Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Recently one of our more... prolific posters had his account compromised, after which the perpetrator apparently went on a mass-deletion spree which has fouled up all the threads this particular user participated in. Needless to say it has caused some consternation and poor Twiglard now can't get any sleep because he has to sort all this out.

If you haven't already, you need to enable and start using our two-step verification feature (also known as two-factor authentication, or 2FA) which you can find in the security section of your settings page.

You have two choices: you can set it to use an app like Authy which you install on your cell phone and every month have to launch to verify the code, or you can just use an alternate email address to do the same thing. The app is recommended, because it's more of a stringent security system, but many of you are probably either too poor to afford a smart phone or you haven't upgraded from your dad's ancient flip phone yet.

2FA. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Don't be that guy.

Thank you.

- The Administration

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Considering this mostly seemed to be targetted at the Ukraine thread, I do find it somewhat hilarious that someone presumably got butthurt enough at DarkPatriot's pro-Ukraine posting to go to the effort of compromising his account and deleting the posts.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
:hmmm:

how many posts need to be purged from a thread in order to trigger this? Is it raw count, percentage? Any other factors like min thread length?
asking for a friend

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It could theoretically be just one post because eventually down the line it's going to add up to one of the pages not being on the page it was supposed to be on before.

So the mass deletion didn't leave any placeholders? Twiglard, is that right?

Peachcurl

Cipher
Frankly don't understand why we even have a delete feature when it can get that bad.
That's the point of my post above: when you delete a post here, it's just hidden from public view. That retains the thread structure, without which the thread breaks.
Ah, makes sense. Guess then you're also right to suspect it doesn't work as intended.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
It could theoretically be just one post because eventually down the line it's going to add up to one of the pages not being on the page it was supposed to be on before.

So the mass deletion didn't leave any placeholders? Twiglard, is that right?
so in order to test it properly one should create post on 1st page of many threads, delete and see which ones get broken?
In before 'so 666 is the limit'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom