Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Play-by-Post: In Search of the Sorcerer

nikolokolus

Arcane
"I hope we will not have them spring to life and fight us, could someone check if these are but statues?"
There are no statues in here, just wall paintings. The archways have somewhat crude, bas relief carvings of feline creatures across the lintel.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"The mirror shows nothing amiss, Borric." Rhenmyr in Illyrian. He continues in Keltic. "Brule, We walk into your people's history. There may be much to learn. And hopefully we will get what we need to save their future."

L'ennui

Magister
Looking around with a mixture of wonder and concern, Urash says: "... Not to mention the place looks like it could crumble down at the slightest disturbance. I agree, best be quick about it."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"It really is quite fascinating, however. To think of how much value the tribe puts into the place, the history behind it ..." Marcán ponders as he gazes about, walking forward. "Do you know more of this cult, Brule?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Brule shakes his head, "I don't know much. I've only heard the stories. It's said that long ago warriors of this land would sometimes bind themselves to a great animal spirit. In return these men could take the guise of a beast -- Lion, wolf, bear, badger." He smiles weakly, "But it's also said these men paid a terrible price; sometimes they would go mad or forget they were men altogether."

"After the coming of Ulfheonar the priests tell us that men turned away from these practices . . . The Blaidd Mawr's return to Crannógmere makes me wonder if the source of our woe isn't somehow tied to the breach in this tomb?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
The door leading out of the tomb stands slightly ajar. Moisture and age appear to have warped the stout wood considerably and it appears to be "stuck." However, the gap looks wide enough that an unarmored man might be able squeeze through.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Borric brings out a crowbar from his pack, to apply leverage to widen the wood.

What's my roll?

"Let me see if I can fit through there after you work the door open with your crowbar Borrick. I am curious to see what we find in there."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric brings out a crowbar from his pack, to apply leverage to widen the wood.

What's my roll?
Good ol' fashioned 'open doors' roll. Borric has 17 strength, so you need 1-4 on a d6 to succeed. But, because you are using a prybar, your chance of success is 1-5 in 6

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"I wouldn't be at all surprised the the breach caused the problem. Your people may want to consider repairing this place when this is over."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Borric wiggles one end of his prybar between the door and the floor and puts all of his force behind it. The door easily lifts and pulls back with a minimum of noise. You peek through and a corridor stretches on into the darkness.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash is at the rear of the troupe, looking back at the chamber through which they entered. He is on the lookout for any signs of the ceiling or walls caving in further. The weight of the stones and earth feels like it could crush him any moment now.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Urash is at the rear of the troupe, looking back at the chamber through which they entered. He is on the lookout for any signs of the ceiling or walls caving in further. The weight of the stones and earth feels like it could crush him any moment now.
Hold this thought ...

While Borric was working on the door, Ker searched the rooms for any secrets or valuables.
The floor is littered with blocks of stone of various sizes. In the center and east end of the chamber, the rubble is particularly thick.
How are you searching and for how long?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Our benevolent gm wouldn't kill us already, right ? :)
Ker takes some time to check the rubble piles where the stones are easy to remove by hand, calling whoever interested to help him.

Last edited:

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ker carefully picks through the tumbled masonry, taking great pains not to disturb anything that looks as though it might be load bearing -- this process takes about 30 minutes, but much to your (and everyone else's) relief, the ceiling remains intact in spite of your picking, digging through and stacking rubble. Eventually, your digging uncovers the base of a stone bier and a glint of something metal buried in a pile of loose gravel and earth. You sweep aside the pile of scree and reveal more of the metallic object -- an oval shield of hammered bronze.

On the face of the shield is a magnificent embossed sabre-toothed cave-lion's head in profile. Miraculously, the shield seems to have endured the collapse of the ceiling with no ill effect.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ker carefully picks through the tumbled masonry, taking great pains not to disturb anything that looks as though it might be load bearing -- this process takes about 30 minutes, but much to your (and everyone else's) relief, the ceiling remains intact in spite of your picking, digging through and stacking rubble. Eventually, your digging uncovers the base of a stone bier and a glint of something metal buried in a pile of loose gravel and earth. You sweep aside the pile of scree and reveal more of the metallic object -- an oval shield of hammered bronze.

On the face of the shield is a magnificent embossed sabre-toothed cave-lion's head in profile. Miraculously, the shield seems to have endured the collapse of the ceiling with no ill effect.
Ker shows the shield to the locals. "This is truly a beautiful work of art! Worth the dirty digging! Have you heard of it before? Marcan, what about you?"

nikolokolus

Arcane

Ker shows the shield to the locals. "This is truly a beautiful work of art! Worth the dirty digging! Have you heard of it before? Marcan, what about you?"

With Fidach and Oona still outside, Ker shows his find to Brule whose eyes go a little wide, "This shield. I've heard of it. A king of Crannógmere from many generations past bore the lion's head as a standard; the last king before the coming of Ulfheonar and the last warrior of the Cult of the Cave Lion." He looks up at the fallen ceiling and the ruined bier with a forlorn expression, "Alas his corpse is no more, and his spirit lost -- set adrift on the seas of Otherworld. The shield can help him no longer, take it if you will. Perhaps the emblem of Blaidd Mawr's mortal enemy will prove a boon in our endeavor?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom