Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathologic

afewhours

Scholar
azrael the cat said:
I'm not quite sure what the appropriate action is, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me.

I've been trying to figure this one out myself. I lurked for a while before I signed up, but I'm still pretty new in the grand scheme of things. I imagine there are several Codex in-jokes I'm not privy to, and I assumed the whole 'posting immature comments to induce collective facepalm' was something along those lines.

I ignored the whole thing as I imagined Lesifoere would have incinerated TWD by now if it were really that bothersome.

Hmmm. Which makes me wonder. Perhaps the appropriate action is to completely ignore the comments and not provide the drama they're supposed to incite? Gawd, why does life have to be so complicated? Time for me to fire up the search box and get educated...

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
afewhours said:
azrael the cat said:
I'm not quite sure what the appropriate action is, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me.

I've been trying to figure this one out myself. I lurked for a while before I signed up, but I'm still pretty new in the grand scheme of things. I imagine there are several Codex in-jokes I'm not privy to, and I assumed the whole 'posting immature comments to induce collective facepalm' was something along those lines.

I ignored the whole thing as I imagined Lesifoere would have incinerated TWD by now if it were really that bothersome.

Hmmm. Which makes me wonder. Perhaps the appropriate action is to completely ignore the comments and not provide the drama they're supposed to incite? Gawd, why does life have to be so complicated? Time for me to fire up the search box and get educated...

He's been at it for a while, I think we pretty much just turned to ignoring him when he stopped being even vaguely amusing.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
afewhours said:

I just assume that TWD suffers from this condition (not safe for work!) and thereby leave him alone. Imagine being born with that. It's got to be crippling.

Texas Red

Whiner
Why do I try to annoy Lesiwhore? Because she put me on her ignore list. I want to have some lulz and if this thread proves anything, at least it generated drama. Azrael the furry name is just butthurt since I told him to stop posting about his wife to boost his e-penis.

Speaking about drama... I'm pretty tired of someone always instigating it surrounding me, and the (awful) pic getting inevitably posted. No, I don't have a micropenis(the lowest insult to a man, Lesifore) and no, Azrael, you're psychoanalys is completely wrong.

And hell, Lesifoer, did you surf around wikipedia in the search word "penis" that you found that article?

EDIT: Who the hell keeps my picture and constantly posts in? Stop stalking me, please.

EDIT 2: I thought we went way down, *Cow Guru*, back to the pre Oblivion ESF days. I thought you were my friend :(.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Wait, that photo is actually TWD? I thought it was a random photo of some creepy teenager off Google. He looks... odd. Not sure what's off with him, but there's something not quite right.

Anclhaira

Novice
twdlw0.jpg

Texas Red

Whiner
Lesifoere said:
Wait, that photo is actually TWD? I thought it was a random photo of some creepy teenager off Google. He looks... odd. Not sure what's off with him, but there's something not quite right.

That's called innate charm.

I saw it half an hour ago. 4.90 €. I had read that it's buggy and unpolished, but I was intrigued, and in the end I bought it. So, anything that I should be aware of? Unofficial patches, game breaking bugs...

Balor

Arcane
Still it's worth getting - just for the sake of owning a piece of something really unique.
And besides, the female character is the most bugged, and you have to complete the game at least one with two other characters to get her... and it's a no small feat.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I was going to try it out, but it froze when I tried to change the key configurations. I figured this was a bad omen and uninstalled it.

Callaxes

Arbiter
Talby said:
I figured this was a bad omen and uninstalled it.

I hope you won't use the same mentallity if your first born will be a daugther.

Suchy

Arcane
What about this Tension game from the same studio?
Apparently Polish translation is fucked up, so I won't bother, what about English? Is it out yet?
And is the game any good?

ecliptic

Liturgist
Unoptimized? It runs fine.

There are translation problems, and minor (non game breaking as far as I can tell) bugs.

It's still 100% worth trying if you are an intelligent gamer with patience, a good head on your shoulders, and the lust for something new and different.

Mr. Wednesday

Scholar
A game for intelligent gamers. Released in 2004. With optimized graphics. You've got to be kidding.

spacemoose

Erudite
if I was responsible for translating games, I would take the budget and split it between hiring primary speakers of either language. the first draft would be done by those whose primary language is the origin language of the media (in this case russian). and the final edit would be done by primary speakers of the destination language. in this case, english

So, I've played it a bit. (Not that I'll have much time to progress in the next month.) Unoptimized? I can't confirm. It runs fine on my 2006 PC (Athlon 64 4000+, 1 GB ram, 7800 GT) and it's quite pleasant to look at. I wish it would allow a farther view distance (I keep increasing it, but it doesn't work).
A good experience up to now. I'd like to explore the town a bit more, but the time limit plus the slow movement speed plus the distance between objectives make it difficult. I wish I had a bicycle, or something like that. The amount of time spent walking feels a bit wasted. A game that requires patience, no doubt.

As for the translation... well, I'm playing it it Italian, and it has been decent up to now. Tons of typos, but the sense of the dialogues is almost always clear. However, since it's probably translated from English, I guess it'll get worse.

@ coaster: thanks for the link, if it ever gets finished and I can find a way to install it on my version, I will check it out.

edit: quote from the Eurogamer review:
It's Oblivion with cancer.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I think there was a way to change the time limit, check their forums if you are interested in that sort of thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom