Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Piranha Bytes' New Game: ELEX

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Risen 3 was the last straw in terms of me giving them the benefit of the doubt. I anticipate Fallout 4 more.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Caveman
Oligarchy
Doritos
Eating
XXY (chromosomes)

klinefelter-syndrome_.jpg

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have to agree that the title is not exactly optimal.
I'm not even sure how to pronounce it, and I'm German, got no idea what their idea behind that was.

Well, if it turns out to be of Risen 1 / Gothic 3 (after patched to annihilation and back) / Gothic 2 quality, I'll be happy.
If it turns out to be of Risen 3 quality, I'll at least be entertained for a while.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I anticipate Fallout 4 more.
bethestard.png

11206.jpg

Too easy?

---

I guess PB just continues naming their games with adjectives (Gothic, Risen). This time they just had four adjectives to choose from (Ecletic, Lavish, Exhilarating, Xenial), and they could not decide which one was the best, so they made up a new name out of their first letters!

Which means we might have missed out on the game potentially being titled "Lavish" - kind of sad.

As for the game's premise - as someone who has only played the good PB games (Gothic 1&2, Risen 1), I remain cautiously optimistic. Science fantasy is a seriously underused theme/setting, with huge potential, so this might be really good.

Please?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I anticipate Fallout 4 more.
bethestard.png

11206.jpg

Too easy?

---

I guess PB just continues naming their games with adjectives (Gothic, Risen). This time they just had four adjectives to choose from (Ecletic, Lavish, Exhilarating, Xenial), and they could not decide which one was the best, so they made up a new name out of their first letters!

Which means we might have missed out on the game potentially being titled "Lavish" - kind of sad.

As for the game's premise - as someone who has only played the good PB games (Gothic 1&2, Risen 1), I remain cautiously optimistic. Science fantasy is a seriously underused theme/setting, with huge potential, so this might be really good.

Please?
With Bethesderp I know what I'm getting: a more fleshed out version of Borderlands. With PB these days they lull you into a sense that maybe they know what they're doing this time around... but will ultimately fail... again. Especially with a big publisher behind them.

Cassidy

Arcane
Will the true spiritual successor to Gothic 4: ArcaniA finally happen? From Risen 1 to 3 the quality gap between Piranha Bytes games and ArcaniA already diminished considerably, so it's very likely they will nail it with ELEX.

Dead Guy

Cipher
ELEX is a handcrafted action role-playing experience from the award-winning creators of the Gothic series, set in a brand new post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that puts players into a huge, seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action.

O6SW0g1.jpg

:Flash:

Arcane
Telex began in Germany as a research and development program in 1926 that became an operational teleprinter service in 1933. The service was operated by theReichspost (Reich postal service) and had a speed of 50 baud — approximately 66 words-per-minute.

220px-Telex.jpg
220px-Telex_machine_ASR-32.jpg

Cynicus

Augur
EXLAX: The Liberation of Buttmuddia

In loving memory of Piranha Bytes
2001 - 2009

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The important question is - can I get an immortal, invincible party member to tag along who will fight the mobs for me and even heal me if I get hurt by some incredible misfortune?

Because that was totally awesome in Risen 3.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Elex sounds like a shower gel...

edit: just googled and it fucking is one... this must be a joke... i swear I didn't know that before
ego_bath.jpg

who the fuck buys shower gel in canisters anyways
confused.gif

Last edited:

Caconym

Augur
Elex sounds like a shower gel...

edit: just googled and it fucking is one... this must be a joke... i swear I didn't know that before
ego_bath.jpg

who the fuck buys shower gel in canisters anyways
confused.gif
Car owners?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I can really visualize how someone takes a canister, pours the liquid all over the body and then lights up a fire takes a shower

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom