Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2 Pre-Announcement Thread

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
VivStandTogether.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane
My opinion about PoE's writing will remain a secret, but it is true that there was definitely a failure in leadership (see Avellone's comments about loathing the writing process).
Didn't include that in the review, eh? :M

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Didn't include that in the review, eh? :M

I wrote what I thought about it. Leadership problems could have been smoothed over in the work itself with another pass they didn't have time to make.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
HOLY FUK! How can anyone read that gibberish? Put that in the game as some sort of puzzle and I for sure would need an online spoiler guide to complete it. LMAO

Got bored and left

As a person cursed with dreadful handwriting, I can certainly sympathize. Any brave souls with sharp eyes care to decipher?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First page:

Torches - lit at night? Maybe by hand?

No label on Poko Kahara

Poko Kadesz not revealed on map

No audio

Entered wrong part of Poko Kahara

Engw. Titan cutscene doesn't end, locked out of controls

Opening Vektor's store allows you to miss quest opening

Fewer Huana terms esp. casts & other English - equiv roles

Map label still says "Mahna" village

Enemy action icon is flipped out

Party composition is weird (orlan player?)

----

Sounds like an Aumaua town.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Second page:

Ranger companion portrait is missing

Disciplined Barrage not activating

Progression ended in cave on cutscene

"Tried to post" in convo - yeah?

7/6/16 - Schedule/Budget

7/10/16 - Team Meeting

Godlike James is back! - Engw. ???

Godlikes work again -+ skin detail

Titans

The most beautiful stag in the world

Antonio's part library browser, test anims, attach weapons, make icons

Teaser trailer, Matt & Shon, Shon shots (3D), Matt icons & drawings

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Huh. "Teaser Trailer". Wonder when that'll come out, and what will come attached to it (Fig/Kickstarter/traditional publisher deal with Paradox/mix of all of these).
Who are Matt & Shon though? Artist and 3D modeler/animator?

Hyperion

Arcane
Favor Huana terms esp. casts & other English - equal roles

First word is fewer, not favor. Equiv, not equal as well. Would have it make a little more sense. Likely talking about cutting down on made up words to describe people's roles in this particular society.

Progression ended in ??? on cutscene

??? = Cave

You were able to decipher a Hell of a lot. Engwithan Titans sound sexy, though.

Hyperion

Arcane
If it's the Republics, be sure to check for any Obsidian artists on Twitter going to Venice for architectural inspiration.

Personally, I care more about the soundtrack than the background for atmosphere. If the music is on par with the tracks from White March, it'll be astounding. BGM in Russetwood is one of the best 'snowy area' songs I've ever heard in a game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom