, there is some potential for hilarious butthurt on the BSN.

CrustyBot

Activate copy-paste protocol. You know what to do. :smug:
r00fles.

Ray says he decided to retire back in April?
Yep, those repeated Dev comments that their departures from the company were all completely false definitely holds up now! It looks like those 'rumours' stemmed from some truths.

False.

LOCKDOWN!

devil.png

Oh, wait...

I can assure you that leaving a company that you founded and cherished for 17 years is anything but easy...and the fact that they are both leaving at the same time is more than coincidece...the blog entries are just premade shielding device hiding their true feelings...but to be honest ...who wouldn't have loose their interest, love and enthusiasm for games being pushed/forced to do compromises that are not compatible with the initial incentive you entered this business...of course it fades away quickly

video-game-memes-victims-of-ea.png

...too soon?
Biodrone is a learning animal.

Without these guys i would have never had the experience i have had. A toast to the greatest video game mudafudgers in the swole galaxy!!!!! Salute you guys!

It would be so awesome if they'll join Obsidian

Or not. Maybe Cleve was onto something.

If this turns into a bashing thread, it will be locked.

ninja.png
[rant removed]
ninja.png
ninja.png
[rant removed]
ninja.png
146LJ.gif

Mortmal

Arcane
Guys, YOU would have sold your own company if EA paid you 100+million dollars for it.

The reason these two 'tards are quitting is because they no longer have the incentive to actually work. They have made more money than most ppl ever will, possibly hundreds of millions of dollars when you take into account the sales of all Bioware games pre EA takeover, and then the large sum EA paid them for buying them.

Anyhow, why isn't anyone asking the pertinent question here:

What about Dgaider? Will we see a David Gaydar Kickstarter soon?

No, not everyone would sold, remember gabe was offered 1.000.000.000 $ for steam by EA. But that also maybe because it worth more :)

I dont see why you see that as incline, its just officializing bioware is dead, not a news about us getting fantastic new games, in fact they will still release titles under bioware name but probably much worse than usual. I had some enjoyment from kotor, neverwinter(countless hours with fantastic mods), mass effect, dragon age, not as much as bG2 planescape, TOE or arcanum but still they were fun video games if not hardcore rpgs .Even jade empire, an action game was good for what it is.
Now you will only see abominations on the level of ultima forever , not incline, no sir...

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
These guys founded and co-designed Baldur's Gate. They deserve respect.

Black

Arcane
These guys founded and co-designed Baldur's Gate. They deserve respect.
Oh look, another moron who thinks BG is some kind of holy cow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom