Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fuck y'all, this is my most anticipated RPG. You'd be a fool to trust Pillars and shit to be any good after the okay, but not amazing games like Wasteland 2 etc. But this, this is 100% guaranteed to be fucking mastercrafted in the technical department.

Avellion

Erudite
Holy crap.

• Dat Demon fighting rather than copy paste shadow models.
  • Dat artstyle
  • Potterkun is a supervillain
  • Dem Menus
  • Dem Gun inventory slot
Now I am legit, interested in this game.

• Dat Demon fighting rather than copy paste shadow models.

eighlh.gif

Finally no more fucking tables, lions and Hulk Hogans :incline:

lightbane

Arcane
Too bad that knowing Atlus, it probably will take 1d3 years for this to come out of Japan (and for Europe, if they region-block it again, add another year to the count). Still, it certainly looks better than the previous two Derpsona.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Too bad that knowing Atlus, it probably will take 1d3 years for this to come out of Japan (and for Europe, if they region-block it again, add another year to the count). Still, it certainly looks better than the previous two Derpsona.

NA release has already been confirmed. Sega will probably publish in Europe some time later.

Speaking of SEGA: They brought us VC to the PC, they should also press Atlus to port P5 to Steam as well, or let some sweatshop do the porting job.

Caim

Arcane
:hype:

I wonder if they fix the problems that Persona 4 had and how far they'll milk this one in comparison.

Athelas

Arcane
Fuck y'all, this is my most anticipated RPG. You'd be a fool to trust Pillars and shit to be any good after the okay, but not amazing games like Wasteland 2 etc. But this, this is 100% guaranteed to be fucking mastercrafted in the technical department.
It's a game that still follows a design philosophy of 8-bit hardware (i.e. combat taking place in a different dimension separate from gameplay). Not what I'd call technical mastercraft. :M

Perkel

Arcane
looks cool as fuck. Though i still have bad taste after those dungeons in P3 and P4.

Hope they will add some deep into their mechanics beside standard persona things combinations and levels.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
looks cool as fuck. Though i still have bad taste after those dungeons in P3 and P4.

Hope they will add some deep into their mechanics beside standard persona things combinations and levels.
If they could have as highly tuned boss encounters as in P4 on hard combined with P2's persona system (each character can change their persona and not just the MC, different demo types suit different characters, demons can do combo spells), that would be amazing. But more variables makes balancing such a thing harder.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I'm not ok with playing criminals but if they're not really bad people I can be okay with it. I don't see the appeal with cat burglars since I often think of times I was robbed.

Machocruz

Arcane
Damn, son!

But dose P3/P4 dungeons tho. Not sure I can slog through that kind of thing again. I hope there are improvements in the crawl area. They need to get some of the Nocturne designers on this thing.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

NA release has already been confirmed. Sega will probably publish in Europe some time later.

Speaking of SEGA: They brought us VC to the PC, they should also press Atlus to port P5 to Steam as well, or let some sweatshop do the porting job.

People on /v/ are speculating that since it's not even coming to the XBone Sony is probably paying Atlus to make sure that mainline Persona games stay on Sony consoles.

Amn Nom

Learned
I'm interested, but they seriously need to show some gameplay and talk about the dungeons. I don't have the patience to put 100 hours into a game if half of it is boring as fuck, no matter how good the other half is.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

People on /v/ are speculating that since it's not even coming to the XBone Sony is probably paying Atlus to make sure that mainline Persona games stay on Sony consoles.

Probably. I really don't see that any money Sony is willing to give them could possibly sway them away from Steam profits. Neither Atlus and to a lesser degree Sega are distribution noobs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom