Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Piranha Bytes' New Game: ELEX

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
712238df142a1d0daf7d5fb09e33391b73832cd5f648d29a3e534e634fd13b8e.jpg

edit: I am wondering how many of the key people responsible for Gothic & Gothic 2 still work at Piranha Bytes?

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fingers crossed for something semi-entertaining... despite how this appears at first glance.

edit - Oh fuck this, who am I kidding....

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also what do they mean with "hand-crafted RPG"? Are RPGs typically machine-crafted?

Ridiculous buzzwords getting even more ridiculous.

OUR GAME IS PROGRAMMED!!!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So a SCI-FI (Gothic with GUNZ)? game from PB, with a different Publisher. I guess I'll sit back and watch in morbid curiosity. I don't expect much, based on the progression of games they did from Risen to Ris3n. :M

Zeriel

Arcane
So a SCI-FI (Gothic with GUNZ)? game from PB, with a different Publisher. I guess I'll sit back and watch in morbid curiosity. I don't expect much, based on the progression of games they did from Risen to Ris3n. :M

It's science fantasy, not sci-fi. Whether or not there'll be guns, who knows. I don't think they'd emphasize the science fantasy wording if it was going to be like Fallout, though.

Complex
Omnivorous
Dark
Edgy
Xenial

I want to fist, but I have no hands.

m_s0

Arcane
Also what do they mean with "hand-crafted RPG"? Are RPGs typically machine-crafted?

Ridiculous buzzwords getting even more ridiculous.

OUR GAME IS PROGRAMMED!!!
I was wondering the same thing. My only guess is there won't be randomly generated - and I hate the term - content. Beyond that, I have no clue.

Maybe they're making this game on clay tablets or something.

Caconym

Augur
You know it!

Well, in a sense. Semi-procedurally generated landscapes, clone fetch quests from clone NPCs, uninspired, by-the-numbers content...
PB's best games felt different than this formulaic bullshit.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
EXCEL? At least there'll be some number crunching.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom