Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2 Pre-Announcement Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It seems as though Fensty believes he's better as a regular writer than a lead, and it's best to accept that position.

My opinion about PoE's writing will remain a secret, but it is true that there was definitely a failure in leadership (see Avellone's comments about loathing the writing process).

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
namelessclosesm.jpg

Rev

Arcane
PoE's writing was so good you can't imagine another narrative lead doing better?
He wrote Eder, which was the best companion of the game after Durance, I don't know what else he himself specifically wrote but I liked most of the writing and the tone of the game. His past work on NV was also good.
I don't think PoE2's writing will necessarily be worse without him, but he was a good designer/writer and seemed to have some nice ideas in his Codex interview, so I would have preferred to have him on the team too, honestly.

Fry

Arcane
As long as they actually take their time with it, I don't think they'll have trouble improving on the original.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't think PoE2's writing will necessarily be worse without him, but he was a good designer/writer and seemed to have some nice ideas in his Codex interview, so I would have preferred to have him on the team too, honestly.

It's possible he'll still be on it as a contractor. :M

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It seems as though Fensty believes he's better as a regular writer than a lead, and it's best to accept that position.

My opinion about PoE's writing will remain a secret, but it is true that there was definitely a failure in leadership (see Avellone's comments about loathing the writing process).

Why is it a secret?

Rev

Arcane
It's possible he'll still be on it as a contractor. :M
Possible but not very likely, since he just left. I don't think he'll go back at work for the next months, maybe later but by then PoE2 pre-production should be over.

Btw, how's your playthrough proceeding?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Possible but not very likely, since he just left. I don't think he'll go back at work for the next months, maybe later but by then PoE2 pre-production should be over.

Btw, how's your playthrough proceeding?

Chris Avellone was brought into New Vegas relatively late, there could be enough time for him to write a companion.

I'm in act 2.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Peregund is an Orlan woman who finds murder strangely erotic and that is clearly an Aumaua man. I'm annoyed by this lack of attention to detail.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Excidium II

Cn7bIW3.jpg

There's also a banter between Aloth and Kana where Iselmyr says she wants to moisten his breeches so apparently this is a popular expression in Dyrwood.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
no borders and gaussian blur on the dialogue window; hopes of an improved skeuomorphic UI in PoE2 fading

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Those companion pictures ... SoZ-like using other party members attributes/skills to get different options?

Don't like the icon in dialogue rather than the skill name written out.

Sizzle

Arcane
Maybe it's something Carrie Patel says irl.

She's very likely to be someone who enjoys bouncing on her feet when happy.

proLZBT.jpg

I feel like I may be the only one in the codex who actually liked Sagani. :) Had her job, did it, didn't really complain, went home. An actual adult.

Me too, always had her in the party. A responsible adult, who's not above telling jokes and having fun - a very realistically done character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom