Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk Leave Bioware (and Gaming Industry)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Everyone told them they are fucking idiots for doing swtor. Everyone told them they were fucking idiots for joining EA. Well they knew better...
They really did, considering they sold the company to EA for a few millions

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thanks for the IE engine and games Ray and Greg. :salute:

Guess this means we will NEVER get the Fear In The Ork's Eye™ game. :(

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Greg starts "a web-based interview show about beer"? I think you have competition J_C.

And he can probably afford a bigger drinking horn.

:martini:

Achilles

Arcane
I can't wait for the inevitable Kickstarter and the ensuing Codex fundraiser for a romanceable companion :D

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Another formerly great company (yes, Bioware was great -- they made the fucking Infinity Engine, that alone qualifies) dying the long death under EA's thumb. It'll probably be nice for the Dr.s not to have to spout that rancid EA marketing bullshit anymore.

titus

Arcane
Patron
Another formerly great company (yes, Bioware was great -- they made the fucking Infinity Engine, that alone qualifies) dying the long death under EA's thumb. It'll probably be nice for the Dr.s not to have to spout that rancid EA marketing bullshit anymore.
It was. It's pretty good that they leave actually... one can't whore oneself for money forever. They must be like "fucking EA man... fucking EA..." but then they drink something ridiculously expensive and forget all about it. Anyway, let that be a lesson(like it wasn't enough already) for others.
So, Obsidian is next on EA's list?
:troll:

Cynic

Arcane
It's not called retirement when you have a laundry list of career goals left to get through. It's called quitting. Honestly it's great to see this company fall apart, they truly deserve it. They've made lackluster games promoted through paid interviews and reviews for years now. DA:O and ME were their last "okay" games. Everything else has just been choking on its own faggotry so hard that it puked out any redeeming qualities.

Good riddance.

It was. It's pretty good that they leave actually... one can't whore oneself for money forever. They must be like "fucking EA man... fucking EA..." but then they drink something ridiculously expensive and forget all about it. Anyway, let that be a lesson(like it wasn't enough already) for others.
So, Obsidian is next on EA's list?
:troll:

I hope it's Interplay.

Maybe then, youknowwho might be able to sink EA.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Meh, wished they stayed longer, now biotards will sat that Dragon Age 3 will suck due BioWare losing their leaders, and forever remenber how their great leadership brought the "Golden Era of RPGs", with gems like DA 2 and ME3...

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
masseffect_01.jpg

That's how I will remember those two :troll:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
It's not called retirement when you have a laundry list of career goals left to get through. It's called quitting.

Actually it's probably called getting fired,I seriously doubt this was voluntary,there were rumours about EA not being happy with the "success" of TORtanic and their other projects for a few months now,they probably did this whole "retirement" thing for PR reasons and damage control which is what Bioware seems to specialize in these days

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Guys, YOU would have sold your own company if EA paid you 100+million dollars for it.

The reason these two 'tards are quitting is because they no longer have the incentive to actually work. They have made more money than most ppl ever will, possibly hundreds of millions of dollars when you take into account the sales of all Bioware games pre EA takeover, and then the large sum EA paid them for buying them.

Anyhow, why isn't anyone asking the pertinent question here:

What about Dgaider? Will we see a David Gaydar Kickstarter soon?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Greg's explanation especially sounds like retroactive rationalization. Kind of like Stanley Woo's, come to think of it.

mondblut

Arcane
Charity vs beer, which is better and why?

Either way, we'll see them on kickstarter in a five years or so.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Guys, YOU would have sold your own company if EA paid you 100+million dollars for it.

The reason these two 'tards are quitting is because they no longer have the incentive to actually work. They have made more money than most ppl ever will, possibly hundreds of millions of dollars when you take into account the sales of all Bioware games pre EA takeover, and then the large sum EA paid them for buying them.

Anyhow, why isn't anyone asking the pertinent question here:

What about Dgaider? Will we see a David Gaydar Kickstarter soon?
Depends how much money I was making in the first place. I'd rather be Gabe Newell than just another VP at EA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom