Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
...what are you doing here, again?
And if you really have content to cite, then good God, woman, cite! I've been asking you for two days now.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
New page, finally. I have a leak about drama inside Owlcats related to the lead narrative designer. It's all based on an anonymous source.

The lead narrative designer of Pathfinder: Kingmaker is upset because he wasn't recognized for his position during the kickstarter campaign and marketing. He believes the company is trying to mislead people into believing Chris Avellone is the head writer to boost sales. They refused to put his bio on the Owlcats website with the rest of the lead developers, mislead journalists to believe that Chris Avellone was the lead writer, and the studio head even told him not to advertise that he was the lead narrative designer onl;ine.

The issue has caused a lot of tension and resentment between him and the management.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
many of you guys are such decline fucking whiny little faggot ass bitches about the graphics shit.

OMG GOD DA SHADOWS! FUCK LOOK AT DA THE SHADOWS AND DID U SEE THE LIGHTING??!! THE LIGHTING!!! OMG!! AND THE WATER REFLECTIONS !!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH HORRIBLE WATER REFLECTIONS!!!! FUCK I WILL NEVER PLAY ANOTHER GAME THIS COMPANY EVER MAKES!!! THE FUCKING REFLECTION AND LIGHT COMING OFF MY SWORD!!! HOLY SHIT!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! DA SHADOWS!@!!

Jesus fucking christ shut the fuck up you complaining ass cunts, the game already looks better than near any isometric CPRG ever released. my god the endless bitching about graphics, not to mention that its often about shadows and shit is tiresome as hell.
You're a fucking retard if you think graphics don't play a factor in whether or not you enjoy a game. The issue isn't whether or not the graphics are triple A ultra realistic, it's whether or not they look nice enough so that I don't want to tear my eyes away from the piece of shit I'm looking at while trying to enjoy the game. I also never mentioned shadows you fucking retard, I turn off shadows in like every game I play due to this shit excuse for laptop I have. The issue is the god awful lighting that makes every character look dark as fuck, and just adds to the shitiniess of the graphics. And if you think this game looks better than any of the classic IE games, or even Pillars, you need to clean the cum out of your eyes.
This is a shit anecdotal point. I'm an 18 year old millennial, and I absolutely loved the old IE games. The reason a vast majority of people don't like IE games is because Isometric cRPG's are a niche market, whether or not this forum would like to admit it. I don't know what kind of friends you have, bust most of my friends in HS don't even play games any more; or if they do, it's a shooter like CoD or Fortnite. Simply put, you have to be a fucking NERD to like these kinds of games. That says nothing about their overall quality, but about the tastes of people in 2018.

I love how people praise and applaud FO1 and FO2, claiming that it is a sum of all its parts, and look past all the glaring issues present in the game to maintain its excellence; but can't do the same fucking thing for IE games that are much more optimized, balanced, and better in a lot of aspects.
The infinity engine games are overhyped. Most people wouldn't enjoy them anymore, and it's for more reason than because they're old.
Bruh, I asked you to name a single modern RPG that is better than any of the IE games of old. You couldn't give me a single fucking one. What are you on about?
...what are you doing here, again? And if you really have content to cite, then good God, woman, cite! I've been asking you for two days now.
Stop being a retard and engaging with her when she's clearly just trolling you at this point.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
New page, finally. I have a leak about drama inside Owlcats related to the lead narrative designer. It's all based on an anonymous source.

The lead narrative designer of Pathfinder: Kingmaker is upset because he wasn't recognized for his position during the kickstarter campaign and marketing. He believes the company is trying to mislead people into believing Chris Avellone is the head writer to boost sales. They refused to put his bio on the Owlcats website with the rest of the lead developers, mislead journalists to believe that Chris Avellone was the lead writer, and the studio head even told him not to advertise that he was the lead narrative designer onl;ine.

The issue has caused a lot of tension and resentment between him and the management.

This is probably the most entertainment and drama we'll get from this game or its writing. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm an 18 year old millennial

This explains a lot.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So far combat clarity is somewhat better than in PoE. Partly due to slower movement and attacks, partly due to familiar system so most people who know d20 can read combat more easily (like in one of the streams, where streamer realised that he got high crit onto character because enemy was armed with battle axe and those have high crit range).

Now if only it also had art on level of PoE.

Seems like we always get only one of two or more good things in RPGs. Some devs do animations and pacing right, others graphics, and they can never forge an alliance of the betters.

If I'm choosing between the two, I'd prefer clear, intelligible combat over flashy graphics, all day long. Who cares how good it looks if it sucks to play?

Edit: Also, in before Infinitron spins the last 4 fucking pages into their own thread.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I checked the Owlcats website myself, and it's true that the lead narrative designer is not listed with the rest of the developers.

LhzDVYL.png

But look who has a huge spotlight at the top of the page?

9uDgR1w.png

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
This explains a lot.
What's it explain?
I'd prefer clear, intelligible combat over flashy graphics, all day long. Who cares how good it looks if it sucks to play?
Sure. Does that mean complaints regarding the games graphics are invalid?

People really will go out of their way to defend shit for no fucking reason. Game could be great, wouldn't make the graphics any less shit. With these recent revelations regarding the games writing however? I doubt it.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This explains a lot.
What's it explain?
I'd prefer clear, intelligible combat over flashy graphics, all day long. Who cares how good it looks if it sucks to play?
Sure. Does that mean complaints regarding the games graphics are invalid?

People really will go out of their way to defend shit for no fucking reason. Game could be great, wouldn't make the graphics any less shit. With these recent revelations regarding the games writing however? I doubt it.

I don't think the graphics are shit. More to the point, we're not living in an idealized utopia. Would it be great to have both amazing graphics and fantastic writing and awesome combat and.. and.. and...? Sure. If you find a new game like that, let us know. Most games compromise on one or more areas because money is limited and talent is hard to come by. My point was that if I have to choose, I'll take intelligible combat and ok graphics over shit combat and pretty pew pew any day.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Talent has a curious way to make you enemies.

I don't think he's mad at Chris Avellone. Just the studio head and marketing team for burying his position.

Wouldn't you be upset if someone else was taking all the credit for your work? I would be.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What's it explain?
Why you don't have the attention span even for Fallout, for one.
I don't have an attention span for most games because I have a life. What's the fucking point of slogging through hours of shit content when I have a job, school, workout schedule, and a social life to maintain? Especially when I can play a game that's good right off the bat.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Amazing graphics are overrated. I'd take Soulbringer's (google it, newfags) graphics over the newest AAA garbage graphics because low poly count adds to the aesthetic.

I don't have an attention span for most games because I have a life. What's the fucking point of slogging through hours of shit content when I have a job, school, workout schedule, and a social life to maintain? Especially when I can play a game that's good right off the bat.

I have the same things, but I'm also a musician who plays two instruments and am a PhD candidate, yet Fallout can keep my attention. You also post on the Codex.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
People go to classes at high school? I went like 2 times a week 2-3 hours late when I was 18.
I have athletics so I need to go, otherwise I get fucked by my coaches; and I took a bunch of extra AP classes that I didn't need to take Senior year for some god forsaken reason.

PrettyDeadman

This sounds extremely fake...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom