Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will just remind everyone that none of this would have happened (requiring 2FA to log in) had it not been for the actions of likely a single user who was so butthurt over the content or direction or even existence of one thread in our off-topic section that they decided to breach the accounts of several of the people who also participated in that thread and chose the one way to grief this site -- mass deleting posts, breaking multiple thread continuity -- that forced the administration to take action.

You can take issue with the severity of said action but to blame the administration for the incident in the first place is weapons-grade retardation.
And who was hacked in the end? (was it me??)

DexterMorgan (maybe, this one happened previously), DarkPatriot, Konjad and Brazilian Slaughter.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Imagine instead abusing entire forum to change you just gave that potato retard another account?

He probably gave his password to some tranny for dick pics while chatting in live chat.

Oh, no! Super famous poster I never herd of would be so upset and if he leaves what on earth would we do?

We have so few Potato toilet cleaners here, we have to protect those peasants.
You easily forget that it were the retard actions of a vatnik that started the whole issue.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

DexterMorgan (maybe, this one happened previously), DarkPatriot, Konjad and Brazilian Slaughter.
All of them noble supporters of Ukraine.
If you are a (non-disabled) man, the only way you can be a noble supporter of a cause is by putting your ass on the front line. Anything else is pussy shit and you don't get to claim you're a supporter.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

If you are a (non-disabled) man, the only way you can be a noble supporter of a cause is by putting your ass on the front line. Anything else is pussy shit and you don't get to claim you're a supporter.
No,you can also organise fundraisers, send money, finance weapon purchases, deliver aid etc. There are many options.

But my point was different: that only supporters of Ukraine from the known thread were targetted by the hacking attacks. This points quite obviously to the culprit.

And so other vatniks should shut their traps about the new measures introduced to safeguard against such attacks in the future.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

No,you can also organise fundraisers, send money, finance weapon purchases, deliver aid etc. There are many options.
So the stuff women should do, makes sense you think so. If you're a real man who actually believes in the cause you'll do more than send some money.

Melcar

Arcane
I will just remind everyone that none of this would have happened (requiring 2FA to log in) had it not been for the actions of likely a single user who was so butthurt over the content or direction or even existence of one thread in our off-topic section that they decided to breach the accounts of several of the people who also participated in that thread and chose the one way to grief this site -- mass deleting posts, breaking multiple thread continuity -- that forced the administration to take action.

You can take issue with the severity of said action but to blame the administration for the incident in the first place is weapons-grade retardation.

So third worlders? Why do we care about them again? Is that the new Codex user base?

SexExitium

Augur
Taluntain I don't know how these mass deletions went down but maybe there's some sort of a xenforo flood prevention feature or add-on that could be used to restrict the deletion of one's own posts to once every 15mins or whatever. wouldn't that do the trick?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There's no such addon, but post deletion could be time-limited or disabled altogether, as discussed in this thread previously.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
post deletion could be time-limited
Wouldn't that solve the whole issue? Make it like one post deletion per hour.

2FA on a discussion forum is just overkill, especially with the 30-day limit and the fact that even that does not work for quite a few people.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
2FA on a discussion forum is just overkill
Is it? It's already solved the problem, and we could argue (if we were heartless assholes) that it already has solved who knows how many other problems by driving off a large contingent of our more problematic users due to their uncontrollable rage at the temerity that an obscure nerdy computer roleplaying games-oriented website would turn on a feature to protect itself from blatant malicious activity.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Especially weird when users who have literally made payments to the website suddenly feel scared of connecting their phone to it. Nigga, your name, personal number, bank account, etc, is connected to it via that $5 you wasted on Trump icons.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Wouldn't that solve the whole issue? Make it like one post deletion per hour.
Not limited like that, limited the same as post edits can be limited, i.e. how far back you can go when editing posts. E.g. a week, a month, 3 months, etc. Anything else would require custom development and is unlikely.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Especially weird when users who have literally made payments to the website suddenly feel scared of connecting their phone to it. Nigga, your name, personal number, bank account, etc, is connected to it via that $5 you wasted on Trump icons.
Try reading the thread title. And this thread, where it's mentioned about two dozen times that you don't need a phone and that we don't get your phone number even if you do use it for 2FA.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
whydoibother makes a valid point, though. If you donated to Codex, we already "know who you are". Now, all of a sudden, you're worried about providing potentially more info?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
There is a better and relatively easily solution that will work for everyone and will not waste our time.
It's interesting that you won't share what your opinion of this is by default.

Almost like we have to guess what it is.

Almost like a woman.
Are you high or something? I have no idea what opinion you are talking about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom