Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2 Pre-Announcement Thread

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Then look at them again, each looked like distinct designs, and the in-game heads had a completely different look.

Starwars

Arcane
I really hope that will turn out well. One of the greatest little small atmospheric things in BG that I always had very fond memories of was the feeling of having rain starting all of a sudden. Such a small thing that just did so much for the atmosphere.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Doesn't PoE already have dynamic weather? Maybe this is something more elaborate than just a rain or snow effect on screen.

Starwars

Arcane
PoE has weather effects but they don't change on the fly. For example, it always drizzles in Gilded Vale. But it never changes as you move through the areas.

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
I wonder if it will have any gameplay effects (as in Divinity for example - probably not, as it wouldn't fit the mechanics) or if we'll see NPCs hiding from rain.
My guess it will be purely cosmetic.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Is there info on this game yet and is there a summary somewhere? 23 pages is a bit much.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there info on this game yet and is there a summary somewhere? 23 pages is a bit much.

It hasn't been properly announced yet, and the original post in this thread is the only official confirmation of its existence. Everything else is us interpreting various hints and teasers Josh Sawyer has been dropping since then.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Because all those left (especially Fenstermaker, the lead writer) and Tyranny (which showcases the ability of the remaining writing staff) is, in kind words, underwhelming at best.

The Tyranny team is not the Pillars of Eternity writing staff.

This might end up being the Carrie Patel show. :cool:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I know that Tyranny's Matt MacLean and Paul Kirsch will be working on this game.

As I hinted in an earlier post, I find myself not overly concerned with the quality of "writing" as such. Creativity and ideas as well as a proper sense of plotting and pacing - these are more interesting things to me now. I hope that Josh Sawyer will have more of a guiding hand in that area this time, now that he's freed from overseeing engine development and single-handedly doing system design - as he had in Fallout: New Vegas.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Because all those left (especially Fenstermaker, the lead writer) and Tyranny (which showcases the ability of the remaining writing staff) is, in kind words, underwhelming at best.

The Tyranny team is not the Pillars of Eternity writing staff.

This might end up being the Carrie Patel show. :cool:
Matt MacLean wrote for PoE1. It's only natural that writing staff changes projects after Tyranny is done.
Carrie Patel's work wasn't particularly impressive. Aloth and Devil of Caroc were pretty oaky but still weren't on the level of Edér or Zahua (or Thaos).

Besides, Fenstermaker was also an excellent quest designer. Wasn't he behind the Raedric's Hold questline? As well as that one FNV quest that so many people liked, Beyond the Beef or whatever.

Sannom

Augur
Carrie Patel's work wasn't particularly impressive. Aloth and Devil of Caroc were pretty oaky but still weren't on the level of Edér or Zahua (or Thaos).
She wrote the Council of Stars, and that is pretty much universally liked among fans of the game.

Sentinel

Arcane
She wrote the Council of Stars, and that is pretty much universally liked among fans of the game.
Congrats. 1 success out of 3 attempts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom