Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pillars of Eternity Thread [Pre-Expansion]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yea prison is useless. I also had it as one of my early upgrades and only prisoner escaped a few days after I put him there lol

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
A couple of weeks ago some slowpoke reviewer gave PoE a 3.5, translating to a Metacritic 70, bringing the score down to 89. :lol:

Still Obsidian's highest rated game.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, I really liked playing PoE, but I haven't finished it. I'm close to the ending, but I haven't played in a pretty long while.
For a reason. I want to finsih one certain thing before going for the finale, but since I'm a shitty player, it's to hard for me.
So do you have any nice tips how I can easily defeat
The Adra Dragon / The master below?
At this point I really don't care if it's some really cheap trick. Hell, worst case scenario I'd even consider cheating. Since with my simple methods of shitplaying it just doesn't work.
I'm a storyfag, so fights as hard as this aren't really fun for me.
So if you have some nice advice...
(My char is a Priest and I think I'm level 11 or something.)

Rake

Arcane
So, I really liked playing PoE, but I haven't finished it. I'm close to the ending, but I haven't played in a pretty long while.
For a reason. I want to finsih one certain thing before going for the finale, but since I'm a shitty player, it's to hard for me.
At this point I really don't care if it's some really cheap trick. Hell, worst case scenario I'd even consider cheating. Since with my simple methods of shitplaying it just doesn't work.
Gaze of the Adragan or whatever the wizard spell is called. Just spam it untill it hits. When it hits the dragon attak him until it dies (3 seconds Top)
Unless Sawyer nerfed it, don't know for sure

tdphys

Learned
If you follow the dialogue carefully you can take care of the adra dragon without fighting it, I'd assume this would be more interesting for the storyfag

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The way I did the Adra dragon is that i kited away its minions from the edge of fog of war, then I saved and attacked the dragon. I paralized it, and hit it with everything I got. Still I had to reload a lot of times and I needed the luck for the paralization to work.

Ziem

Arbiter
Gaze of the Adragan or whatever the wizard spell is called. Just spam it untill it hits. When it hits the dragon attak him until it dies (3 seconds Top)
Unless Sawyer nerfed it, don't know for sure
petrifying traps also work
and yeah it did get nerfed iirc petrified dudes take 2x health damage instead of 4x and the debuff doesnt last as long as it originally did.

Dorateen

Arcane
Started playing Pillars over the weekend. I find it ironic the reason I had this game backlogged and only just got around to installing is because I was busy finishing an early-Wizardry-like dungeon crawler; the kind of role-playing game that Mr. Sawyer said he would not consider an RPG today. Ha!

In light of the commentary surrounding this title, I wanted to share an early impression and expectation. I think Pillars is strongest when it draws upon its Dungeons & Dragons roots. When I can point to a specific situation, concept or mechanic and declare that is something straight out of D&D role-playing. And when Pillars deviates from this tradition, it is weakest.

Another observation that struck me, if the adventure had originated at the Black Hound Inn, and the party from there embarked on a five wagon caravan, which is waylaid by disaster resulting in the travelling companions being left dead or missing… it would have followed exactly the narrative footsteps of Icewind Dale. That is to say, the elements found in Ice Wind Dale’s introduction/prologue are also present here, no matter they’ve been rearranged. And now that I’ve got a custom party, I’m ready to roll.

For the record, it took me roughly two hours from the tutorial to reach Gilded Vale. After exploring the ruins completely, there were three forced conversations/cut-scenes to get through until I was at the doorstep of the Black Hound and using the character creation option in short order.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Started playing Pillars over the weekend. I find it ironic the reason I had this game backlogged and only just got around to installing is because I was busy finishing an early-Wizardry-like dungeon crawler; the kind of role-playing game that Mr. Sawyer said he would not consider an RPG today. Ha!

In light of the commentary surrounding this title, I wanted to share an early impression and expectation. I think Pillars is strongest when it draws upon its Dungeons & Dragons roots. When I can point to a specific situation, concept or mechanic and declare that is something straight out of D&D role-playing. And when Pillars deviates from this tradition, it is weakest.

Another observation that struck me, if the adventure had originated at the Black Hound Inn, and the party from there embarked on a five wagon caravan, which is waylaid by disaster resulting in the travelling companions being left dead or missing… it would have followed exactly the narrative footsteps of Icewind Dale. That is to say, the elements found in Ice Wind Dale’s introduction/prologue are also present here, no matter they’ve been rearranged. And now that I’ve got a custom party, I’m ready to roll.

For the record, it took me roughly two hours from the tutorial to reach Gilded Vale. After exploring the ruins completely, there were three forced conversations/cut-scenes to get through until I was at the doorstep of the Black Hound and using the character creation option in short order.

Post some screenshots of your badass all-dwarf party.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://eternity.obsidian.net/media/wallpapers

Wallpaper_PosterDragon_2560x2048.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom