Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"It looks clear, come on down." Rhenmyr calls up to the others while freeing up the rope.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Not sure if that bodes well or not. The Wolf may be hiding to get the advantage. We have no choice though. Damn it to the most fiery hells." Mab grudgingly goes down.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"We can either set them on fire from a safe distance, but mayhap we should test the nature of these fumes first."

Borric gets as close to the fumes as possible to inhale it for less than a brief instant.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric gets as close as he dares. The vapors smell strongly of brimstone -- all rotten eggs and rot. Given that nobody has dropped dead yet in the confined space of the cavern it's probably a safe bet that the fumes aren't poisonous.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Only one way to find out." Rhenmyr wets a rag with water from his canteen and ties it over this mouth and nose before heading for the larger grotto carefully checking his footing.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The narrow passage that the stream of fetid water flows through is very low, requiring you to crawl on your bellies. The way forward is hard going; sharp rocks scrape exposed skin, and the choking fumes sting your eyes and burn your lungs. Fortunately the passage isn't very long -- thirty feet or so -- and you emerge into a large cavern that is considerably colder than the small cyst you left behind.

Strangely, the chamber is filled with a very faint bluish luminescence, but there is no obvious source of light. As each of you raise yourselves up and take in the panorama, you surmise that the cavity is about fifty feet wide and about eighty feet long; roughly ovoid in shape. Hundreds of long, thin stalactites hang precariously from the vaulted ceiling and the stream meanders around several large stalagmites away from you spreading out across the stony floor in a wide thin sheet of water converging in a large, roiling pool of black water about twenty feet wide in a far corner of the cavern. The pool appears to be the source of the thick miasma of yellowish fumes.

lfmOIS7.png

L'ennui

Magister
Urash takes in the surroundings. "I wonder what creates that blue light... Some sort of chemical process, perhaps?"

Looking to Rashid, he says snidely in Acadian: "Although... I doubt our friends here would know anything of true alchemy... Would it not be for the dire task that brings us here, I would almost feel compelled to make a rough sketch of this place and collect some samples for the Academy's sages."

Does the black pool have a visible source? A crack in the cavern's wall or something like that?

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Mab whispers to himself, "So, here I am, at the end of this long road. I hope this ends well." Then, louder, "Well, what the devil are we waiting for? We got a demon to kill, and a town to save."

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric moves to the center, while trying to make note of any sensory feedback the spear gives.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric holds the spear in front of himself, almost like a dousing rod, and starts to walk to the center of the cavern. The floor changes from rock to a fine black sand, but the spear provides no other feedback, save for the constant sensation of eagerness for blood. The edge of the pool is now about 20 feet ahead and to your right.

hDtaO4i.jpg

Wayward Son

Mab scans and begins to walk along the walls and makes sure that he stays aware of his surrounding.

Wayward Son

Mab passes him a sling bullet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom