Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sizzle

Arcane
There's a dodging system (animation) now for when enemies miss you. Nice.

Arulan

Cipher
This interview is terrible. Though I suppose Josh must be used to answering these types of questions from most mainstream journalists.

Deleted member 7219

This interview is terrible. Though I suppose Josh must be used to answering these types of questions from most mainstream journalists.

It forces Obsidian devs to lower their game, though. I can understand the necessity for sites like IGN and Gamespot, but why is this random nutcase on Twitch so important?

Sentinel

Arcane
There is an alchemy skill for potions or poisons (josh doesn't remember) - poison crafting is confirmed in though.

That's pretty much the only new thing revealed in the stream.

Sentinel

Arcane
More Multiclass names

Fighter/Ranger - Hunter
Fighter/Rogue - Swashbuckler (??? not sure tbh)
Wizard/Monk - Disciple of Scrolls
Wizard/Ranger - Arcane Scout
Rogue/Paladin - Holy Slayer
Paladin/Cipher - Illuminated Soul
Paladin/Chanter - Herald

I think?

Sizzle

Arcane
More multi-class names, didn't catch them all:

Fighter/ranger- Hunter
Fighter/Rogue - Shawshbuckler
Wizard/Monk - Disciple of scrolls (Josh doesn't like this one :D )

Sentinel

Arcane
Priests are getting more reactivity related to their faith/background when compared to PoE1. Same for Godlikes.

No low INT dialogue options. There might be reactions for that once in a while though.

Sizzle

Arcane
More class/race/religion/etc. reactivity confirmed. But we already knew it was probably going to be like this.

No low-int dialogue.

TheSentinel I'm going to let you do this, kind sir :D

Sizzle

Arcane
Variant voiced lines based on how your companions feel about you.

Monsters from PoE1's Deadfire Arch. book - some, not all, of them will be in the game.

Sizzle

Arcane
Inventory & weight limitations - still not a thing. The stash is better integrated into the inventory. Personal inventories of characters are a bit smaller.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
More multi-class names, didn't catch them all:

Fighter/ranger- Hunter
Fighter/Rogue - Shawshbuckler
Wizard/Monk - Disciple of scrolls (Josh doesn't like this one :D )
lol those names suck! Most don't even seem descriptive of anything.

Sizzle

Arcane
Less lore-dumps from characters. You'll only be able to ask the "Tell me about ____." questions from characters which make sense to know information like that.

There will probably no walking in the game - it's not high-priority. It wouldn't be difficult to do, but there's more important stuff to do.

That's it. Really not a lot of new info at all.

There will probably be more info on tonight's Obsidian Twitch stream with Josh and Carrie Patel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom