Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Look who's watching this thread:

He is nuking us from orbit.
The Fantastically Indifferent cute nerd with an anime look.
decline.png
Fairfax, you have been noted for reading too much tvtropes.
:updatedmytxt:

Guys, if your association is with anime, maybe you are the very kind of player you are complaining about.

Personally, I wonder how exactly will writers convey other party members' being "shocked at her intimate familiarity with death and her dispassionate affect in the face of even the most grisly scenes." given the fact this is a game where you slaughter enemies by the scores. What sort of grisly scenes will be offered us by the game narrative, for Ydwen to demonstrate her "dispassionate affect" against.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If the total FIG investments actually reached $2.25 million, that means that they have another $330k to add. That's $4.1 million guaranteed. They might actually hit $4.5 million.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Unrelated question: If I don't have enough funds in my debit card at the end of the campaign, does Fig do what Kickstarter does and notify me of that, trying to get the money off the card for 14 days after that? I'm just not certain if I have like 1-2 euro less than what I need.
If you don't think you'll have enough you can probably just pledge the minimum amount and update it later, I was planning on the same thing but got some money sooner than expected.

Thanks, anyone else have any concrete info regarding my question?

Ydwin doesn't look like a serious scientist, but a tumblrina.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
From the reddit transcription:

There is a thread on the forums about how "evil" actions netted more permanent action bonuses than good actions for quests. Will there be an attempt to balance this out?
JS: No, you're greedy so you get more material rewards. That's how it goes. But if you are nasty and bad there will probably be more reactivity to you being nasty and bad.

But especially in a case where no one is around to see you do it, yep, you were nasty and you got a cool thing out of it, because you're evil.

BN: Did we talk about reverse pickpocket yet?

JS: Get ready.

BN: We are going to do some reverse pickpocketing, so if you want to plan explosives on people and blow them up...You'll be able to do that.

JS: There will be explosives, also. Which you can make with Alchemy.

BN: Yes, Alchemy is one of our new skills.

JS: Actually, it's not that you can make them with Alchemy, but it allows you to use them better, I believe.
Answer regarding paypal.
Are you going to be adding PayPal to the payment methods? I would really love to be able to pledge.JS: That is coming post-campaign. We're still going to be collecting stuff after the end of the game with PayPal.

Last edited:

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fulvano is a fucking hack. He's too much of a coward to disembark, he only sails close to the shore to get a glimpse of each island to fill his imagination when he's writing down his descriptions and sailing back and forth in a drunken stupor.

Sizzle

Arcane
Kinda disappointed with the Drowned Barrows - too much of an Endless Paths vibe (yeah, yeah, I know it's only three levels, but still), when they could have done something else.

ushas

Savant
Unrelated question: If I don't have enough funds in my debit card at the end of the campaign, does Fig do what Kickstarter does and notify me of that, trying to get the money off the card for 14 days after that? I'm just not certain if I have like 1-2 euro less than what I need.
If you don't think you'll have enough you can probably just pledge the minimum amount and update it later, I was planning on the same thing but got some money sooner than expected.

Thanks, anyone else have any concrete info regarding my question?
I don't have any answer to your question. However, there is a backer questions help page on fig and you can also try submit yours request there:
https://help.fig.co/hc/en-us/articles/206556048-When-will-my-card-be-charged-

Ivan

Arcane
Kinda disappointed with the Drowned Barrows - too much of an Endless Paths vibe (yeah, yeah, I know it's only three levels, but still), when they could have done something else.
They are. I interpret this as appeasing those folks who want a new Endless Paths. This will fit that bill and the other locales will be all new stoof.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
All these goals are already "in-game", for lack of a better term, even if the campaign didn't reach them, they would still be there at release. That's the vibe I get from the entire campaign, they are there as a means to create hype and PR.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fist I hated the ratings, but I learned to live with them... now that they are gone it feels like someone died :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom