Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"I'll do it, of course."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric joins two ropes together and cinches one end to his waist, and throws two coils over his shoulder. In his armor the way up is tough, treacherous climbing, but he keeps his feet and his handholds remain true as he pulls at various outcroppings of rock and clumps of heather. After ten or so tense minutes he gains an outcropping of rock that overlooks the rockslide and the opening in the hillside. Seated on the horn of rock he joins the two coils of rope to the one tied around his waist and drapes the two lengths over each side of the outcropping and throws them down.

The loose ends of the rope dangle in between the edge of the trail and the hole in the hillside - ten feet to each side.

nikolokolus

Arcane
(For simplicity's sake I'll assume that Borric complies)

Borric swings the rope strands by pushing and pulling them from the top. Slowly but surely they begin to move back and forth, gaining momentum with each swing. Eventually they swing into Urash's grasp.

L'ennui

Magister

Borric swings the rope strands by pushing and pulling them from the top. Slowly but surely they begin to move back and forth, gaining momentum with each swing. Eventually they swing into Urash's grasp.

Urash lunges at the swinging rope with both hands.

Roll needed? I'll edit the text below if necessary.

"It's been a while since I've done this... Well, here goes!"

Stepping carefully while also heaving himself upward with the rope, Urash begins his climb.

nikolokolus

Arcane

Urash lunges at the swinging rope with both hands.

Roll needed? I'll edit the text below if necessary.

"It's been a while since I've done this... Well, here goes!"

Stepping carefully while also heaving himself upward with the rope, Urash begins his climb.

No climbing required.

Let me see if I can do a better job of painting a picture with words. The hole in the hillside is at eye-level as you stand on the trail, but twenty feet away. All that is required is to hold on to the rope and either swing over to the hole or "run" along the cliffside while secured by the rope.

Depending on what you do, there may or may not be a roll required

L'ennui

Magister
Aaah, that's very helpful, I was picturing it wrong.

Doing his best not to lose his footing or his grip on the rope, Urash tries to approach the hole in the hillside by a succession of quick "hops" along the collapsed cliffside.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Lets hope this mage fares better underground than the last one..." Rhenmyr mutters. "Good, mage, swing the rope back when you have your footing."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash holds on to the two dangling strands of rope and launches himself into empty space, bounding across the steep slope several times before finally managing to hook a leg into the three foot-wide hole. Without too much difficulty you find your feet and swing the rope ends back across the chasm to the trail's end.

One by one everyone manages to swing out and into the hole over the next fifteen minutes or so. Finally only Borric remains straddling the horn of rock where the ropes are affixed

ERYFKRAD how do want to get down?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric takes both strands of the hanging ropes in his hands and begins to rappel down the steep face of the hill. Without much difficulty he reaches the cleft and squeezes into the narrow opening and a short passage. wherein the rest of his companions work at lighting a torch, although a small pool of light streams in at an angle from the broken wall.

A few moments later a brand catches fire and a chamber is illuminated. The dimly lit space is about 25 feet square and has partially collapsed: tall stone slabs that once supported the ceiling are now canted inward by the weight of the earth above and fallen debris is piled in the center of the room. The floor where you entered has fallen away, and it seems as if the entire chamber could collapse with the slightest disturbance.

An arched doorway is visible across the room and the chalk-lined walls are dingy and moisture streaked, but you are able to make out highly stylized, black charcoal figures along the walls to either side of the door. They appear to be animals of some sort in various action poses -- massive cat-like figures with great talons and long backward curving canine teeth taking down aurochs, crouching, leaping, etc.

aIwCb45.png

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
With a torch lit, Rhenmyr examines the pictographs surrounding the door. "Those look like formidable beasts." Then he turns his attention to the door itself.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"I hope we will not have them spring to life and fight us, could someone check if these are but statues?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule whispers, breaking the eerie silence, "These decorations, they belong to the Cult of the Cave Lion . . . an old and long since passed warrior tradition from generations before I was born." He stops talking and looks at the scene somewhat awestruck.

nikolokolus

Arcane
At Borric's words, Rhenmyr scans the room's reflection in the mirror.

Rhenmyr holds the mirror aloft and pivots, allowing him to look at the entirety of the room. The reflection does not change.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom