Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Proof why Avellone is superior to any rpg dev

Exmit

Scholar
shit busted

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
No, because they are bros and working with bros is a better than to work alone or don't work at all. :smug:

On a more serious note, I think these guys still have fun doing their games, even if they drifted a bit into consolification. Having fun is the most important part, and I guess that makes it somewhat ok. They are still one of the few remaining studios where you can see that they put a bit passion in.

Imbecile said:
catfood said:
z7447433X,Chris-Avellone.jpg

That photo makes me laugh. Its so ridiculously posed that it makes me thing that Avellone takes himself waaay too seriously :lol:

If you never made kewl poses in front of the mirror, you have no soul.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Surf Solar said:
On a more serious note, I think these guys still have fun doing their games, even if they drifted a bit into consolification. Having fun is the most important part, and I guess that makes it somewhat ok. They are still one of the few remaining studios where you can see that they put a bit passion in.

You also have to see that Obsidian consists of many designers with different perspectives of gaming. Them expanding into other possible hybrids/gernes doesn't mean they are now only going to do Action RPGs etc. As long as they have work its all good.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Ed123 said:
The impossible comes before the totally, so it should be more along the lines of "BUT IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TOTALLY HATE MCA IN FALLOUT TACTICS?".

derpderpderpderpilikecocksderpderpderpderpderp
What about Chris Avellone in Fallout? Is it possible to totally hate MCA there? Also but.

Also 2: Yes, Deadly Stream is the best place for downloading the KOTOR2 restoration patch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Surf Solar said:
Perpetual crunch time isn't very fun at all. JR Vosovic backpedaled like a bitch and deleted his post about it, fortunately someone on the Obsidian forums saved it for posterity:
I'm flying to SF for GDC tonight and will prob get an IG vs. Orks in on Fri night and head over to the Microsoft Party on Thurs. Awesome! Funny how much changes in a year, and just how fast this last year vanished. This time last year I was in full crunch on Fallout: New Vegas, wasn't even considering leaving Obsidian, and only had 1 kid! =)

Last year I left GDC inspired and drafted a bunch of single-player 40K scenarios which I never really finished as FNV Crunch crushed my desire to live and work for OBS.

Working at Acti-Bliz the last 2+ months you can really see the differences in successful publishers vs. not, although I do slightly have that cog in the machine feel. It's probably all in my head

IronicNeurotic said:
You also have to see that Obsidian consists of many designers with different perspectives of gaming. Them expanding into other possible hybrids/gernes doesn't mean they are now only going to do Action RPGs etc. As long as they have work its all good.
I predict that every game they make from now on will be an action game with RPG elements or maybe a RPG with action game elements at best.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Ed123 said:
The impossible comes before the totally, so it should be more along the lines of "BUT IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TOTALLY HATE MCA IN FALLOUT TACTICS?".

derpderpderpderpilikecocksderpderpderpderpderp
What about Chris Avellone in Fallout? Is it possible to totally hate MCA there? Also but.

Also 2: Yes, Deadly Stream is the best place for downloading the KOTOR2 restoration patch.

:salute: Thanks for the confirmation.

Also, who was responsible for Honest Hearts ? Compare to Dead Money and Old World Blues, I didn't find the writing (or pretty much everything else) as good as the other two.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Sawyer was the guy behind HH, and yes, I agree, I found it pretty bland and boring.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea, the writing in HH isn't comparable to DM and OWB, but the location is really pretty and it's still miles better than anything Bioware and Bethesda put out these days.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
anus_pounder said:
:oops: I thought there was about 3 of them - Jizzka, that one and a 3rd.
Jizzka's was never released so I don't consider it as an option. There was a 3rd one, or actually a handful of mods that together fixed some unfinished stuff, and these except one got put together and other stuff added to form TSLRCM, the one exception being the Prologue-Peragus-Harbinger corrections, which until recently worked on top of TSLRCM, but due to not being able to contact the author (and therefore not being able to integrate his mod into theirs and add to the fixes in these areas) Zbyl/Stoney made their own corrections to Prologue/Peragus and integrated them into TSLRCM.

Exmit

Scholar
:mca:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom